Home

Madden 18 Q & A Thread

This is a discussion on Madden 18 Q & A Thread within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2017, 08:17 PM   #249
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 18 Q & A Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by fripperiffic
I know some of you guys are hardcore about dealing with the results you get injury wise, but this year, injuries are out of control. I lost 4 players for the season in my first CFM offline game. All MCL or ACL tears. 4! Then in the next game, lost 2 more. I know that can happen, but highly unlikely. I would have let it ride, and had my injuries on the default for CFM, which was 40. (odd, because it was 10 on main menu settings) I restarted my CFM with injuries at 15, and so far, there have been a few, but much more minor.
Believe it or not, that's actually not as unrealistic as it seems. Using the NFL's own injury statistics for 2016 there were:

143 MCL Tears (between both preseason and regular season)
56 ACL Tears (same time frame)

If you were to average that out it would be about 6.5 per team (obviously it doesn't work that way, but 4 on one team isn't out of the ordinary).
Old 08-28-2017, 08:17 PM   #250
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
I think they way it works is you put a guy on IR and he needs to spend a designated number of weeks on IR, I think it's eight but I'm not sure. Once he spends his eight weeks you are able to go in and activate him, I think you can now do that with two guys per season. There is no designating someone for return when you place them on IR
How it worked for me in M17 was whenever they were cleared of their injury is when you could bring them back off IR. For examole if it was a 7 week injury, you could place on IR and any time past that 7 weeks you can bring them back. But you could only bring 1 player back so placing a short term injury in IR to open a roster spot for that short term could mess you up later in the season. I would assume its the same, except I beleive this year NFL teams can bring 2 players back off IR so it should be the same in Madden. In Madden theres no "designation for return". It was simply pace on IR and when the length was done, return from IR. So if you lose a guy in week 3 of the preseason for 18 weeks, you could bring him back in the playoffs.
Old 08-28-2017, 11:18 PM   #251
Rookie

thatmanGriffin's Arena

When will madden implement a accessories editor like nba live had back in the day. I would love a 2k like cleat creator/editor for creating custom cleats or color combinations to match real life counterparts.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2017, 11:48 PM   #252
Rookie

strife1013's Arena

What's the difference between hitting the perfect power bar on a kick vs the very top?
Old 08-29-2017, 12:39 AM   #253
Rookie

Any idea when this weeks roster update will be out? Quite a few season ending injuries and roster moves happened

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-29-2017, 12:41 AM   #254
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

What exactly is the gameplan feature when you make a custom playbook? If for example it's 3rd and long will all of my 3rd and long plays show up for me to choose from or does it work differently that that. I desperately need help organizing my playbook
Old 08-29-2017, 03:47 AM   #255
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
What exactly is the gameplan feature when you make a custom playbook? If for example it's 3rd and long will all of my 3rd and long plays show up for me to choose from or does it work differently that that. I desperately need help organizing my playbook
I have two questions:
1. When I playonline head to head itīs 5 minute quarters. I think in the previous Madden it was 6 minutes per quarter? I am right? Why have they reduced it to only 5 minute quarter? I think itīs kind of too shory.

2. When I played yesterday (Browns VS Cowboys) it lagged a lot and then it said "The connection to your peer has been lost". Then I saw that I lost that game. Do you guys think it was my network issue cause that I live in Sweden and I nearly all times face american players? Is it cause Madden servers har hard to connect games from very long distances, like it is from Sweden all the way to america?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2017, 06:07 AM   #256
Rookie

fripperiffic's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
Believe it or not, that's actually not as unrealistic as it seems. Using the NFL's own injury statistics for 2016 there were:

143 MCL Tears (between both preseason and regular season)
56 ACL Tears (same time frame)

If you were to average that out it would be about 6.5 per team (obviously it doesn't work that way, but 4 on one team isn't out of the ordinary).
That sounds about right. But you are talking about that many in a season. I'm talking about 1 game.

Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »