Home

Madden 18 Q & A Thread

This is a discussion on Madden 18 Q & A Thread within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2017, 10:40 PM   #273
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: Madden 18 Q & A Thread

How are option plays?? The reason I ask is because it always seemed the CPU knew what I was going to do. If I used Cam or Russell, the CPU always played the QB. If I used a QB not as known for running, I could let the QB keep it. Kind of kills using the option for mobile quarterbacks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-30-2017, 12:18 AM   #274
Pro

Devaster's Arena

OVR: 0

Question about legacy points. Is there a sweet spot for maximizing legacy points achieved based on quarter length, difficulty, and also possibly the clock runoff? I remember this being an issue in my Madden 15 CFM, because I was running longer quarters and my coach maxed out at like 6 or 7k legacy. I enjoy playing longer quarters, but I could always switch it up in the playoffs to maximize legacy points. Does anyone know if that works also? Just switch to the sweet spot during playoffs for maximize legacy points gained from winning playoff games, championship games, and SB's?

Also have another question concerning CFM stats. The last Madden I played was Madden 15 and a big issue with Online CFM were unrealistic statistics in the games that were simmed for the CPU. Low sack totals (capped at 4-8 usually for CPU controlled teams), no FG's over 50 yards for CPU controlled teams and every attempt over 50 yards was a miss, CPU never missed FG's under 50 yards for sims, abnormally high reception totals and low yards per reception due to the high reception totals, abnormally high tackling numbers for safeties (probably due to the high reception totals), high passing TD's for CPU controlled QB's (multiple teams above 40 every season usually). I'm hoping to get more realistic stats from the CPU controlled teams this season.

Also has anyone been able to get Gold on the Pre-Play - Defensive Adjustments drill yet? Best I can manage is Silver because when you have to call Hook Zone for the LB or Flat Zone for the CB no matter what option I select it isn't the correct one. Always fail at least 2 when 9/10 needed for Gold.

I know Gold isn't necessary, but kind of bugging me that that is the only drill I don't have Gold in.

Also is there any point to the Gaunlet? Rewards?

Last edited by Devaster; 08-30-2017 at 05:52 PM.
Old 08-30-2017, 03:41 AM   #275
Rookie

Is there a way to (always) kick a PAT in an Offense Only Game. I'm not sure why a PAT is not an offensive move for the game but going back to "play all moves" then switch back to "play all offense" is annoying. and the CPU is to dumb to do it. If a PAT fails I want it to be my fault.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2017, 09:48 AM   #276
"ADAPT OR DIE"

jcar0725's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
Go into franchise options and under relocation I believe there is a setting that says allow all. This lets anyone relocate no matter what the numbers are
Does this then have teams moving all over the place in CFM? That is my fear with clicking "allow all"......
Old 08-30-2017, 10:07 AM   #277
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcar0725
Does this then have teams moving all over the place in CFM? That is my fear with clicking "allow all"......
You should be able to activate it for 1 week and then deactivate it again. So the chance of a relocation is quite slim.
Old 08-30-2017, 10:12 AM   #278
"ADAPT OR DIE"

jcar0725's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaAut
You should be able to activate it for 1 week and then deactivate it again. So the chance of a relocation is quite slim.
Excellent, thank you.
Old 08-30-2017, 10:27 AM   #279
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianDonP

When playing a game in the off-line franchise mode, assuming 32 team control, can you switch from one team to the other during a game?

For instance, if I'm playing the Jets vs the Patriots, can I play the first half as the Jets and then go into the controller menu and switch to the Patriots for the second half?
Old 08-30-2017, 12:33 PM   #280
Rookie

kaptainkev562's Arena

Do Rams or Chargers move into new stadiums after year 1 or 2 in cfm ? And what about Raiders to Las Vegas in cfm ? Also can you keep Jersey the same if you relocate the team ? Please help ....Thx

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »