Home

Offline vs Cloud CFM

This is a discussion on Offline vs Cloud CFM within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2017, 11:43 AM   #25
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Offline vs Cloud CFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandwin
I didn't know Online CFM had in-game saves, that may sway me. I used it so much the last few years. So do I need to close application like offline and just resume, put PS4 in rest mode etc..? So server goes down you don't lose progress?

I have a feeling they've fixed everything at this point. Meaning, I think u can do whatever u want, honestly. It should be creating a save point after every single play, actually. Therefore, u can close the app, or the server can crash, or u can leave in rest mode.

Although, I'll add this. In the situation I just tested, I quit the application because I'm still on ea access trial and I don't want to lose my trial. It's still possible, imo, if u simply left the game on, and walked away for an hour or so, perhaps the ea server would log u off, and that's where a potential issue can arise. U have PS4, so I'm not sure.

I'll say this as well for Xbox one, see, the other thing that can happen is switching apps or switching games. When u play another game, u sort of lose the last game's cached situation. I think that had something to do with my lost games in M16. Something about the caching of current game to allow u to switch between game and tv.

So, again, I'll say that based on what others are saying and my having just tested it with quitting the app (game), I think you're safe, overall. Hopefully, by now, they've accounted for all the types of scenarios how your system might shutdown or disconnect from ea servers. Perhaps, now, they ALWAYS create a save before anything can happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2017, 11:34 AM   #26
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Can we have multiple saves with cloud or just one?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-24-2017, 08:00 PM   #27
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandwin
Can we have multiple saves with cloud or just one?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Operation Sports mobile app
One save per CFM. Everytime you exit it makes a save for that CFM.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 08-24-2017, 08:10 PM   #28
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

OVR: 40

Is there any way to convert a cloud CFM to an online one later? Not sure which one I should go with.
Old 08-24-2017, 08:25 PM   #29
MVP

OVR: 1

Offline forever and always. I want control, and cloud doesn't give you any. No multiple saves per franchise, it doesn't let you quit out of a game without auto saving it "for you," no internet means no CFM, it's bad. I'll never go cloud again.
Old 08-24-2017, 08:31 PM   #30
Rookie

Landonio's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
Offline forever and always. I want control, and cloud doesn't give you any. No multiple saves per franchise, it doesn't let you quit out of a game without auto saving it "for you," no internet means no CFM, it's bad. I'll never go cloud again.
This 100%.
Old 08-24-2017, 08:56 PM   #31
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

OVR: 0

I was also on the "hesitant to try" train but once I made the switch it was a no brainer, everything is so much quicker online which is important to me because I have limited time to play. I can only think of a handful of times that were issues with it and it was a Playstation or Msoft problem not an EA server problem.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2017, 09:15 PM   #32
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by superjames1992
Is there any way to convert a cloud CFM to an online one later? Not sure which one I should go with.
Cloud is online. You can't convert an offline to online or vice versa.

I always do offline because it's easier to control/mask problems in CFM. Offline I can 'control' my draft class (reload advance from preseason to season generates a new class), control odd coach hirings/firings, control CPU roster mistakes (bad trades, cutting early round rookies, etc.), and simple control more.

Plus I always like to create a Bill Belichick for the Pats, doesn't seem right with whoever they have on there. Also, when generated coaches are hired, will sometimes replace with a real coordinator/college coach, since no effort is put into designing these generic guys (no unique looks, body's clipping through clothing).

I may dab into online later in the year to use Play Now Live, but not after I've spent countless hours 'tweaking' my main offline CFM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »