Home

Madden 18 worth it?

This is a discussion on Madden 18 worth it? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2017, 10:40 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 18 worth it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trained2Survive
What are the biggest differences between 17 and 18 other than roster and frostbite engine?

Is it worth buying this season?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
trained to survive....its fun ,....thats all I need I'm old school

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
Old 08-29-2017, 12:09 PM   #10
Rookie

Bought it, enjoying it.

Mods, please delete thread.

Romans 1:16
Old 08-29-2017, 03:09 PM   #11
Rookie

bodean's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trained2Survive
What are the biggest differences between 17 and 18 other than roster and frostbite engine?

Is it worth buying this season?

No, save your money and enjoy 17. Don't give into hype, most of the seasoned Madden players in this forum aren't impressed with the game, that speaks volume
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2017, 08:38 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

i kind of have to agree with the last poster....I demoed it and have decided to skip this year....Just not enough gameplay improvement from previous season.

And the Franchise Mode has literally been untouched. All the things....even the little things they should have cleaned up from last year's Franchise mode were left as is

-No Historical Stat, Standings, Box Score Tracking from season to season

-Interface is still bloaty and lacks detailed hyperlinking to drill down more information on things

-Weekly Matchups lack the teams records so you have no idea of the weekly matchup signifigance

-Still cant adjust sliders or gamespeed during the game

-Still cant play any Franchise game on the schedule unless you have Full 32 team control which takes forever to setup

-no CUSTOM CAMS (and weve been asking for this for years now)

I guess I could keep going on but you get the point.....

And why should the Moderators delete this post?....Dont you think others could benefit from this information so they can make an educated decision like you did?
Old 08-29-2017, 08:49 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicoLaguna

And why should the Moderators delete this post?....Dont you think others could benefit from this information so they can make an educated decision like you did?

I was only posting this for myself I guess. I'm honestly not disappointed with this years entry, but I agree with the year to year stats, like MLB The Show Series. New contracts being signed would be awesome announced, even more so if the guy goes down with an injury, like in real life. Also, bring back assistant coaches with real names. That's just a few things I'd like to see.

Romans 1:16
Old 08-29-2017, 09:12 PM   #14
Just started!

yes, more modes than the past madden games. The last i played was 16
Old 08-29-2017, 10:01 PM   #15
Pro

caseyj622's Arena

OVR: 3

I wasn't going to buy it but honestly the 4 man pass rush is 1000% better this year if you have an elite defensive line. I've been playing with the texans and just wrecking havoc on people online and offline with a 4 man rush. Clowney and Mercilus on the edge and Watt on the interior is no joke. in 17, I would get stonewalled 90% of the time or get a miracle blockshed at the last second. This year, they really collapse the pocket and cause chaos. That, combined with the defensive adjustments screen is worth the purchase to me. Im a big defense guy, and setting it to aggressive pass rush and being able to shadow their #1 wr with my lockdown corner wherever he goes is a gamechanger this year.

Last edited by caseyj622; 08-29-2017 at 10:03 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2017, 12:52 AM   #16
Banned

jt2000's Arena

The graphics are good and gameplay wise its better. The C routes are still open. The FS/SS just stands there on up the middle streak plays. You can't edit generic playbooks this year like you could last year. They are formations that are in some generic playbooks that can't be found in the formation list when you do a custom. CFM really hasn't been touched. The MUT bs got upgraded. The AI sometimes plays smart others it as goofy as it was last year. I can keep on going.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »