Home

Franchise Commentary - Rookie Names List

This is a discussion on Franchise Commentary - Rookie Names List within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 08-22-2017, 10:55 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: Franchise Commentary - Rookie Names List

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tizza23
In Australia we can get the game until 25th, can one of you guys please confirm if there is first and/or last name commentary on ANY created players. I'd if I make a player with the name Tom Smith will
His last name be mentioned frequently by commentators. This is a huge deal for me deciding to get this game... I can deal with rookies not looking close to real life, but if I make Josh Allan the QB (pretty common last name..) and they never say his name I can't stick with a long franchise mode... after 4-5 years your commentary will be silent because you have a team full of rookies all because EA is too lazy to implement something essential for franchise longevity..
I don't think so but I will check. I created Boar Jackson and Storm Stewart when I first started and their last names were not said. Stewart I know is in and I assume Jackson is also said on generated rookies.

I know the announcers actually saying a rookie's name is a small detail but it's almost a night and day difference in realism inside of Franchise.
So moral of the story is don't edit the name, first or last, if you want the announcer to call them out. You can edit appearance, size, equipment, and attributes and you're fine. I do NOT know if the names are still called if you edit other parts of the first page like; school, position, or handiness. I question it because editing the first name did mess it up. (only 1 trial though)
Old 08-22-2017, 11:12 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauler97
I don't think so but I will check. I created Boar Jackson and Storm Stewart when I first started and their last names were not said. Stewart I know is in and I assume Jackson is also said on generated rookies.

I know the announcers actually saying a rookie's name is a small detail but it's almost a night and day difference in realism inside of Franchise.
So moral of the story is don't edit the name, first or last, if you want the announcer to call them out. You can edit appearance, size, equipment, and attributes and you're fine. I do NOT know if the names are still called if you edit other parts of the first page like; school, position, or handiness. I question it because editing the first name did mess it up. (only 1 trial though)
Having a rookies last name is great but in many ways it limits my scouting options, I will draft a slightly lesser prospect at a position like QB if his last name is Jackson as opposed to a unique/obscure name I know won't be spoken by the commentators.. my best Draftee in madden 17 was a 79 Superstar QB with pick 14 named R.J Printers but I wouldn't draft him in this years mode if I know I can get a lesser player with commentary- immersion is everything for me in this game :/
Old 08-23-2017, 07:22 AM   #11
Rookie

rplatypus's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauler97

The only thing that will delete the audio for draft picks with audio is changing the first or last name of a player. You can edit everything else. Create a players do not have audio as you have said.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2017, 08:00 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by rplatypus
The only thing that will delete the audio for draft picks with audio is changing the first or last name of a player. You can edit everything else. Create a players do not have audio as you have said.
I can confirm, I moved a CB to HB and his name was still called.
I was able to pluck several rookie FA's with their names called.

Cameron, Gray, Warren, Weaver, Mason, Daniels- all in.
Odd one, I got a WR Bryant but I've not heard his name, just "Wide Receiver"
Old 10-18-2017, 05:37 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1
Icon2 Re: Franchise Commentary - Rookie Names List

I've only been able to find a couple threads about this and after I decided to run my own tests. First I'm adding to the names that work list: Parker, Rose, Jones, Rodgers, Freeman, Meyer, Jacobs, Wade. I can confirm that you can edit anything on a player except for their name. What I've noticed is some names get said with more regularity. For example, in about 20 touches I heard the last name "Wade" twice. I heard the name "Jones" 3 out of his first 5 touches. Parker is another name I will hear often, and then you have "Meyer" who I'll hear a little bit more than I do "Wade". If I have "Freeman" as a running back, sometimes they will say "Deveonta Freeman". It's unfortunate that it's like this.
Old 10-19-2017, 02:25 AM   #14
Rookie

In my 4th season meanwhile the following Rookies have their names by the commentators.

Webb, Buchannon, Weaver - I don`t have more playing yet, or they are in the third string where they have less play time.
Old 10-19-2017, 04:08 AM   #15
Rookie

permanent1's Arena

OVR: 8

Phillips is one i heard and of course i created colt cruise for my franchise and they say cruise as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2017, 06:28 PM   #16
Rookie

StoneWallace17's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by permanent1
Phillips is one i heard and of course i created colt cruise for my franchise and they say cruise as well.
They say his name if you just created him in the main menu? Neat. I might actually do that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »