Home

Franchise Commentary - Rookie Names List

This is a discussion on Franchise Commentary - Rookie Names List within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 10-20-2017, 08:34 PM   #17
Rookie

permanent1's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Franchise Commentary - Rookie Names List

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneWallace17
They say his name if you just created him in the main menu? Neat. I might actually do that.
Yeah, i just created his name and gave him the pre-set face that is already there for him.
Old 10-20-2017, 11:54 PM   #18
Pro

Devaster's Arena

OVR: 0

I just drafted a HB named Ryne Kelley. Haven't touched his name at all. However in the 1st preseason game the commentator is calling him Deandre something. If I can figure out the name I kind of want to edit it, but then maybe I risk losing the commentary completely.

Annoying.
Old 02-18-2018, 07:32 PM   #19
Rookie

permanent1's Arena

It seems like they say most of my drafted players names now, i drafted a QB named reed elway and they say his last name so i just pretend he is related to john lol
Old 02-22-2018, 09:18 AM   #20
Rookie

Ruben2424's Arena

I drafted a MLB named Tommy Saleh yet everytime he makes a big play the commentary refers to him as "Shane Stove". It's really weird lol. I'm still debating whether to change his name to "Shane Stove" but I'm worried that the commentary won't say the name anymore since I "edited" the name.
NCAA: Florida State Seminoles
NHL: Florida Panthers
Old 02-22-2018, 09:23 AM   #21
Pro

Devaster's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruben2424
I drafted a MLB named Tommy Saleh yet everytime he makes a big play the commentary refers to him as "Shane Stove". It's really weird lol. I'm still debating whether to change his name to "Shane Stove" but I'm worried that the commentary won't say the name anymore since I "edited" the name.
I've been told as much that editing their name will lose all the commentary. They should still call the MLB Saleh on any play except one where he scores. I just deal with it. Annoying how my RB is called Kelley, but as soon as he scores he is "Deandrew White" or something.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2018, 11:24 PM   #22
Pro

Devaster's Arena

So what determines if a player gets their named called? I've not heard many of my drafted players' names called. Granted, a lot of them didn't have draft stories. I drafted a late round Superstar WR without a draft story named Daniel Devito and no commentary. I have a 1st round HB I drafted with a 'football convert' story named Ryne Kelley and they do announce his last name when he makes plays.

I have a FS I drafted with the 'major injury' draft story named Clim Fleming and I never hear his last name called when he makes a defensive play. I figured since he had a draft story, despite it being negative, I would hear his name called. I also switched his position to SS, but I don't think that should have impacted anything.

I have a 1st round CB I drafted with a positive Combine draft story that had Superstar development named Jamal Dishman. I've never heard 'Dishman' called.

I have a rookie TE named Gordon Jaeger right now that was drafted with Superstar development. He had no draft story. Will I ever hear 'Jaeger' called?

What determines if a player gets their name called? Do they need to have a positive draft story?
Old 02-26-2018, 12:00 AM   #23
Rookie

permanent1's Arena

Not sure what determines it but as of right now my starting QB,HB,FB,TE and two receivers all have their last names called, also i have a player last name kelly and they call him by a different name when he scores.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »