Home

Madden 18 Bugs/Glitches Thread

This is a discussion on Madden 18 Bugs/Glitches Thread within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2017, 01:52 PM   #105
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Madden 18 Bugs/Glitches Thread

This is probably more of an exploit than a bug

Bug: squib kicking the football the return team runs away from the football allowing the kicking team to pretty easily recover. This only happens if the return team doesn't immediately catch it. Its got about a 50% success rate which is really high.

System: Ps4

Can be easily reproduced in games or practice.

Sent from my LGAS992 using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2017, 01:52 PM   #106
Pro

OVR: 1

Bug - Player traits do not show correctly when opening up any player's card. For instance, when looking at a LB's player card, it'll show "LB Style" instead of "Coverage LB." High Motor or Bull Rush, for instance show fine, but the Styles and Tendencies, etc. do not display correctly.

Game Mode - All player cards in whatever mode with latest roster update (as of 8/25/17).

Reproduce - Yes, for every single player card on latest roster update (as of 8/25/17)
Old 08-26-2017, 02:00 PM   #107
Rookie

SwagBoutDatMaddenLfe's Arena

OVR: 0
Player Traits Glitch!!!

All relevant details included..Lets get this patched quickly.

How To Get Free VC, MyPoints, Ratings Boost, & More
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCTD961eD68&t=28s

NBA 2K19 Live Grind Jordan Rec Center (E4)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPakmZrjnsU&t=1578s
Old 08-26-2017, 02:14 PM   #108
Pro

BUG -- Understand this may not be a bug...more like a miss...but all the weekly game plan values for each team (you know, the 58% pass or 17% of the time play Cover 3, etc.) EXACTLY THE SAME AS M17 despite playbooks changing for each coach. And even worse, for the teams that have new coaches, they have inherited the EXACT SAME PLAY CALLING % as the previous coaches did in M17 for those teams, respectively. So, Anthony Lynn has the exact same play calling tendencies as McCoy did for the Chargers last year, despite being completely different coaches, let alone different playbooks/schemes? Negatively impacts the whole point of game planning against an opposing team.

MODE -- CFM

REPRODUCE -- Yes, all CFMs for all teams
Old 08-26-2017, 03:11 PM   #109
MVP

glenzariczny's Arena

OVR: 2

Not really a bug but the contract logic in CFM is completely out of whack. Kirk Cousins and Matt Stafford signing 4yr/60M extensions while Malcolm Butler is getting the same contract. Not even close to realistic

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC
EPL: Manchester City FC
NHL: Dallas Stars

Follow along with all my franchises on Twitch!: https://www.twitch.tv/whiskeygamer27

Last edited by glenzariczny; 08-26-2017 at 03:33 PM.
Old 08-26-2017, 04:12 PM   #110
Rookie

Bug: Signature throwing styles broken.

Mode: All.

Able to be replicated? Yes.

https://twitter.com/Nick_Frangops/st...65155597717504 - video inside.

I noticed the last two games that a lot of signature throwing motions applied to numerous players were not working and noticed the same thing this year. When I went to player customization I discovered that almost every single QB style was the exact same generic motion aside from a couple of them. I have no idea if I'm the first to bring this up or whether or not it was an intentional change or a bug.

Rivers, Newton, Wilson, Brees, Tannehill, Tyrod Taylor, Big Ben, Brady, and Carr are the only QBs I've noticed that actually have their unique motions work. Every other QB I've played with so far uses this same "generic" motion in game.

I first noticed this 2 years ago. I brought it up here + Twitter and actually talked to some of the devs about it. I got told it would be addressed in the next game, and here we are :/. What's much different this year is what I captured in the video. I think I counted, like 4-5 throwing styles that were unique. Every other one (and there's a gazillion of them) are the "generic" motion. It was not like that the last 2 games. In the last two Madden games they would be unique motions assigned to each player, viewable in the "styles" customization screen, but just wouldn't work in-game. Now it's just the generic motion they've been using since Madden 06 across the board. Interestingly enough, Eli Manning has a unique style applied (I think it's Slinger 8 off the top of my head) that has worked in the last two games but not this year, despite being one of the few styles that are viewable in the customization menu.

I love the little details in Madden and was so pumped when they added signature throwing styles back in 09. It's disheartening to have brought this up 2 times in the past, been told that they were aware of it and it will be fixed next year, only for it to have happened a 3rd time. I think this actually happened back in Madden 15 or 25 at launch and it was patched up in a week....I'm hoping they'll actually fix this as it's something I really enjoy in the franchise.

Last edited by Mogglez; 08-26-2017 at 04:14 PM.
Old 08-26-2017, 04:29 PM   #111
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

OVR: 0

Players two shades of colors. Elijah Qualls and Sidney Jones both have super dark faces and the rest of them is light brown. Looks so weird.

Cloud CFM
Ps4
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2017, 04:40 PM   #112
MVP

glenzariczny's Arena

OVR: 2

Bug: In CFM Teams keep signing and releasing same players over and over again throughout the season. I.E. Minnesota will sign DeAngelo Williams and release Jerick McKinnon one week, then the next will do the exact opposite and re-sign McKinnon and release Williams. This keeps going on throughout the entire season.

Game mode experienced in: CFM

Can it be re-produced?: How?: I haven't tried to test it with another CFM, but I would assume so

Photos: Will upload once Microsoft One Drive starts working
MLS: Seattle Sounders FC
EPL: Manchester City FC
NHL: Dallas Stars

Follow along with all my franchises on Twitch!: https://www.twitch.tv/whiskeygamer27

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »