Home

Will I need a PS plus subscription for play now live?

This is a discussion on Will I need a PS plus subscription for play now live? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2017, 08:49 AM   #1
Rookie

TD73's Arena

OVR: 4
Will I need a PS plus subscription for play now live?

Does anyone know? I'm a casual madden player I like the idea of jumping in and playing saying week 7 games (obviously when that week arrives in real time) and now am able to continue on with any team in franchise mode from that point of the season. Would the franchise have to be online or can it be off line? Basically to use this do i need to have a subscription? Just wondering, Thanks in advance
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2017, 07:30 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Will I need a PS plus subscription for play now live?

I can't say for sure, but I would assume that you would. Have you been able to get roster updates in the past without a subscription?
Old 08-20-2017, 07:53 PM   #3
Rookie

TD73's Arena

Yes I have. Every week last year for m17.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-22-2017, 09:08 PM   #4
Banned

mhayden614's Arena

The answer is yes. Really annoyed with this. Just got rid of Playstation Plus a little over a year ago. Now have to add it back if I want to utilize this feature. Frustrating!
Old 08-23-2017, 11:47 AM   #5
Rookie

TD73's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhayden614
The answer is yes. Really annoyed with this. Just got rid of Playstation Plus a little over a year ago. Now have to add it back if I want to utilize this feature. Frustrating!
Agreed! But it is what it is. Hoping this was gonna be like nba 2k's version of jumping into a season and taking over the franchise offline at any point during the season. Be it at the end of preseason or end of the season going into the playoffs and rolling with whatever team I wanted to roll with. But if said franchise team can only be done via cloud then forget it.I can still do my franchise offline and still have some fun with an nfl game and a play now game once in awhile Not a big deal but was just wondering. Thank God for MLB The Show! My go to game for like 10 years now lol!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2017, 12:24 PM   #6
MVP

scitychamps87's Arena

OVR: 3

Just found this out for myself. Ouch. Was looking forward to this too. Can anyone tweet the Devs about this? I wonder if they can create some sort of work around. This is absolutely insane.
--5 Time Stanley Cup Champions--
Old 08-23-2017, 12:41 PM   #7
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by scitychamps87
Just found this out for myself. Ouch. Was looking forward to this too. Can anyone tweet the Devs about this? I wonder if they can create some sort of work around. This is absolutely insane.
All online gameplay on PlayStation 4 requires PS Plus. If Play Now Live is blocked without PS Plus, then I have to imagine it's a first-party restriction. I'm guessing Play Now Live counts as online gameplay given that A - it sources a ton of its content from live services, and B - one may spawn a cloud franchise from the result of a Play Now Live game.

If that's the case, complaining to Tiburon isn't going to change anything, you'd need to complain to Sony instead. That said, maybe there's a way they could deliver Play Now Live content for just the games themselves in the same manner they deliver roster / commentary updates in the future.
Old 08-23-2017, 12:42 PM   #8
Rookie

Think I'm going to bite the bullet and buy a years PlayStation plus as it's £40 for 15 months at the moment and price going up soon. It will be nice to have real life play now franchise with weekly updated commentary to play alongside a normal cfm, the main reason I bought the game was for this play now live cfm.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »