Home

Everybody talks offense schemes. Lets talks defense schemes

This is a discussion on Everybody talks offense schemes. Lets talks defense schemes within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2017, 12:11 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Everybody talks offense schemes. Lets talks defense schemes

I basically run Pete Carrol's defense, though I moved towards it completely independent of him.

For those that don't know, it is a single high safety 4-3 under defense. I cannot overstate how much it sucks that Madden defense does not have proper positions like SAM and WILL. Because of this my defense is half effective as it should be, but I still love the scheme.

For those who are interested, here is how I progressed to this defense:

Spoiler

My personnel choices are completely determined by my scheme, so if you are aware of the 4-3 under front and single high press you already know what I look for at every position. If not, google it. It is well worth the read (you may even come across the same article that originally prompted me to adopt the under front!).

Edit: I should note, that in my franchises I never make the switch until after the first year. So I am currently running the Ravens default playbook, but am planning the switch to my 4-3 under. Really bummed that we lost Jernigan as I always developed him into a stud 3 tech.

Last edited by ggsimmonds; 08-29-2017 at 12:16 PM.
Old 08-29-2017, 03:07 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 0

I'd love to run a 4-3 Under scheme (as laid out by adembroski and ggsimmonds) but the game's lack of strong/weak side alignment makes it nearly impossible to run it perfectly.

I'm playing with the Dolphins, so I want Suh as my 3-tech and Jordan Phillips as the NT/1-tech. However, as soon as the CPU lines up the TE to the left side of the field, the alignment switches and Suh automatically becomes the NT/1-tech. I think the only way to stop this would be to turn off 'auto-flip'.

The same could be said for the Safeties - the game switches alignments and suddenly your FS plays in the box and your SS is used as the Centerfielder.

Is there a way to get this to work?

Last edited by burnum; 08-29-2017 at 03:10 PM.
Old 08-29-2017, 03:57 PM   #11
MVP

StefJoeHalt's Arena

Like others have stated I was really enjoying 43 under..the only difference is I used Madden's 34 predator as it will move the LOLB to strong side always and I used ROLB as the LEO end who always moves to weak side (the issue is UT does not move)...I would mix in OVER ED as my "43 over" as it always aligned my LEO weak side..and then LE strong side always...however the past two years been mixing in 43 wide 9 however with minor line adjustment of "pinching the line" which causes the ends to be more of 5/6i tech and DT's in 2i..

when using under front mostly cover 3 with a small mix of cover 2..when in my modified wide 6ish/9 mostly cover 2 mix with cover 4..dont blitz often unless im "Dollar"
Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2017, 11:44 PM   #12
Banned

I just had an idea since you can't have ideal personnel due to formation flips.. I was thinking about literally basing out of the 4-3 Normal and prototype linemen speed and strength and a mlb that's the only true LB in the formation and outside lbs that play like safeties... Alas the Miami defense...

Sent from my 5049W using Tapatalk
Old 08-30-2017, 12:46 AM   #13
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

I usually run a 4-3 under defense, cover 3 on run downs and cover 2 on passing downs. I'm trying a 3-4 this year since that's what the Bears run, I wanted to stay zone oriented but I'm having no luck so I need to stock up on some man corners
Old 08-30-2017, 12:57 AM   #14
Banned

jt2000's Arena

I run a 3-4/4-3 hybird defense that includes all three 46 formations and nickle and dime formations coming from both PB's. Which I took Oakland and New England's and make one playbook out of the two. Here is my setup:

RE - Power moves and speed
DT 1 and 2- Strength
LE -Finesse moves and speed
ROLB - Man coverage
MLB's - Zone coverage
LOLB - Block shedding and speed. (all he will be doing is blitzing)
CB's -Man coverage and speed
FS - Zone coverage and hit power
SS- Zone coverage and hit power.

Last edited by jt2000; 08-30-2017 at 12:59 AM.
Old 08-30-2017, 08:21 AM   #15
Rookie

BB_Dynasty's Arena

I'm a 4-3 guy, but usually my scheme adapts to whatever the Bills are IRL. My preference has always been a 4-3/Tampa 2 type scheme. I mix up my coverage, but my most common is some type of cover 2. I hate when the Bills are a 3-4. I'm not as good using the 3-4.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2017, 09:25 AM   #16
Rookie

Although my Steelers are a 3-4 defense, I've never found success running it. I prefer a 4-3 with some occasional LB blitzing. I don't run too much zone, but I'll occasionally mix it in. I look for man coverage in the DB and zone in the Safeties since that is mostly what I have them doing. Speed in the DB is a big plus. If I'm doing a fantasy draft, I'll load up a real strong defensive line so I can free up my LB.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »