Home

Gameplay Items Being Looked At For First Update

This is a discussion on Gameplay Items Being Looked At For First Update within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2017, 02:34 PM   #9
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Gameplay Items Being Looked At For First Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
Breaks have been a big issue for a long time. This year it's even worse bc defenders aren't as "floaty" as they were in the past and actually
Need to plant to change directions.

The issue is offensive players can make cuts at full speed while defenders get stuck in a slow down and change direction animation. It's one of the main reasons corner routes are always open
Agree they need to adjust how receivers cut their routes. "OR" they allow the defender to "loop" on their coverage, thus allowing the defender to not cut so hard like the receivers..
Old 08-20-2017, 02:49 PM   #10
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

QB Sneak ? Really ? People cheesing with that since the early 1990s cheese play already ? Anyway zones need to be tighten up across the board, it is like there is no communication happening between defenders when an offensive player enters and leaves an area.

I for one think the QB AI not scrambling should be top 3 priority. And they definitely need to eliminate that QB drifting half way to the sideline and firing across the opposite side of the field animation and logic.
Old 08-20-2017, 03:10 PM   #11
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

I have seen and heard from Rex that Blue Zones need attention with reaction time when a pass is thrown. I wonder how, or if anything would change for certain zones, especially purples, if shading logic was being implemented? I wonder, out of all the videos we have at our disposal, if any of the users are even trying to shade?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2017, 03:32 PM   #12
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe
Seems a lot of folks are talking about AI QBs not scrambling and a QB's overall handling of pass rush awareness.

While not a direct gameplay issue, I'd love to see the recording of gameplay stats such as "thrown at" and "catches allowed" etc actually get registered in played games.

Excited for Madden this week overall. So grateful they fixed injuries away from the ball!
Please do not post impressions of items you have not experienced yourself.

I'm asking for specific to people playing as to not push conjecture and the "telephone game" opinions.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Operation Sports mobile app

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Old 08-20-2017, 05:54 PM   #13
World Series Champions!!

Cubfan's Arena

OVR: 20

AI not trying to get away from the pass rush/ AI play calling on 2nd and 3rd and long need to be looked at. To many plays with streak routs or deep post/corner routs leading to the QB standing like a statue.

Blocking on pass rushes: Offensive line/ RB not picking up blocks consistently enough.
NBA: Chicago Bulls
NCAA: Iowa Hawkeyes
Old 08-20-2017, 07:08 PM   #14
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Play calling, CPU QB AI, and adaptive CPU AI are the biggest issues that plague this game. And they have for years. But Gamechangers and all of the MUT YouTubers could care less. The painful reality is that those are the people that they listen to.

All anyone has to do is look at the fact that the game is tested on 6 minute quarters. Look at the scores from some of these games. It's impossible to have realistic scores with half (or less) the plays in a typical game unless the game is skewed towards offense.

At the end of the day, that is all anyone needs to know about where the priorities are for the dev team and the rest of EA. If you come out and say SIM football is the vision and then test the game on 6 minute quarters that's an ugly contradiction.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-20-2017, 07:18 PM   #15
MVP

Americas Team's Arena

It worries me that they need specific examples to know what's wrong with the zones.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2017, 07:32 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 19

Zones:
1) AWR is the rating that drives recognition of threats passing through a def zone, but very high shoots Contextual Awareness up very high causing players to really weird and robotic while running with ball tracking dictating what direction head will be facing.

- looks ugly with Player covering/running while head is continually looking back at the QB

2) Another issue is the 90+ THP which makes passing so easy as the ball gets to the WR very fast.

- right now it simply overpowers even a 90 MCV and 90 ZCV, and needs to be scaled so that these Elite coverage levels can have a greater impact against high THP rating.

Pass Rush:
1) Easy fix is "unhide" the Pass Rush Slider so gamers can tune against the 2.5 Pocket Timer to their liking (problem solved)

- lots of stonewalling to let Pocket Timer do its function, which is "delay" pass rushers

2) **The biggest issue driving why there seems to be little Pass Rush, is the QB's drop back animation is way too fast compared to the blocking/Pocket Forming animations.

- QB drops back so fast, it makes them have to sit there bouncing while the other aspects of the passing gameplay play catch up.

3) Outside Pass rushers do not cause the Pocket formation to bend around the QB's while still engaged with T's.

- this would help facilitate faster decisions being made by both AI and User because Sense Pressure Traits would trigger faster for AI, and Users making passing decisions faster with def players closing in.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »