Home

Target Passing In SIM Mode

This is a discussion on Target Passing In SIM Mode within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Should target passing in Sim Mode be tuned to take into account QB's accuracy att?
Yes 100 90.09%
No 11 9.91%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-16-2017, 11:46 AM   #1
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4
Target Passing In SIM Mode

Ok, so we already know that using target passing in SIM Mode does not take into account the QBs accuracies. Now knowing that, im curious for one, and for two would like to see other peoples feeling on that who plan to play sim mode.

The reason is , they have said they can tune the separate playstyles separately, which was the entire reason for making them. So id like to see a vote only from those who plan to play SIM Mode please.

Do you think in Sim Mode, target passing should be tuned to take into account the QBs accuracies ? Meaning you cant throw a dot to a specific spot the same amount of times with a bad as you can with Rodgers,Brady,etc.

To me , when you say your making a mode to make attributes matter, that should be all the time, for each position. So im curious here, what others here think , should they look to tune it in SIM Mode only. Personally i think so.

*ill be sure to tweet this poll to Rex after launch with the results.

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel

Last edited by howboutdat; 08-16-2017 at 11:57 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2017, 11:58 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Target Passing In SIM Mode

IMO along with QB Accuracy, Target Passing should also factor in WR 'Awareness' and 'Route Running' attributes.

Brady or Rodgers trying o complete a Target Pass to a 3rd stringer should be much more difficult than trying to throw a pass to Gronk or Jordy Nelson.
Old 08-16-2017, 11:58 AM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
Ok, so we already know that using target passing in SIM Mode does not take into account the QBs accuracies. Now knowing that, im curious for one, and for two would like to see other peoples feeling on that who plan to play sim mode.

The reason is , they have said they can tune the separate playstyles separately, which was the entire reason for making them. So id like to see a vote only from those who plan to play SIM Mode please.

Do you think in Sim Mode, target passing should be tuned to take into account the QBs accuracies ? Meaning you cant throw a dot to a specific spot the same amount of times with a bad as you can with Rodgers,Brady,etc.

To me , when you say your making a mode to make attributes matter, that should be all the time, for each position. So im curious here, what others here think , should they look to tune it in SIM Mode only. Personally i think so.

*ill be sure to tweet this poll to Rex after launch with the results.
I'm not sure it is something actually "tuneable". I am curious if the mechanic was built with any reference point and it's just off or if it is simply point the ball throw the ball. If it wasn't built with a hook for ratings I am not sure there is anything that could be done about it this year.
Old 08-16-2017, 11:59 AM   #4
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfie
IMO along with QB Accuracy, Target Passing should also factor in WR 'Awareness' and 'Route Running' attributes.

Brady or Rodgers trying o complete a Target Pass to a 3rd stringer should be much more difficult than trying to throw a pass to Gronk or Jordy Nelson.
While i totally agree with you, realistically i think we would be lucky to get it tuned to just make target passing take into account 1 thing at this point. But i do agree that would be much more realistic.

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Old 08-16-2017, 12:02 PM   #5
Pro

michapop9's Arena

OVR: 9

Absolutely it should. Just like combined awareness of o-line dictates blitz pick up, I think combined awareness of wr and QB should dictate how the wr reacts to an off route target pass.

So yes to accuracy ratings as well as wr+QB awareness rating.

Last edited by michapop9; 08-16-2017 at 12:10 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2017, 12:02 PM   #6
MVP

With what I said above aside, I do think it should be tied to the accuracy ratings. I was just pointing out that I am not sure it's possible. Would be interesting to hear a comment on that from Rex.
Old 08-16-2017, 12:02 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 1

I'm looking forward to trying it before jumping on the 'makes every QB the same' wagon. I know it doesn't take some ratings into account, but I've seen passes go pretty far off target & uncatchable while using the neutral target passing (I think that's it...the one that isn't tied to any receiver). I'll come back after I've used it

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Born in '82, 49er Faithful since 1986!
Old 08-16-2017, 12:03 PM   #8
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

If anyone votes no I just want to say we can't be friends

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »