Home

M'18 Biggest Draft Studs and Freaks

This is a discussion on M'18 Biggest Draft Studs and Freaks within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2017, 09:59 AM   #97
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: M'18 Biggest Draft Studs and Freaks

I'm playing as the Jets. Last year I drafted a pretty decent prospect with the 19th pick, a 79ovr, 23yr, west coast style QB with 93thp. I was reasonably excited to finally have something resembling a QB after starting Bryce Petty, Christian Hackenberg and AJ McCaron.

I felt pretty set until I saw this guy. He's the best QB prospect I've ever seen. I had to have him. I traded my #1 pick next year and the rookie QB I took last season (threw for 23td and 14int) for the number 1 overall pick this year. I'll post his OVR when he's taken. There's also another stud in this draft ... a 21yo, balanced QB with A thp, B+ sac, and B tor.
Old 09-19-2017, 01:21 PM   #98
Rookie

All I can say is WOW. The Jets finally got a QB selection right.

Old 10-09-2017, 10:05 PM   #99
Rookie

Broncos58's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjeffery09235
All I can say is WOW. The Jets finally got a QB selection right.

That is a beautiful picture right there

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 10-10-2017, 12:51 AM   #100
MVP

itsmb8's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos58
That is a beautiful picture right there

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Operation Sports mobile app
Hate to be that guy, but that is pretty ugly IMO. Granted I'd love to see rookies put up Dak numbers here and there, but a guy rated 87 out of the gates is guaranteeing Dak numbers, when in reality it should be more chance. Of course, amazing pick, but I dont think any rookie should be above an 85, and in the current scouting system it's way too easy to see that this guy was going to have an overall like that.
Old 10-10-2017, 01:33 AM   #101
MVP

TheDutchDad's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmb8
Hate to be that guy, but that is pretty ugly IMO. Granted I'd love to see rookies put up Dak numbers here and there, but a guy rated 87 out of the gates is guaranteeing Dak numbers, when in reality it should be more chance. Of course, amazing pick, but I dont think any rookie should be above an 85, and in the current scouting system it's way too easy to see that this guy was going to have an overall like that.
Hate to be that guy, but it really doesn't effect you at all, so.... Who cares really? Again, this happens so little it's a non-issue for me.

Sent from TheDutchDads way cooler than an iPhone, Samsung S8+. Android FTW.
Old 10-10-2017, 12:40 PM   #102
Rookie

EJQJ99's Arena

OVR: 3

I really wish they made a Jerome Bettis or Micheal turner type body styles in the draft classes. I wanna draft a nice 250 lbs powerback that is not as skinny as a 200 lbs speed back. That’s all I ask lol. I love pounding the rock and it just seems so weird to see these skinny guys trucking over linebackers.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 10-10-2017, 03:57 PM   #103
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJQJ99
I really wish they made a Jerome Bettis or Micheal turner type body styles in the draft classes. I wanna draft a nice 250 lbs powerback that is not as skinny as a 200 lbs speed back. That’s all I ask lol. I love pounding the rock and it just seems so weird to see these skinny guys trucking over linebackers.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Bettis was actually listed as a FB at first. It really wasn't until the Steelers that he was listed as a HB. It may be out of the box, but have you looked at converting a rookie FB?
Old 10-10-2017, 04:09 PM   #104
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmb8
I don't mind it once in a while where it's truly a rarity. The best stories in the NFL are when rookie QBs seemingly come out of nowhere to be stars... Dak Prescot, RG3, and so on, some of the most exciting years.

With running backs this should probably be a bit more common. Going into last week, before Cook's unfortunate injury, the top 3 running backs in the NFL were Kareem Hunt, Leonard Fournette, and Dalvin Cook, with Gurley and Elliot rounding out the top 5. Of those 5 players, none of them were alive the last time the Lions or Bengals won a playoff game

But, really the ratings system probably needs to change a bit for it to mimic reality more closely. You see a lot of rookie/young QBs enter the NFL and are actually fairly effective, only to come back down to earth as team's scheme against them. Brock Osweiller, Colin Kaepernick, RG3, even some very talented QBs like Andrew Luck have a lot of success early, but aren't able to transition their game and get exposed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »