Home

M'18 Biggest Draft Studs and Freaks

This is a discussion on M'18 Biggest Draft Studs and Freaks within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 10-10-2017, 04:26 PM   #105
Rookie

EJQJ99's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: M'18 Biggest Draft Studs and Freaks

Quote:
Originally Posted by artofperfection
Bettis was actually listed as a FB at first. It really wasn't until the Steelers that he was listed as a HB. It may be out of the box, but have you looked at converting a rookie FB?

Even the FBs are skinny though. No one has that beefy bulk type look that The Bus or Turner had. Even Jonathan Stewart looks a lot smaller in game than he really is. The only back I have found that has the beefy look to him is Mike Tolbert but he is already 31yrs old.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2017, 08:11 PM   #106
Just started!

OVR: 0

Keilan gotta have some off the field problems I'm not seeing.
Old 10-12-2017, 04:22 AM   #107
Pro

IK720's Arena

OVR: 7

Just completed my first draft with my 49ers franchise. Overall disappointing as I was 1-15 and had the #1 pick, but literally none of the QB's were scouted to be any good (and I checked every one after the draft.. a couple may have been more serviceable than my current options but no franchise potential).

I ended up taking a CB to start building my defense up. Not bad for my first step in rebuilding the 49ers. Odds are I'll have a top 3 pick next season as well haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-17-2017, 08:03 AM   #108
MVP

OVR: 11

2017 draft. This draft was loaded with 80+ overall players. Also had a ton of undersized recievers.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20171014_164434.jpg (458.5 KB, 481 views)
File Type: jpg 20171014_164659.jpg (457.9 KB, 493 views)
File Type: jpg 20171014_170058.jpg (473.9 KB, 487 views)
Old 10-17-2017, 08:08 AM   #109
MVP

OVR: 11

And then there was this guy... wow
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20171017_080725.jpg (456.9 KB, 481 views)
Old 10-20-2017, 11:53 AM   #110
Pro

IK720's Arena

OVR: 7

I drafted this guy #1 to hopefully begin the rebuild for the 49ers..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-20-2017, 12:05 PM   #111
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

This is my first draft class in my Dolphins CFM which is now in Year 2. I had a stellar draft. All of them made the team and I have a few gems here.

Player Profile - Dawson Bell had a fantastic senior year at Georgia leading the SEC in interceptions and lack of targets. In short, he was a true shutdown corner in the SEC. He comes in with tremendous speed and all the tools to be a #1 shutdown corner. Not only that, his imposing 6'4' frame matches up against top WR's like Julio Jones, Mike Evans and the like. The Dolphins are counting on Bell to develop fast and expect him to be the anchor of the secondary for years to come. - So far after the pre-season and through 2 games he has shown the ability to be a shut down corner. I expect him to rapsidly continue his development. He is currently my #1 CB as a rookie.

Player Profile - D.J. Collins was widely regarded as a top 10 pick coming into the draft out of the University of Miami. Standing 6'5' with track star like speed he was a no doubt Plus TE coming into the NFL. But then 3 weeks into his Jr year at Miami he was suddenly dismissed from school for violating team rules. Allegedly D.J. was missing classes on a regular basis and somehow was sporting a 3.0 GPA as a marine biology major. Allegations of cheating became rampant and although the administration refuses to disclose what part of the code of conduct he violated, the word is he was dismissed based on cheating on some major exams in his sophomore year. Collins also refuses to discuss the circumstances surrounding his dismissal from Miami. When the second round began General Manager Michael Sword had Collins circled. "I had a great opportunity to interview D.J. in his Pro day (D.J. skipped the NFL combine) and there is no doubts about his physical ability. But we wanted to see what kind of young man D.J. is. Needless to say we were very comfortable after our interview process and vetting process as well." "The Miami Dolphins feel we selected an outstanding young man who made a childish mistake and has learned from it". The scouts are all raving about his pre-season thus far and it looks like the Dolphins may have struck gold in the second round with a franchise plus TE. D.J. has already shown incredible ability in catching the ball in small spaces, stretching the field and just flat out a huge nightmare for defensive coordinators. - Thus far through 2 weeks he has been nothing short of dominating. He tore apart the Jet's in week two for 8 receptions 145 yards and 2 TD's. A FORCE.

Player Profile - This pick sent shock waves across the draft floor in New York Radio City Music Hall. When the Dolphins made this pick there was a sense of a huge reach was taken here. However one thing about Daniel Pope that was undeniable was his combine results. Pope was ranked #1 in every single combine event for MLB's in this years draft. That's correct, you read this right, #1 in every event. So why was he projected as 4th-5th round draft pick? Off the field troubles and the lack of a great football IQ were huge concerns. But GM Michael Sword and coach Adam Gase needs playmakers, and guys who physically can change a game. The Dolphins need LB's as they have converted to the Attacking 3-4 scheme. "The Pope of Dade County" has arrived. It remains to be seen if this kid can develop into an All-Pro talent like Sword and Gase seem to think. His story will be followed closely. - The Pope of Dade County was thrusted into a starting role when Kiko Alonso went down with a shoulder injury and will be out 5 weeks. He led the team in tackles in week 2. An athletic freak. He just needs to build up his awareness and play recognition. I reached.....and I feel like I struck gold.

Player Profile - Long Carter was widely thought of as a can't miss LG guard prospect coming out of Kansas. He is well known as a pile mover in the running game and his pass blocking skills can easily be developed as well. Smart and physical Carter was a sure fire 2nd rounder. But he skipped the NFL combine and rumors of failed drug tests for PED's spread on twitter like wild fire on draft day. Sword and Gase did not flinch. They had Carter in for a pro day, had a 2 hour interview with Long and his father. They pulled the trigger and have been rewarded with a starting LG right out of camp. Carter has been very impressive this pre-season and now anchors the left side with Laremy Tunsil. This may be another homerun pick for the Fins in the middle of the draft. - Instant starter out of traning camp and a devastating run blocker. He will be a cog at LG for 10 years.

Player Profile - Carey Polk really raised eyebrows with his senior season at Ole Miss. Playing the SEC is almost like playing in the minor leagues of the NFL. His Senior Bowl performance was also epic. He recorded 12 tackles and a pick six. He is known as a very active SS and highly athletic. He can play both the Strong and Free Safety position and has been used in the dime and quarter packages in pre-season. He has made his teammates take notice in practice with his high motor and incredible work ethic. Keep an eye out for Mr. Polk in the future. - He is now starting after Reshad Jones went down in week one with a rib injury. He is a great tackler. Very raw, but highly athletic and can hold down the fort for a few weeks till Jones get's back. So far he has filled his role perfectly. Not a huge drop off from our star SS and can be a spot starter and decent depth when injuries occur to Jones.

Player Profile - When the Dolphins came up for their 6th round pick Adam Gase was on the phone with GM Michael Sword and they were talking about their RB situation. Clearly Jay Ajayi is their lead back and the expectations for Jay are high after an injury riddled 2017 campaign and sub 1000 yard season (after coming off his breakout 2016 season). Damien Williams was resigned to a very cap friendly/modest contract, but had struggled ever since signing his extension raising concerns about who can take some of the load off The Jay Train. Alabama Alum Kenyan Drake was out almost all season with an injury and has really disappointed the coaching staff with his slow development. Michael Sword told Coach Gase he really felt Ross Diggs a 6'1' Speed back out of the University of Maine had the goods to be a very productive change of pace back as well as a deadly KR/PR. With the emergence of David Moore at WR pushing Jakeem Grant down the depth chart, Sword felt taking a shot on Diggs in the 6th round was well worth the gamble. Well......so far so good. Diggs is leading the team in rushing yards this pre-season and also returned a punt for a TD. Diggs has endeared himself to the coaching staff with his work ethic and amazing personality. Keep an eye out for Ross as he may have a bigger impact on the offense than expected. - This kid has been nothing short of explosive. He has already returned a punt for a TD and provides a wonderful change of pace. Kenyon Drake was released. That's how good this kid is. The Dolphins have a true Thunder and Lighting backfield now and he provides what Lamar Miller did before he left for Houston.

Player Profile - Charly Goings had a really bad stretch his Junior and Senior year at Arizona State. In his Junior Year he was suspended for 8 games after a major hazing controversy gripped the school and the nation. Goings was one of 12 fraternity brothers who filled pledges underwear with tubes of Ben Gay but one of the pledges ended up having to have major surgery to repair the damages "down there". Goings denied involvement but videos shown of his fraternity party showed him rolling around laughing as the pledges were grabbing at their privates in obvious pain. "Good Time Charly" as he was come to be known as then returned for his senior year to put that behind him. Goings was widely regarded as one of the best pass rushers in the Pac - 12. After 9 games he had 13 sacks and was on his way to a first team All-American finish until he tore his quad and hamstring vs USC. He would miss the remainder of his season and then barely was able to get through the combine. Sword took a shot on "Good Time Charly" and thus far has blown away his teammates and coaches in training camp and thru the pre-season. He is a classic edge speed rusher and will be used on obvious passing downs this season. A potential deep sleeper may have been unearthed and a Ben Gay Sponsorship may be in the cards for Goings!! - Goings is in on obvious passing downs and already has a sack through two games. Good time Charly is proving to be worth the risk.

Player Profile - Andre Waters was a legendary FS in his day with the Philadelphia Eagles. An undrafted free agent, he would blossom under defensive coordinator Bud Carson and go on to be one of the most feared hard hitting safety's in the history of the game. Tragically Andre committed suicide in his Tampa home on November 20th 2006. His brain was used in a study by Dr. Bennett Omalu and was determined to have CTE. His brain had the characteristics of that of a 90 year old man with with the early stages of Alzheimers. His son Martinez was only 10 at the time of his death. Martinez attended UCF and had a solid if unheralded career. The Dolphins took him with the potential to develop into a starting FS one day. For now he is slated as a 3rd stringer and trying to make the team. He has Calvin Pryor III in front of him and one of them will be released as the Dolphins plan on carrying 4 safety's max. We are rooting for this kid. He could also be on the Dolphins practice squad and is a good candidate to make the practice squad if he does not beat out Pryor for the back up FS role. - Has not played, but made the team as a primary back up. A work in progress.

Player Photo N/A at this time

Player Profile - Trip Whiting was taken in the 7th round as well. A big strong lefty QB out of Oklahoma State, Trip has gotten the attention of the coaching staff with his laser beam throws downfield. He looks to develop into a solid back up short term with hopefully some upside to maybe even become a starter one day. Trip's concern is his accuracy. He really needs to develop his SAC and MAC if he wants to ever move up the ranks into the starter category in the NFL. Thus far though he has had a solid pre-season and may even be a rookie back-up QB if he has another great performance in the Dolphins Week Four pre-season game. Right now he is slotted in as Ryan Tannehill's back up. Can he solidify that? - He is Tannehills primary back up and proved to be a decent rookie QB. A very powerful arm, he needs to develop the accuracy. A sleeper? No he will probably never be a franchise QB, but a capable back up for a game or two? Yes. A long term injury to Tannehill though would prompt a veteran QB to be signed though.
NBA 2K22

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 10-20-2017 at 12:07 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2017, 12:40 PM   #112
Pro

Devaster's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJQJ99
I really wish they made a Jerome Bettis or Micheal turner type body styles in the draft classes. I wanna draft a nice 250 lbs powerback that is not as skinny as a 200 lbs speed back. That’s all I ask lol. I love pounding the rock and it just seems so weird to see these skinny guys trucking over linebackers.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I'll show the full stats once I draft him. He was a football convert from Track & Field, so he will have the SS development trait.

Last edited by Devaster; 10-20-2017 at 12:42 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »