Home

M'18 Biggest Draft Studs and Freaks

This is a discussion on M'18 Biggest Draft Studs and Freaks within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 12-31-2017, 12:33 PM   #161
Pro

Devaster's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: M'18 Biggest Draft Studs and Freaks

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistolpete1980
I saw some sweet RBs scouted, but I never really checked to see what they came into the league rated. Considering McCoy gets hurt all the time for me, I need to pick one up in my 2020 draft. There are some early 1st round projected ones, but I probably won't be picking there, and trading up for a RB just isn't something I really need to consider.

I'll take a peak around the league, and see if anyone is doing great as a rookie RB.
I've been trying to draft depth with an RB2 the past couple seasons and no luck. I haven't been able to find a RB in the 72-76 range in the mid or late rounds at all. They all end up being 66-69 OVR turds. There doesn't seem to be much middle ground with the RB position. You either draft a 78+ stud in the 1st round, maybe 2nd round, or get a 66-69 OVR turd in any other round or FA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2017, 12:42 PM   #162
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devaster
RBs have been really crappy in my first 3 drafts. The one I drafted has been great. And I really like how he also had 84 or 85 ELU. You don't see a lot of RBs with high TRK, ELU, CAR, and BCV. Great for a power back.

But the other 78-79 OVR power backs haven't had great stats outside of TRK, SFA, and CAR. A couple 79+ speed backs, but they are one-trick ponies. This recent draft finally had a 80+ RB with an 81 OVR one-cut RB. The physical stats aren't off the charts, but everything else was good.
Power Back is code word for should of been a FB this year. FB is code for should of been OL. I think I'm stuck in the bygone era of madden when physicals was everything but the rookie running backs don't seem to be capable of replacing current RB players.
Old 12-31-2017, 12:56 PM   #163
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devaster
I've been trying to draft depth with an RB2 the past couple seasons and no luck. I haven't been able to find a RB in the 72-76 range in the mid or late rounds at all. They all end up being 66-69 OVR turds. There doesn't seem to be much middle ground with the RB position. You either draft a 78+ stud in the 1st round, maybe 2nd round, or get a 66-69 OVR turd in any other round or FA.
That is interesting. Like I said, I need a replacement for McCoy and I did go through 2 drafts not liking any of the mid round RBs. I did pick one, maybe 4th round and he may be one of those 68 OVR turds. I'll check. But I have been kinda waiting for a depth RB in the mid rounds.
Old 12-31-2017, 01:30 PM   #164
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

FWIW, I was able to pick up a mid-round (4th or 5th) back to spell McCoy after year one of my Bills franchise. The guy came in at 70 OVR, I think, and he had some standout skills that allowed him to contribute immediately.

For the things M18 does wrong, I think draft class variance is a thing it does right.

I've simmed enough seasons to have seen lots of different class types, and I could see in this game going a couple of years in a row where the talent is thin at positions of need for your team.
Old 12-31-2017, 01:33 PM   #165
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
FWIW, I was able to pick up a mid-round (4th or 5th) back to spell McCoy after year one of my Bills franchise. The guy came in at 70 OVR, I think, and he had some standout skills that allowed him to contribute immediately.

For the things M18 does wrong, I think draft class variance is a thing it does right.

I've simmed enough seasons to have seen lots of different class types, and I could see in this game going a couple of years in a row where the talent is thin at positions of need for your team.
I also like how they handle scouting. You cannot scout everyone. In my first two drafts I just went down the list. Well that was stupid, because come draft time I had only scouted the top 3.5 rounds worth of players. In rounds 4 through 7 I was flying blind.

Now you have to decide what a certain position is worth to you, round wise, and scout accordingly.

Again, the draft is so much better than any previous season.

Seriously though, where is this mock draft?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2017, 01:49 PM   #166
Pro

flyer1985's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistolpete1980
I also like how they handle scouting. You cannot scout everyone. In my first two drafts I just went down the list. Well that was stupid, because come draft time I had only scouted the top 3.5 rounds worth of players. In rounds 4 through 7 I was flying blind.

Now you have to decide what a certain position is worth to you, round wise, and scout accordingly.

Again, the draft is so much better than any previous season.

Seriously though, where is this mock draft?

Not a mock draft. It’s just the rankings of the players.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
NCAA: Indiana Hoosiers
Old 12-31-2017, 01:50 PM   #167
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsmobile19
Yea I agree the ages of rookies are too high and I hate it, not realistic at all. It was the same way last year and it was so rare to find a 21 year old rookie.
with M17, i would change a lot of ages.

however, i found that leaving the ages of RB as 23-24 actually made the game more realistic. they’d have four or five years of good productivity before dropping off. if you made them 20-22, they all burst onto the scene and became so good they end up in the HOF. at one point nearly every team in my franchise had a back with 1500 yards somewhere in his career and around 25 teams had two stunningly good RB.

so, i stopped changing them and the game became better.

also, once a RB hits 31, i reduce them to SLOW dev and sometimes i do it with guys who are 30yo. the very best keep up but it helps young guys to get starting stops as the 33 RB shouldn't be carrying it 30 times a game.

Last edited by ajra21; 12-31-2017 at 01:59 PM.
Old 12-31-2017, 01:55 PM   #168
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDutchDad
You can just edit the guys age, can't you? I used to change little things like that last year. I wouldn't touch ratings, etc, but age, appearance, and the occasional ridiculous name would get edits.
yeah, i’d tweak guys who had faces that didn’t fit their body etc. and changed stupid names like “smith smith” or the draft where i had five players with the same name, two of them being QB going in the first ten picks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »