Home

M'18 Biggest Draft Studs and Freaks

This is a discussion on M'18 Biggest Draft Studs and Freaks within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 12-31-2017, 01:58 PM   #169
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: M'18 Biggest Draft Studs and Freaks

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistolpete1980
I don't mind the number of 78-80 OVR QBs available in the draft either. It seems like very few will progress into the 90s anyway. They can come in the league, and be serviceable, but not stars. Getting the stars is a different story.
i make a lot of QB into SLOW dev guys as i find it makes it more realistic. if i donít do this, i find too many become QB that teams want to keep but donít. a ton of guys end up with 85 OVR but hitting FA.

making them SLOW dev balances it out.
Old 12-31-2017, 02:03 PM   #170
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
I also like how they handle scouting. You cannot scout everyone. In my first two drafts I just went down the list. Well that was stupid, because come draft time I had only scouted the top 3.5 rounds worth of players. In rounds 4 through 7 I was flying blind.

Now you have to decide what a certain position is worth to you, round wise, and scout accordingly.

Again, the draft is so much better than any previous season.

Seriously though, where is this mock draft?
it's still too easy to find good players. you can pretty much scout everyone in the first four rounds and in most instances, i pick out the guys in the latter rounds by using the combine and scouting their first attribute.

i'm still using the dice method to force me into purpose missed picks. plus i'm letting the CPU draft the day three picks to reduce the chance of me hitting on a guy. third day draft picks are luck and letting the CPU pick makes it harder.
Old 12-31-2017, 02:38 PM   #171
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
What Mock Draft are you talking about?????
I said kinda like a mock. When you scout it ranks the prospects. I use that as my mock of sorts

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2018, 02:05 PM   #172
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corstaad
So this is the best running back I've seen this year in drafts. Does anyone else think rookie running backs suck compared to previous years? I can't seem to find a guy with good physical ratings like we see in current players and having the all important other attributes this year seems to require. This makes for bad running backs a few years down the road.

I can confirm after having done atleast 8 rookie drafts this year that you wonít find any elite potential runningbacks. They will almost always be slow with terrible agi and acc if they have any decent stats like juke or elusiveness. The power backs will rarely get a 90 speed but they will most likely have like 80 agi or acc as well. The only time you can get backs with 91+ speed is when you draft the later round speed backs and they always have the worst stats.

The balanced HB type is pretty bad as well as the one cut runners as they can sometimes have decent physical rating a but they always have terrible intangibles.

Itís kind of depressing that we will never find the next AP, David Johnson, Ezekiel Elliot, etc. Iím talking the guys who are big backs with great abilities to break tackles but arenít slow and lumbering. 220+ lbs and a sub 4.40 time. Iím always run oriented and always take the elite guys when I play and Iím worried once my guys hit their decline years I wonít be able to replace them with a similar player type.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 01-01-2018, 02:20 PM   #173
Pro

Devaster's Arena

Just a page back someone drafted an 81 OVR power back with 90+ SPD/ACC. That is a rarity that I haven't seen in my first 3 drafts. But then power back also had ELU in the 60's, which sucks. I took a hit on SPD when I drafted my power back, but he turned out to be a beauty with mid-80's ELU. Just had to pump some experience into his catching stats and JKM/SPM.
Old 01-03-2018, 07:37 AM   #174
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holmesx10
I can confirm after having done atleast 8 rookie drafts this year that you wonít find any elite potential runningbacks. They will almost always be slow with terrible agi and acc if they have any decent stats like juke or elusiveness. The power backs will rarely get a 90 speed but they will most likely have like 80 agi or acc as well. The only time you can get backs with 91+ speed is when you draft the later round speed backs and they always have the worst stats.

The balanced HB type is pretty bad as well as the one cut runners as they can sometimes have decent physical rating a but they always have terrible intangibles.

Itís kind of depressing that we will never find the next AP, David Johnson, Ezekiel Elliot, etc. Iím talking the guys who are big backs with great abilities to break tackles but arenít slow and lumbering. 220+ lbs and a sub 4.40 time. Iím always run oriented and always take the elite guys when I play and Iím worried once my guys hit their decline years I wonít be able to replace them with a similar player type.

I drafted a hb 3 seasons ago in my cfm with the 8th overall pick. Came out the draft with 6í1 218lbs, 94 spd, 93 acc, 95 agi, 94 elu, 95 bcv, and 80 rte running. Had low awr and cth. If I remember correctly he was a 79 or 80 overall and superstar. In his 3rd season he is a 91 ovr.

Old 01-04-2018, 11:46 AM   #175
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

OVR: 27

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2018, 11:47 AM   #176
Pro

Devaster's Arena

There are 4 players better than that CB???

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »