Home

Post Franchise Blog

This is a discussion on Post Franchise Blog within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2017, 06:28 PM   #1
MVP

Toupal's Arena

OVR: 0
Post Franchise Blog

It has been a few weeks since the dust settled from the lackluster release of updates for Franchise. Since then the community has had time to mull things over, and I have some questions I am curious what everyone else thinks.

Did the CFM Blog change your mind on purchasing Madden 18?

If you are not buying Madden 18 because of the neglect for CFM, what update. tuning can they do to get you to purchase Madden 18?

Have you noticed any decent differences from 17 to 18?

Were these additions enough to make you happy?

What were you hoping would be added this year?

What are you expecting from Madden 19?

What can Madden do to make things right for Franchise players?

Since the release, has anyone heard anything from the devs in regards to the future of CFM?

I have no intention on buying Madden 18 as of right now due to the state of CFM, but I want to hear from those of you that are playing Franchise why I should upgrade from 17 to 18.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2017, 06:36 PM   #2
MVP

Black Bruce Wayne's Arena

Re: Post Franchise Blog

I bought it because I like the gameplay somewhat better than last year. CFM is still uneventful. It's really ashamed.

I was hoping they would add the things we have asked for for years. Like weekly highlights as one example, Everything in NFL Coach, and position battles which was something we saw in Madden 06 I believe.

I expect Madden 19s CFM to finally join us in 21st century.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old 08-21-2017, 06:47 PM   #3
Rookie

CFM did change my mind. I was set on getting it because I knew what Frostbite would do for the game graphically. But I started a franchise and found myself bored of it before I even started a game. Too much of it looks identical to last year. It feels old and stale already.

I don't know of any tuning they could do to change my mind. I'm really on the fence leaning towards no after 7hrs of play time. I really like the look and feel of the game for the most part.

The differences I've noticed is the lightning first and foremost. The sun moves throughout the game. My favorite time to play is at 6:15 because it transitions to night time by the end of the game.

The dynamic time of day did make me happy. It's something I've been wanting because I feel it adds an extra level of immersion to the game. Hopefully next year they add dynamic weather and cloud cover. I can't remember which game, but there was a game a while ago where you could see clouds move over the field and a blimp. Just a nice extra level of realism.

I was hoping for updated presentation and a CFM overhaul.

I'm expecting a better, more enhanced presentation package as well as a fresh/better CFM.

All they have to do for me is make the mode feel fresh and more in-depth.

I can't give you a reason to get it this year if you're mainly a CFM player like myself. I don't want to support EA financially because of the lack of attention to my favorite mode for like 3 years in a row. But I really like how the game plays and how it looks over last year. I'll probably get it used and trade it in once it becomes available in the EA Access vault.
Old 08-21-2017, 07:36 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

It was actually the gameplay footage that has swayed me to not purchase this year. Offline CFM is all I play and I was willing to deal with it being put on the back burner if gameplay took a huge step forward, but I feel like they've taken a tiny step forward at best after seeing the QB pocket awareness issues, the zone issues, and their sorry excuse for the bad playcalling.

Did the CFM Blog change your mind on purchasing Madden 18?
No but it certainly didn't make me want to purchase the game

If you are not buying Madden 18 because of the neglect for CFM, what update. tuning can they do to get you to purchase Madden 18?
Give me an easy way that doesn't require two controllers and 32 team control to assign a playbook/gameplan to my opponent

Have you noticed any decent differences from 17 to 18?
The off ball injuries, while not a cfm feature, will add to cfm. I also like the idea of a draft board, simply because I want to be able to list every guy I scout in the order that I would pick them

Were these additions enough to make you happy?
No

What were you hoping would be added this year?
Build upon the formation subs we got last year. Let us use them for all formations in a custom playbook and let us do subs for kickoff and kick return teams. Also, do something to make cfm feel like an NFL season, not a series of 16 play now games

What are you expecting from Madden 19?
I don't know what to expect, but my outlook isn't positive. I tried counting and I think I've gotten 17 of the last 25 Maddens since I started playing the game and this is the most discouraged I've felt towards the game

What can Madden do to make things right for Franchise players?
Use the 2005 franchise mode as a model for what they're striving for.

Last edited by reyes the roof; 08-21-2017 at 07:43 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »