Home

Madden NFL 18 Retail Impressions

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 18 Retail Impressions within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 08-24-2017, 11:05 AM   #201
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: Madden NFL 18 Retail Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtd03
This is 2017 why are the jersey's completely white in rain games?

Why are the completely white period for any non turf game?

How can they not have puddles in this game when games like GTA etc has them?

Why doesn't EA ever improve the graphics from year to year

The graphics aren't improved? Nonsense.

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2017, 12:00 PM   #202
Rookie

bdeezy89's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunkerdown
Here a lot of people mentioning a patch coming out tomorrow. Are people confused with GOAT edition patch that came out already, so people with reg version will get when they start up game for first time? or is there an actual 2nd patch coming out?

Xbox GT: Hunkerdown
Mixer: HUNKERDOWN
Twitch: Hunkerdownuga
Sports Franchises:
Madden 18 - Falcons
FIFA 17 - Everton
NBA 2K16 -Hawks
Per John White and Rex, there's no patch coming anytime soon
Old 08-24-2017, 12:55 PM   #203
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

Has anybody played MUT Squad? I'm a big fan of team-up modes in sports games, but they're only as good as the community allows them to be. Do people actually run offenses, or do they play backyard football and chuck deep balls all game long? Do the 3-min quarters allow the game to have any kind of flow, or are you pretty much in a hurry-up mode all the time? Are people quitting games early? Are people trolling (i.e using all their timeouts consecutively, intentionally moving defenders out of the way to let the other team score, etc)?

Obviously, any of these things can happen in any given game. Just depends if you get stuck with one of those guys or not. But my question is are these things rampant in the mode?
Old 08-24-2017, 02:48 PM   #204
---

TexasFan2005's Arena

For those who say the graphics haven't improved, or for those who doubt that Frostbite made a difference to the game outside of Longshot mode (I was one of them), I encourage you to play the first monday night game in CFM Saints @ Vikings. The start time is earlier since it's a double-header so the game is in the late afternoon. The lighting might be the best I've ever seen in a game.
Old 08-24-2017, 03:23 PM   #205
BRING BACK F2000 HELMET!!

l8knight1's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdeezy89
Per John White and Rex, there's no patch coming anytime soon
Devs are getting slammed in tweet thread for being terse in their answers about patches, but I don't blame them. Product not launched to all yet and they've worked hard and deserve some credit and a breather. That said, the issues of awareness/zone far from dead though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2017, 03:54 PM   #206
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by l8knight1
Devs are getting slammed in tweet thread for being terse in their answers about patches, but I don't blame them. Product not launched to all yet and they've worked hard and deserve some credit and a breather. That said, the issues of awareness/zone far from dead though.
I'm finding it hard to agree with this man. I respect your opinion, but I cannot concur.
Old 08-24-2017, 03:56 PM   #207
Pro

So Iíve played a few games on all pro Sim with Armor & Swords beta sliders. This by far is the most fun Iíve ever had with this series. Every year I always get it and am excited then the let down insues I let it collect dust for months because of 2K then MLB The Show. This year feels different in a very good way but there is some bad. All the issues a lot of other people are having with the zones and QB AI ďstatueĒ, Iím having very little of those. Donít get me wrong it does have its flaws that make me upset but the positives like the running game, Blocking and even sometimes defense. Every game I have played so far has been a bit of high scoring but a lot of mistakes are caused by me when I take control of a user defense player after the play is drawn.

Just finished a game Bucs (me)vs Seahawks (cpu)
37-31 Bucs
Wow what a game. In the beginning it was really slow cause both defenses were doing there job. One thing I donít if itís bad or not but 4 combined interceptions in the FIRST Quarter. 2 of them I made a mistake so thatís my fault. But the fact that the CPU takes advantage of a mistake I do is great and thatís what makes it fun.
Russell Wilson ended with 6 INT while Famous Jameis ended up with 3.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (580.2 KB, 357 views)
Old 08-24-2017, 03:57 PM   #208
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furq
As someone who is only a casual fan of the NFL and more of an NBA fan ... is this worth the upgrade from 17?

I've had issues with realism in the past, on 17 the computer at one point had 4 false start penalties called in a row which I found aggravating. I also feel like the computer can be down by 3 TD with 2 minutes to go and instead of conceding defeat will play hurry up offense as if they have a chance. Are these sorts of things fixed in 18 for you guys?
the things you mentioned have been a problem for this franchise for years. I don't think that last thing with cpu conceding defeat has been corrected either. I personally am sticking with 17 this year. I'm having fun with it and I want to wait for a price drop and some patches.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »