Home

Madden NFL 18 Retail Impressions

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 18 Retail Impressions within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2017, 09:19 AM   #241
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Madden NFL 18 Retail Impressions

Is this game worth it on the standard platforms?

Sent from my STV100-2 using Operation Sports mobile app

Nebraska Cornhuskers
Washington Redskins
Miami Heat
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2017, 09:23 AM   #242
Rookie

OVR: 4

Impression: Defense, both man and zone, is seriously broken this year.

So I'm playing Saints (me) vs Browns and its a 3rd down. So I come out in a Nickel set to combat their 3WR and TE, the play is a cover 1 with a LB blitzing. The safety has the tight end in this situation and I manually switch my LB to play man in order to double team their TE Njoku because they've been throwing to him all game. Hell I even spotlight the guy pre-snap and set my team to look for a pass.

Low and behold he makes one cut up field and is WIDE FRICKING OPEN and they throw it to him for a first down on 3rd and 16.

Like seriously? What else can I do besides call the perfect coverage and exactly predict what they're going to do? The LB and safety weren't even close to the play

This has happened multiple times like this and is not an isolated incident. I could understand if it's double coverage and there's a great throw/catch made like in real life but for my nearest guy to be 5 yards behind the WR with safety help over the top because of the spotlight is just ridiculous and needs to be addressed

<\end rant>

Last edited by Hoops737; 08-25-2017 at 09:26 AM.
Old 08-25-2017, 09:25 AM   #243
MVP

Gorilla Glass's Arena

OVR: 6

I'll give Madden 18 a 9 out of 10.

The game is beautiful. From the players to the stadium to everything in between, this game shines.

This years CFM went unchanged, but at the same time, I'm more concerned about getting on the field. I guess they could change the UI up a lil bit.

Overall it's a really good game.
Old 08-25-2017, 09:33 AM   #244
Pro

GrayDawg's Arena

OVR: 0

Agree with posts on the soundtrack. It is terrible. There are a few good songs but it needs a lot of work. To not have any rock songs blows my mind.
For me they need to fix the QB statue issue, tighten coverage, and fix playbook gameplans for each team, or give me the ability to change team playbooks to custom playbooks for cpu in CFM schemes. Remember the more you play the game, the more you appreciate the little things they have done to this game.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-25-2017, 10:17 AM   #245
Rookie

josef's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoops737

So I'm playing Saints (me) vs Browns and its a 3rd down. So I come out in a Nickel set to combat their 3WR and TE, the play is a cover 1 with a LB blitzing. The safety has the tight end in this situation and I manually switch my LB to play man in order to double team their TE Njoku because they've been throwing to him all game. Hell I even spotlight the guy pre-snap and set my team to look for a pass.

Low and behold he makes one cut up field and is WIDE FRICKING OPEN and they throw it to him for a first down on 3rd and 16.

Like seriously? What else can I do besides call the perfect coverage and exactly predict what they're going to do? The LB and safety weren't even close to the play

This has happened multiple times like this and is not an isolated incident. I could understand if it's double coverage and there's a great throw/catch made like in real life but for my nearest guy to be 5 yards behind the WR with safety help over the top because of the spotlight is just ridiculous and needs to be addressed

<\end rant>
Maybe the Saints defense is just terrible, ya know, like in real life? Just a thought (as a Saints fan).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2017, 10:34 AM   #246
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by josef
Maybe the Saints defense is just terrible, ya know, like in real life? Just a thought (as a Saints fan).
This has crossed my mind, however, the Browns offense and Cody Kessler are equally as terrible so it balances out and should have been defended.

Ya dig?
Old 08-25-2017, 10:43 AM   #247
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:

<\end rant>

Is there a way to gameplan against certain players this year? If so, maybe that has something to with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-25-2017, 10:57 AM   #248
Rookie

josef's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
This has crossed my mind, however, the Browns offense and Cody Kessler are equally as terrible so it balances out and should have been defended.

Ya dig?
Yeah. Good point. And I'm thinking the Saints should be a little better on Defense this year..

Anyways what difficulty are you playing on? I haven't played enough with them yet to see things like that. I'm playing on All-Pro and got Lit Up by Lamar Miller last night with the Saints Defense. Lol. It was kinda fun to watch actually.. to actually see a good RB look like a good RB.. I'm enjoying the game so far.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »