Home

Madden NFL 18 Retail Impressions

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 18 Retail Impressions within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 08-25-2017, 10:01 PM   #289
BRING BACK F2000 HELMET!!

l8knight1's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Madden NFL 18 Retail Impressions

Has anyone seen wobbly passes yet? All I am seeing are perfect spirals for every throw.
Old 08-25-2017, 10:14 PM   #290
It's about that time

greenegt's Arena

OVR: 16

Booted it up and played as the Bucs hosting the Falcons. My thoughts:

-The lighting is fantastic and progresses significantly throughout the game (YES!).

-This is my first year playing with the zoom cam on offense and I really like it. It makes me feel more like the QB.

-The zone issues did not hinder the CPU, as I threw 4 INTS with Jameis, including 2 pick 6's.

-Movement feels nice and responsive.

-The running game is great. Love the way the holes open up.

-Noticed the stuttering during the pre-game intros. I'm sure that'll get cleaned up.

-I jumped straight in to play now, so I did not learn how to use the coaching adjustments or ID'ing the Mike. I'm looking forward to trying those out.

So far, so good. I had fun playing and will enjoy playing in an online CFM with other OS'ers. Another solid year for Madden.

PSN: OGMeanGreene

Twitter: @greenegt
Old 08-25-2017, 10:17 PM   #291
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

Played some CFM games on all pro. 9 minute quarters no run off. Basically using josh's sliders. Good news is I'm actually having close games. Something I couldn't say with 17. The Bad news is every game is in the 40s or 50s.i can't stop the CPU qb for anything. I try blitzing, zone, man. Nothing seems to work. And they can't stop Brady for anything. Literally throwing for 500 plus yards.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2017, 10:34 PM   #292
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenegt
Booted it up and played as the Bucs hosting the Falcons. My thoughts:

-The lighting is fantastic and progresses significantly throughout the game (YES!).

-This is my first year playing with the zoom cam on offense and I really like it. It makes me feel more like the QB.

-The zone issues did not hinder the CPU, as I threw 4 INTS with Jameis, including 2 pick 6's.

-Movement feels nice and responsive.

-The running game is great. Love the way the holes open up.

-Noticed the stuttering during the pre-game intros. I'm sure that'll get cleaned up.

-I jumped straight in to play now, so I did not learn how to use the coaching adjustments or ID'ing the Mike. I'm looking forward to trying those out.

So far, so good. I had fun playing and will enjoy playing in an online CFM with other OS'ers. Another solid year for Madden.
I am now noticing stuttering during presentation replays during games. All of a sudden too. Going to reboot my PS4 Pro and see if that might be it.
NBA 2K22

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 08-25-2017, 10:51 PM   #293
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
Played some CFM games on all pro. 9 minute quarters no run off. Basically using josh's sliders. Good news is I'm actually having close games. Something I couldn't say with 17. The Bad news is every game is in the 40s or 50s.i can't stop the CPU qb for anything. I try blitzing, zone, man. Nothing seems to work. And they can't stop Brady for anything. Literally throwing for 500 plus yards.
Lower the cpu qb slider. I got mine on 25

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 08-25-2017, 11:54 PM   #294
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Wow, what a beautiful looking game. And had fun with few games i've played so far. But imo, no question, the passing game is far too easy due to the poor coverage. Myself...i'm going to wait till after the coming patch to start my franchise. If/when the defense is tighten up, i believe i'll have a great time with 18.
Old 08-26-2017, 12:50 AM   #295
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Just had to add a game impression. I'm still on ea access. But, I simmed a few games to get to real Falcons vs pats regular season game. It ended up closer than it should have. But, I annihilated Brady!! Lol. 11 sacks. He fumbled once which was returned for a TD. There was an INT for a TD. I was up 42-14 at the half playing 15 min with 16s acc clock.

And, like clockwork, the comeback code kicks in. Lol. And, honestly, I don't fully believe in comeback code, but wow. I couldn't do anything offensively, and they worked their way down the field and actually kept running the ball for 5-10 yards a pop which was really annoying as I started looking for it. But, anyways, they tried to comeback, but couldn't get it done.

I won 52-35. The first half was really the ridiculous score fest. It's a primetime game, so u get the wonky stuff. A few more turnovers. A few big plays at the end of the half. I think we scored 21-28 points combined in the final 2 mins of 1st half. But, as a Falcons fan, not just the win that felt good, the 11 sacks had me pumped! Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2017, 04:30 AM   #296
Rookie

Nick_Mc's Arena

I was premature in complaining about the defense. After getting destroyed in my first two CFM games in whcih I simply could not stop their offense I ended putting it down to Pro for a game in which I found pretty quickly was too easy, the next two CFM games back on All-Pro have been much better than me with two comfortable wins. The two teams who destroyed me (Saints and the Steelers) seem to be two of the better teams in the league so perhaps tat was the issue. Still missing a lot of tackles though

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »