Home

Madden NFL 18 Retail Impressions

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 18 Retail Impressions within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 08-26-2017, 09:29 AM   #297
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Madden NFL 18 Retail Impressions

I played a lot of 17 over the last few weeks so that game is fresh in my mind...

Color me impressed with 18. My wife is out of a town so I had a buddy come over after work and we played 7-8 straight hours of head to head. Visually, it's a bigger improvement than I expected. The lighting, the textures on everything, the uniforms - it's a nice step up from last year. Throwbacks look a million times better.

Frostbite is also more noticeable than I expected. The running game is by far the best it's ever been. Controlling DTs is very different from controlling an LB. One of my first plays against the run I used my DT to discard the guard and thought I had a clear line to the RB for a TFL. I quickly learned of the momentum and weight of Frostbite, took a slightly off-line angle to the RB with the LS and couldn't adjust in time in the RB flew right past me.

Zones are fine for HUM vs HUM, they aren't perfect but we were throwing a lot of interceptions against it and defenders were reacting quickly. Plenty of inaccurate passes as well in some games, other times poor QBs got in the zone and were slingin' it. The new playbooks are very nice.

Of course, I haven't played the CPU nor ventured into CFM so I haven't witnessed any of the warts there yet. But my first impressions are pretty positive, it's more than Madden 17.5 IMO.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 08-26-2017, 10:07 AM   #298
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by l8knight1
Has anyone seen wobbly passes yet? All I am seeing are perfect spirals for every throw.
I saw Goff throw a few wobbly ones. Granted they were right on target but still wobbly. QBs like Brees however I haven seen any
Old 08-26-2017, 10:15 AM   #299
BRING BACK F2000 HELMET!!

l8knight1's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoops737
I saw Goff throw a few wobbly ones. Granted they were right on target but still wobbly. QBs like Brees however I haven seen any
Thanks! That's what I was hoping to hear.
Old 08-26-2017, 10:21 AM   #300
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23

Played one game on All-Madden sim last night with slider changes. 13 minute quarters with 14 second runoff.

Ended up winning 25-18. Zone D still needs some work.

https://youtu.be/ySlOAkRvQug

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk
Old 08-26-2017, 11:03 AM   #301
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

I never thought I would say this And I know I am the minority, but I think arcade mode is more enjoyable and then simulation, I'm really having a good time playing on arcade , can I do a franchise in arcade?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2017, 11:31 AM   #302
MVP

CarryTheWeight's Arena

OVR: 30

Small observation, but the commentary is really enjoyable this year and the best it's ever been. I hope they keep using these guys for as long as possible.

Not to mention there's so much content there. Got a (audio-only) score update on the Browns preseason game from Brandon, who announced that "Cody Kessler scored the go-ahead touchdown". Impressive stuff that really rivals FIFA. I just hope the rest of the Franchise presentation follows suit.
Old 08-26-2017, 12:25 PM   #303
MVP

pmurray20's Arena

OVR: 9

Online CFM a guy said he was gona throw verts every play to see if EA fixed it like they said. he was using a 72 overall Dobbs at QB threw for over 500 yards and 8 td and only one int. so verts are money on all madden simulation. Crossing routes, verts, inside zone, and strong I move the fb in motion then pitch it, are all money plays from last year that still work majority of the time.

Weird commentary glitch every game i win that's close the commentary says when time expires "And We are heading to overtime"... when i won the game

Even though all assists are turned off and visual feedback turned off for me and the entire league. Every game RB's are doing auto moves and the button feedback will not go away.

I love the missed XP's in the game bc i almost lost a game bc of it lol

Commish needs more power over the league than just sim or kick or autopilot.
Old 08-26-2017, 12:26 PM   #304
MVP

pmurray20's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarryTheWeight
Small observation, but the commentary is really enjoyable this year and the best it's ever been. I hope they keep using these guys for as long as possible.

Not to mention there's so much content there. Got a (audio-only) score update on the Browns preseason game from Brandon, who announced that "Cody Kessler scored the go-ahead touchdown". Impressive stuff that really rivals FIFA. I just hope the rest of the Franchise presentation follows suit.
Funny u say that about the browns game bc they said that in my week one game when the browns score popped up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »