Home

Madden NFL 18 Retail Impressions

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 18 Retail Impressions within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2017, 12:32 PM   #305
Pro

slowdifference's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Madden NFL 18 Retail Impressions

So after playing about 10 games online H2H, I'll wait for when the game is free in Feb/March. The game still plays so unrealistic to me. Superman tackles, brain dead AI one play. Next play the AI is Einstein. I play out my last 3 hours of my EA access trail and wait for the game to be free
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2017, 12:38 PM   #306
MVP

UtahUtes32's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
Lower the cpu qb slider. I got mine on 25

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I have mine @10..may be too low. Because Cpu is getting like 50-55%
Old 08-26-2017, 01:01 PM   #307
Rookie

OVR: 0

Injuries are insane in CFM. I simmed through the preseason with a few minor bumps, but my week one game against the Colts was a catastrophe for injuries. I lost Goff, Gurley, and Tavon Austin in the span of one game. The first sack on Goff caused a shoulder tear.

I get that injuries happen, I really do. But in six entire seasons in Madden 17 I was unable to complete a single one without Goff or Gurley going down for at least half of a season. All this despite upgrading their injury ratings to 99 as the seasons rolled on.

It's hilarious that one game into my Madden 18 CFM and nothing has changed.

Other than that it looks great and plays great, but for the love of all that is holy I just want Goff to complete one season at some point.

Last edited by nightRAMcometh; 08-26-2017 at 01:02 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 08-26-2017, 01:15 PM   #308
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightRAMcometh
Injuries are insane in CFM. I simmed through the preseason with a few minor bumps, but my week one game against the Colts was a catastrophe for injuries. I lost Goff, Gurley, and Tavon Austin in the span of one game. The first sack on Goff caused a shoulder tear.

I get that injuries happen, I really do. But in six entire seasons in Madden 17 I was unable to complete a single one without Goff or Gurley going down for at least half of a season. All this despite upgrading their injury ratings to 99 as the seasons rolled on.

Other than that it looks great and plays great, but for the love of all that is holy I just want Goff to complete one season at some point.
You need to lower the injury slider in CFM. I have mine at 35 per JoshC's.

The game was tuned for 6 minute quarters, at least for injuries.
Old 08-26-2017, 01:18 PM   #309
Gatekeeper

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Madden NFL 18 Retail Impressions

Quote:

People bitch about realistic injury numbers, get them, and then bitch there are too many. Goes to show how few people want realism when they get realism.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-26-2017, 01:27 PM   #310
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
People bitch about realistic injury numbers, get them, and then bitch there are too many. Goes to show how few people want realism when they get realism.

This is why we can't get the right stuff patched. People complain about stuff they should leave alone
Old 08-26-2017, 01:35 PM   #311
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83

You're missing my point entirely. When you invest the time, playing complete, 10 minute quarter games, for six entire season, and I couldn't complete ONE of them without losing my starting QB for an extended period of time. All of this after I had Goffs Injury upgraded to 99 and toughness to 96. At those rating he should be a literal iron man on the field.

What's the point of having the rating if a 99 means nothing?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2017, 01:46 PM   #312
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
You're missing my point entirely. When you invest the time, playing complete, 10 minute quarter games, for six entire season, and I couldn't complete ONE of them without losing my starting QB for an extended period of time. All of this after I had Goffs Injury upgraded to 99 and toughness to 96. At those rating he should be a literal iron man on the field.

What's the point of having the rating if a 99 means nothing?
Again, lower the injury slider in CFM, the injury slider was tuned for 6 minute quarters, almost double the amount of time you are playing.

I'm playing 9 minute qtrs in CFM and the only injury I had was a bruise and the player was ready to come back right away.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »