Home

Madden NFL 18 Retail Impressions

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 18 Retail Impressions within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2017, 01:54 PM   #313
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Madden NFL 18 Retail Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightRAMcometh
You're missing my point entirely. When you invest the time, playing complete, 10 minute quarter games, for six entire season, and I couldn't complete ONE of them without losing my starting QB for an extended period of time. All of this after I had Goffs Injury upgraded to 99 and toughness to 96. At those rating he should be a literal iron man on the field.

What's the point of having the rating if a 99 means nothing?
Why wouldn't you just lower the injury slider?

I adjusted mine to compensate for quarter length. Works fine.
Old 08-26-2017, 01:58 PM   #314
MVP

OVR: 8

Finished long shot. I was disappointed. After playing Fifa's long shot mode, Maddens was very shallow. I personally thought the premiss was weird and way too farfetched. I was suspecting to follow Devin through college and have a college experience. It wasn't that at all.

Also, I remember Rex saying to the CFM community to play long shot to see if we would like anything implemented into CFM. Im not sure what mechanic/aspect would even improve the mode.

I'm very high on Madden 18. But long shot is something EA could have easily delivered on. Honestly if they just followed was fifa did, the mode would have been miles ahead of where it is now.

Last edited by johnnyg713; 08-26-2017 at 02:02 PM.
Old 08-26-2017, 02:53 PM   #315
MVP

RogerDodger's Arena

OVR: 0

I downloaded the Xbox One EA Access game and then bought it for PS4. I don't think the PS4 graphics are as good and I say that as somebody who owns both consoles so I'm not arguing one is superior to the other but that I've noticed a difference. Maybe it's just my eyes. I'm not using a 4K tv if that makes any difference.

Also seeing warping - the opposing QB fumbled the ball and it warped straight into his hands, in fact through his hand so that you had the stupid situation of the ball going straight through the QB's arm.

Last edited by RogerDodger; 08-26-2017 at 02:56 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2017, 03:15 PM   #316
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

I'm a bit surprised RodgerDodger, I thought you would definitely be in the no camp.

I'm curious as to what game change feature(s) changed your mind completely.

I'll be interested to find out what your pros and cons are.
Old 08-26-2017, 03:27 PM   #317
MVP

RogerDodger's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I'm a bit surprised RodgerDodger, I thought you would definitely be in the no camp.

I'm curious as to what game change feature(s) changed your mind completely.

I'll be interested to find out what your pros and cons are.
Surprised? No camp? Help me out haha...
Old 08-26-2017, 03:42 PM   #318
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
You need to lower the injury slider in CFM. I have mine at 35 per JoshC's.

The game was tuned for 6 minute quarters, at least for injuries.
I will give that a shot. I had no idea the game was tuned for shorter quarters in a way that effects injuries.

It's a double edged sword for me at least. I do enjoy the realism of having to build depth because of the higher risk of injuries, but I could do without the same players getting injured over and over.

Edit: I am noticing some pretty significant frame rate dips whenever I'm snapping the ball near the end zone. I'm playing on the standard PS4

Last edited by nightRAMcometh; 08-26-2017 at 03:44 PM. Reason: Adding on
Old 08-26-2017, 03:55 PM   #319
MVP

Klocker's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
I never thought I would say this And I know I am the minority, but I think arcade mode is more enjoyable and then simulation, I'm really having a good time playing on arcade , can I do a franchise in arcade?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Yes you can play it in CFM
It really is a great mode for people to just chill and have fun without being crucified for your mistakes. great way to get used to the game or just to have fun.

You can switch between modes at any time before a game depending on your mood in franchise or any mode.

It is not Blitz. It is Madden just with less sacks, turnovers and drops.
Old 08-26-2017, 04:10 PM   #320
Rookie

fjackson18's Arena

OVR: 4

after using my EA access time. my son wanted this game so i got it so we could at least game share it. after a few games there are a few positives and negatives some that can be adjusted with sliders. i love the look. the lighting and shadows. especially for indoor stadiums with windows. I play offline CFM although not much was added to it the single cut day is the main reason i have no problem playing 18 if this happens to be the last one i decide to purchase (if they choose to not make significant changes in 19).

but there are a ton of suspect things going on. My issues are the things done to make it difficult i guess is what i am trying to say. whats the point of having me try to disengaged from a blocker by prompting me to press a button and then not even let me disengage when i do it correctly? all the while no one else on my team is making any effort to disengage. there have been many runs by the CPU that it looks like my team is running to the sidelines until the RB gets to the safeties and they don't see the RB until 7-8 yards later and then try to make a play. but everytime i run the ball they have one guy shedding a block before i even hand the ball off, and then another once i do make the handoff.

something i am sure sliders will help. but its very obvious whats going on. i cant help but think it is intentional.

Overall i like the look, at some points it looks real. not enough additions to CFM. anytime i play that basketball game i shake my head at the idea we COULD have a football game this deep in a franchise mode but we some how don't. The game just plays weirdly and jerky at times.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »