Home

Madden NFL 18 Retail Impressions

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 18 Retail Impressions within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2017, 12:15 AM   #361
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Madden NFL 18 Retail Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts
Deuce, I don't have Madden (yet). What are Prescott's traits and what are his ratings that would matter. Also, what sliders and such are you using?

Edit: This is in reply to your post with the two gifs on Das scrambling.
Here's Dak's traits and ratings:

Spoiler

Here's what I'm currently using for sliders:

Spoiler

Just played another game on these and it was really fun up until the end. I gave up a TD down the seam because both of my safety's were basically clueless to what was happening. That made it 24-9 and I was driving down the field and got it inside the 10 and on 3rd and 1 I run a stretch to the left, cut it inside, pick up the first and then get hitstick'd and fumble which was returned for a TD and that really killed my vibe on the game. Classic All-Madden stuff.

Despite that it was a fun game though. Defense played good outside of a few plays and offense was tough. Watt was a factor even when not making plays. I held their running game in check and they only ended up with like 2 YPC but their passing was pretty effective and made some big plays but I did force a bunch of punts and made plenty of stops. Savage only had a 61.1% completion percentage which is nice to see and I used Coach Adjustments to set my DB's to Swat and had a few really nice plays by defenders.

CPU clock management continues to be pretty mind boggling though. It's almost like if you've got timeouts left they have no clue how to handle the clock down the stretch and will do everything they can to throw the game away.

Also had Savage scramble on back-to-back plays again which was interesting. I've had four scrambles in my last two games after seeing two total in my first like 30 so that's interesting. I don't think I've found anything, just a coincidence but it's been good to finally see it actually happening though. Haven't seen much statue in either of the last two games either which is really nice.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2017, 12:35 AM   #362
Rookie

OVR: 0

I like the game, but the defense in this game...I'm not even sure what is going on with it. I played against my friend as I had the Raiders and he had the Giants. We played 10 min quarters, All Pro and he had almost 700 yards passing. He threw a long bomb to Odell and my safety just stood there and watched him, and many other times the players on defense didn't seem interested in covering their man. I tried man, zone...he kept throwing to Ingram and I spotlighted him and this guy was catching passes all over the place.
Old 08-28-2017, 04:08 AM   #363
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

I kinda suck so far.

It is not unusual to take time to get my Madden legs back but damn, 1-2 in my CFM playing on all pro lol. In the past I get bored with the game because I can go to the SB every year on AM with my Ravens.
I actually hope its not just rust and I can stay at AP, because I do think it gives me funner gameplay.

Anyway, yet another issue on defense, how dreadful defenders react to scrambling QBs. They literally wait until the QB passes the LOS before reacting to him. I've gotten multiple 20+ yard scrambles with Flacco because they don't recognize that Joe is taking off. Same thing on the other side, my dudes don't react either. If AI QBs scrambled intelligently it would be nigh impossible to stop them.
Old 08-28-2017, 08:47 AM   #364
Rookie

Sucram7777's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
Input my Madden 17 CFM sliders and played a great game against the Cowboys. Lost 27-23 but it honestly felt great and better than everything I've been playing on All-Pro recently. It's crazy to me that user defense actually seems significantly better on All-Madden than All-Pro.

I very well should have won but wasted and choked away my opportunities which has been a common theme for me on All-Madden. Zeke was good but nothing out of control, finished with 168 yards on 32 carries. My running game was good for All-Madden as well and I had 97 yards with Ware. I only got two sacks on Dak, one was a great blitz and the other was on quick pressure. Didn't see the statue AND he actually scrambled twice!

Second one I would have liked to see him slide but you can't win them all and it was good to see none the less. Games like this make me want to never put the game down but they've been very few and far between for me thus far.

WOW....Dak paid dearly for that 2nd breakaway.
Old 08-28-2017, 09:22 AM   #365
Rookie

fripperiffic's Arena

OVR: 1

In my first game on all pro with default sliders, I racked up 9 sacks against Aaron Rodgers (playing as Seahawks) While its happened before, it was mostly a result of him NEVER scrambling/throwing ball away. It felt cheap. Then I played a re do of the game after I beat them by 2 scores, and I only got a few sacks, and Rodgers was unstoppable, throwing 6 TD's, even after I shifted to more of a prevent defense. It wasn't like he was hitting slants and dump offs to negate my prevent, he was completing downfield bomb after downfield bomb. The D needs A LOT of work in upcoming patches.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2017, 09:38 AM   #366
MVP

mjavon's Arena

Sim stats seem improved. In '17, if a running back was below a 78-79 or so, he was pretty much guaranteed to have < 3.5 ypg no matter how good the O-line was... if CPU teams were buried with injuries their third stringers would often average less than 3 yards per carry. Looks a lot better now.

I love that off-ball injuries are in the game now - one critique of that system that I have though is you get the 'injury timeout' banner triggering, but the commentators don't say anything about the injury and it doesn't even show you who was injured on the play. Hopefully that is something that they are able to patch in.
Old 08-28-2017, 09:44 AM   #367
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by fripperiffic
In my first game on all pro with default sliders, I racked up 9 sacks against Aaron Rodgers (playing as Seahawks) While its happened before, it was mostly a result of him NEVER scrambling/throwing ball away. It felt cheap. Then I played a re do of the game after I beat them by 2 scores, and I only got a few sacks, and Rodgers was unstoppable, throwing 6 TD's, even after I shifted to more of a prevent defense. It wasn't like he was hitting slants and dump offs to negate my prevent, he was completing downfield bomb after downfield bomb. The D needs A LOT of work in upcoming patches.
A fix for the sack issue:

JoshC1977's Madden 18 Sliders (for CFM only)
Old 08-28-2017, 10:17 AM   #368
Rookie

Same game as the last 4 years with minor improvements

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »