Home

Madden NFL 18 Retail Impressions

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 18 Retail Impressions within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2017, 06:08 PM   #377
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden NFL 18 Retail Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
Played the Lions last night and won 23-20 in a really fun game. I was down by 10 points twice and battled back to win on a last second FG. One thing I really liked was that Stafford was 17-34 passing and he was really errant. It's good to know that's at least possible on All-Madden. I've got their QB Accuracy at 17 so knowing that I could actually stand to bump that up is really nice. All-Madden feels so much better than M17.

Defense is still pretty awful though so I'm looking forward to the first patch big time. Little worried about how the pass rush increase is going to affect AI QB's as I've only had one game out of over 30 where I didn't have multiple sacks.

Using the pass rush adjustment keeps giving me a bug where the "perfect" timing indicator when you're rushing is popping up when I switch players and at times like when my returner catches the ball or QB hands to the running back. Kind of annoying and weird.
Had the same perfect highlight show up as well. Never put it together it was from changing pass rush on the coaching adjusments. Makes sense though because that's one do the few things I have changed.
Old 08-28-2017, 06:37 PM   #378
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

I noticed the IR issue when I played a game vs the Bengals and the punter was starting at QB.

It wasn't the only depth chart oddity either. They playing with a 44 man roster and had eight season ending injuries just hanging out on the active roster, and one that should have been IR'ed at that point in the season.
Old 08-28-2017, 06:58 PM   #379

ChicagoChris's Arena

OVR: 11

Agree with most of the impressions thus far. My big issues are statue QB and the zones.

IMO, M18 is a good game in desperate need of a patch(s). M17 was supported nicely last year and i know that'll be the case for M18. Gotta to be patient.
Old 08-28-2017, 07:17 PM   #380
Stop the Nonsense

fsufan4423's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoChris
Agree with most of the impressions thus far. My big issues are statue QB and the zones.

IMO, M18 is a good game in desperate need of a patch(s). M17 was supported nicely last year and i know that'll be the case for M18. Gotta to be patient.
It amazes me how games today get released in this condition. Basically unplayable at times. It seems like patches are like reveal videos, they have customers sitting around waiting on information about the next patch.

Then people get all excited and start throwing out pats on the back for issues that get corrected that shouldn't exist anyway. I just hope this doesn't turn out to be one of those times were it takes three or four releases before everything just works on this engine.

3 national championships 3 Heisman Trophy winners 16 ACC Championships 14 straight AP top fives

2014 BCS National Champions

Last edited by fsufan4423; 09-03-2017 at 12:13 PM.
Old 08-28-2017, 07:22 PM   #381
Rookie

OVR: 0

Have played 3 games online, a full game 15 min franchise game & commentary has got to get better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2017, 08:16 PM   #382
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Just simmed a season and looked at the numbers and they're pretty much identical to last year. Scoring is WAY too high in simmed games. The league average for PPG was 26.4 and the highest in the last 10 years of the real NFL was 23.4 in 2013. That's a huge difference.

Rushing TD's are still absurdly high as well. The highest number of rushing TD's league wide over the last ten years was 476 in 2006 and in my sim there were 719 rushing TD's. That almost doubles every year's output over the last 10 years. Just looking at the rushing TD leaders and you see a lot of really odd numbers:

Perine with a long of 6 and 15 TD's on 152 carries? Peterson with a long of 12? 18 touchdowns for Sproles?

The almost universal per carry average is around 4.1-4.3 and in the season I simmed it was at 3.7.

I simmed to the end of my other CFM that I made trades in to look at sacks and in that one Brandon Graham tied the sack record at 22.5 and in this one Melvin Ingram also tied it.

Pretty much all of the same issues that I saw with Madden 17's simmed stats appear to still be present with 18. Scoring is way too high and there's way too many plays per game. YPC is way too low. Rushing TD's are absurdly high. And you're likely to see the sack record either tied or broken pretty much every year.
Old 08-28-2017, 08:23 PM   #383
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23

Doesn't make any sense to me that the Play Now Live games are locked behind the paid online subscription service for XB1. Don't know if it's the same for Playstation.

The play live rosters/matchups feature was free in the Show and 2k on PS4.

Now Playing:

XB1 (Forza Motorsport 6 and Horizon 2)
Switch (Mario Kart and Zelda)
PS3 (old 2k games and the Show)
Old 08-28-2017, 08:34 PM   #384
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkcil
Doesn't make any sense to me that the Play Now Live games are locked behind the paid online subscription service for XB1. Don't know if it's the same for Playstation.

The play live rosters/matchups feature was free in the Show and 2k on PS4.
You have to pay on PS4 too

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »