Madden NFL 18 Retail Impressions - Page 5 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Madden NFL 18 Retail Impressions

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 18 Retail Impressions within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football

Old 08-22-2017, 08:31 AM   #33
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Madden NFL 18 Retail Impressions

1 game. Play Now. All-Pro. 14 min. qtrs. 16 accel clock. Me Falcons, cpu Rams.

Goff scrambled first play. Picked up 3 yards. No other scrambles for positive yards but moved in the pocket. No statue sacks but should have thrown the ball away a couple of times.

Cpu had 3 inaccurate throws (1 picked). 2 drops. One hit separating ball from receiver. Everything else completed. 18 for 23. Mostly pretty wide open underneath. Zones too loose. Even on 3rd and 8 with "play the sticks" safeties are dropping 15 to 20 yards.

I had a couple of inaccurate throws. Threw one pick when I hit the wrong button. Again, coverage a little loose although seemed better than my defense.

Cpu mixed up play calls. Ran some draws on 3rd down. Didn't go crazy with 4 verts (Although there weren't very many 3rd and long situations).

Cpu bad clock management to end the first half. Had time outs, in field goal range, and let the clock run out.

I gave up 2 long TDs. One my corner got toasted in man defense (beat right away, burned by 10 plus yards). The other Tavon Austin shook like 3 of my defenders for a big run after catch.

Run game was fine. I'm not the best so it wasn't super easy for me. The cpu had a couple of nice runs in the first half. Shut them down in the second.

Freeman fumbled 3 times. Recovered 1. I wasn't doing special moves or anything. Covered the ball. Maybe the cpu was on aggressive. I went conservative once I got the lead and was running clock.

No injuries.

Games looks beautiful.

Biggest complaint is the zones the and lack of recognition/aggressiveness within them.
Old 08-22-2017, 08:38 AM   #34
MVP

OVR: 12

Was there a day 0 patch? I was prompted to update the roster but saw no other updates.
Old 08-22-2017, 08:40 AM   #35
Rookie

Pixx4Sixx's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootzilla
Was there a day 0 patch? I was prompted to update the roster but saw no other updates.
Haven't seen an update yet or patch. I have GOAT edition and played most of last night. Hoping it comes up today so I can start CFM.
Old 08-22-2017, 08:41 AM   #36
Rookie

permanent1's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultralow36
if you think the ps4 pro in 4k and the xbox one looks the same then I'm happy for you

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
Where in the world are you getting that i think they look the same? I never said that at all, all i said was that it was not a jaggy mess on mine.
Old 08-22-2017, 08:43 AM   #37
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by permanent1
Where in the world are you getting that i think they look the same? I never said that at all, all i said was that it was not a jaggy mess on mine.
my bad bro enjoy your game. . what tv you playing on trying to find good setting for a samsung ks8000 65in..

Old 08-22-2017, 08:57 AM   #38
MVP

kt-od's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootzilla
Yes. There was a day 0 patch. It was prompted as soon as my disc started installing. If you went digital, it would DL automatically without a prompt I believe.
Old 08-22-2017, 09:01 AM   #39
Full-Time Official

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

This current team of devs has been the best thing that ever happened to the Madden series. I enjoyed 17 and played it for most of the year, but this feels like the first real next gen football game of this cycle.

The thing I love the most right now is just how good moving around the field feels. Guys run with purpose and the game speed is phenomenal out of the box. The cuts and jukes are great. Quarterbacks are able to move around the pocket better -- no stutter steps where they're stuck in mud. Excellent stuff.

Can we talk about the tackling? How awesome does it feel to wrap up a guy this year? I'm seeing players get brought down in a variety of ways. It looks great and feels punishing when you get leveled by someone.

Players not reacting like morons on fumbles anymore is very much appreciated. They scoop it and go. I also appreciate receivers being able to cut back inside on those sideline grabs where they would normally run out of bounds.

The graphics are very well done this year. I was especially impressed by the lighting when I played at Lucas Oil.

I've played four games so far. I'm not a big CPU guy, but I ran one on All Pro. I was the Rams vs. Cowboys, and I ended up winning 31-14. Only a one game sample size, but they didn't put up much of a fight in that one..

I played two randoms in Play Now Online matches and ended up going 1-1. I didn't really see anything that jumped out to me as problematic. Two tough games. My offense and defense both performed well in both of them.

I finally played a 3-on-3 MUT game w/ a couple of my league members, and it was awesome. Our collective team is pretty ****ty right now, but we worked well together. I'm glad they brought that back, I see myself playing that a lot.

Just some random thoughts from my short time with the game.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Last edited by Pappy Knuckles; 08-22-2017 at 09:08 AM.
Old 08-22-2017, 09:02 AM   #40
Rookie

permanent1's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultralow36
my bad bro enjoy your game. . what tv you playing on trying to find good setting for a samsung ks8000 65in..

No worrys i know the game looks better on the ps4 pro, but as for what tv i own LG OLED65E6P.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »