Home

Madden NFL 18 Retail Impressions

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 18 Retail Impressions within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 08-31-2017, 09:46 AM   #417
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Madden NFL 18 Retail Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chef
I'm pretty harsh at times when it comes to EA and Madden but this idea that they shouldn't offer packs in MUT because people are too weak to not purchase them is a little ridiculous. In the end they can't "bleed you dry" if you simply don't buy any packs in the first place.
Thanks for the comments , its just my opinion that there are too many packs getting offered go look at the store , GOAT upgrade after we bought the goat edition then an update on the goat update , and buy packs after every level upgrade its just my opinion that's all , I didn't mean don't buy any packs just too many being offered ..... enjoy the game .... lol
Old 08-31-2017, 10:31 AM   #418
Banned

Manning2Harrison's Arena

OVR: 11

Frostibite = lipstick on a pig
Old 08-31-2017, 10:57 AM   #419
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0

I'm starting to wonder, I LOVED the responsive jukes and spins in the ea access version. I now have the retail version, and it feels more like M17, now? ☹️

Lol. I'm not sure if it's just the fact I've played a few more games now. But, in ea access, oh man, those jukes were crisp and responsive. But, now, I feel like I'm getting the slow down animations we've seen for years. Anyone else noticing this? I'm truly wondering if the ea access and earlier versions (like ea play) where people were enjoying things weren't really meant to be in the final product? Lol.

And, Falcons fans, cheer up, the MBdome is OPEN in CFM. I'm not sure if it's dependent on weather or time of year, but I just played a game and noticed the sun shining in. I thought it might just be the giant window, but I looked up and saw blue sky. So, that's cool. And, lots of lighting effects in there because of the different angles of light coming in and it was dynamic, too. As the game progressed, the shadows changed. So, that's an unexpected surprise. I thought they were going to have it closed in CFM like last year.

And, Ezekiel isn't suspended in my CFM. ☹️. Lol. And, he GASHED me for 258 yds on the ground with a ridiculous 76 yd run where he spun and juked 3-5 defenders near the LOS and took off!!! It was actually realistic, though, and I enjoyed seeing a high rated back actually use jukes and spins and beat me. They won by 4 points, I think. I threw an INT in the end zone that was returned for TD. That was the big X factor in the game. But yeah, Zeke ran all over me.

Oh, and same game. They got the ball back with a min left up by 4 and I had no timeouts. What did they do? Run, pass, knee. Lol. I think the announcers even mentioned they thought they should go for knee already. So, some poor end of game scripting, there. It totally threw me off when they passed on 2nd down out of a tight running formation. Maybe, he audibled because I had a tight run D on him or something. Lol. But, if I had known and int'd, it could've won me the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-31-2017, 12:14 PM   #420
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Jukes and spins are fantastic this year. I am pulling off and chaining some sick runs this year.

Also big backs run like big backs, and one cut runners or slashers are exactly that. The running game has never been better.

Huge strength of this years game for sure.
NBA 2K22

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 08-31-2017, 12:49 PM   #421
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
Jukes and spins are fantastic this year. I am pulling off and chaining some sick runs this year.

Also big backs run like big backs, and one cut runners or slashers are exactly that. The running game has never been better.

What difficulty?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2017, 01:04 PM   #422
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLBULLY84
What difficulty?

All-Pro

Sent from Palm Trees and Paradise using Operation Sports
NBA 2K22

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 08-31-2017, 01:14 PM   #423
Banned

Quote:
All-Pro

Sent from Palm Trees and Paradise using Operation Sports
Makes sense, It's a but more difficult on All-Madden, as it should be.
Old 08-31-2017, 01:26 PM   #424
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Quote:

Yeah, I'm telling u, it felt better, imo, in ea access. Lol. But, again, maybe I've just gotten used to the timing this year, already. It's def better than 17, but geez, it felt amazing in ea access at the time. I feel like I'm being tackled a little more frequently even though I think I have a well timed juke. But, I'm still seeing em. Just wondering if anyone else felt it 'change' since ea access.

1 thing I wish they would address are the dives. I don't care if it's precision, normal, or speed (although, ESPECIALLY for speed), these need to feel more explosive. Or, excuse me, they need to feel explosive AT ALL!! Lol. They, again, seem to always have this slowdown when the animation is triggered. And, it almost feels like u go backwards a hair and then dive. And, again, the dive just isn't explosive at all, and more often than not, u get hit/tackled while performing a dive whether from the side or from behind. And, specifically, it's the ones from behind that really get me wound up. The whole purpose of a player diving while someone is right behind them is to avoid a possible tackle and EXPLODE into the end zone or 1st down marker. I would almost accept a warp or slide if necessary. Lol. Just a small slip forward so they don't get tackled awkwardly while diving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »