Home

Madden NFL 18 Retail Impressions

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 18 Retail Impressions within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 09-04-2017, 08:05 AM   #457
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: Madden NFL 18 Retail Impressions

I didn't realize the juke animation could take hold of your defender your manually controlling and throw him into a 'miss' animation...

Wow. That's not a good look.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 09-04-2017, 10:14 AM   #458
Rookie

idigfoo9's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsofthevalley
Soooooo, is this worth the upgrade, or should I just keep playing 17 seeing that I have it set to how I like, i.e. sliders, XP, etc. Don't really feel like going through the slider routine again this year if the game isn't much of an upgrade from 17.
I think 17 plays much better, 18 looks better graphically, but not enough to warrant a purchase in my opinion. I regret trading 17 in for this.
Old 09-04-2017, 12:45 PM   #459
Rookie

OVR: 0

This may have already been mentioned somewhere but practice squad eligibility is still broken. In Madden only Rookie and 1 year exp players are eligible for the PS. In reality there are players with 2+ seasons exp that are eligible for the PS. This was broken last season also and was not fixed for 18. Disappointing.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Old 09-04-2017, 12:53 PM   #460
Pro

Sdrawkcab321's Arena

OVR: 5

This game is terrible. Same old BS. My only regret is that I bought the digital copy so i can't trade it in.
Old 09-04-2017, 03:38 PM   #461
Oh Deer!

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7

Starting to come to terms with the fact that this game will never be that full fledged sim we want it to be. I think the best way to enjoy the game is 2 ways, join an online sim league with people who will play as realistic as possible or offline just accept the game for what it is and play to that. Gonna start a CFM once the week one rosters come out and just play and not take the game to seriously anymore. I end up shelving it every year because I don't allow myself to just enjoy it for what it is. Won't do that anymore.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2017, 03:49 PM   #462
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratedmoney
Starting to come to terms with the fact that this game will never be that full fledged sim we want it to be. I think the best way to enjoy the game is 2 ways, join an online sim league with people who will play as realistic as possible or offline just accept the game for what it is and play to that. Gonna start a CFM once the week one rosters come out and just play and not take the game to seriously anymore. I end up shelving it every year because I don't allow myself to just enjoy it for what it is. Won't do that anymore.
I am the same. Decent enough to give me a football fix. When will opening day rosters be out?
Old 09-04-2017, 04:14 PM   #463
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

I don't need Madden to be some unapproachable hardcore sim football game. I just want it to maintain the things it does well (and not have them disappear in a given year), and build and refine what they have in place. It's a really uneven title year to year, and progress never quite feels like it doesn't come with a price elsewhere in the game. For example, new engine and graphics, but neglect for Franchise mode, and maybe a few steps backwards in that mode in terms of reversion bugs and lack of polish.
Old 09-04-2017, 04:32 PM   #464
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

My take and opinion is that the legacy fixes and the coaching adjustments alone make 18 much better than 17 from a game play point of view.

I'm getting sim type gameplay from the slider forum gurus including better CPU QB AI vs what the game 1st delivered.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »