Home

Madden NFL 18 Retail Impressions

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 18 Retail Impressions within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 22: 11 Features to Improve Stadium Creator
MXGP 2021 Review
Football Manager 22 Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 09-04-2017, 09:51 PM   #473
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Madden NFL 18 Retail Impressions

Just saw in the Dev tweet thread, Rex said that zone coverage and pass rush will be tuned up, "slightly". I sure hope both get a major dose of...."slightly.
Old 09-05-2017, 12:27 AM   #474
Rookie

OVR: 0

Not impressed, hitting a lot of bugs

1. Choppy in-game replay in CFM on PS4 PRO, this only happens in CFM, not play now.

2. Commentator calling my generated rookie by the wrong name, the rookie's name is Derek Boss, but the commentator call him Keith Mumphery.

3. Fumble recovery stat not being recorded.

4. Generated rookie's in game face does not match up with their portrait face.

5. Free agents disappearing after advancing to the regular season.
Old 09-05-2017, 06:32 AM   #475
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Blonde
Not much, just to change the focus on strip ball to aggressive when I'm down late. What should I be looking at though?

Also as far as pass coverage at 100, I'm pretty sure the slider set I got has cpu pc at 0 and I'm seeing those type of ints in spite of it

I recommend putting both human and CPU pass coverage back at 50 , when you start moving sliders to far it really messes up the game play. Check out Armor & Sword's slider set in the slider forums I have only played two games in my franchise so far but I like what I'm seeing. The only thing I changed on his set was I dropped hum and CPU interceptions down to 40.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2017, 11:22 AM   #476
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

I may have found a way to up my enjoyment of this game, if something just didn't seem right while playing....do not look at the replay. Some of the defensive play i saw while playing last night reminded me of Ncaa 05. No more replays for me!
Old 09-05-2017, 11:41 AM   #477
BRING BACK F2000 HELMET!!

l8knight1's Arena

OVR: 2

Are any of the zone/man issues that are widely discussed related to ratings of the secondary? I am of the belief that secondary players shouldn't be great at zone or man if they have bad ratings/awareness. Don't shish-kabob me for just asking the question. I'm not inventing excuses for poor reactions by safeties or corners losing that critical step in certain situations for no reason. I do want to see receivers open where it's warranted and vs mis-matches.
Old 09-05-2017, 12:18 PM   #478
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes1
Just saw in the Dev tweet thread, Rex said that zone coverage and pass rush will be tuned up, "slightly". I sure hope both get a major dose of...."slightly.
You do know that this particular Tune is from the feeback of Comp/Tourney guys actually tweeting them with what they are looking for.

I can't find anything from the Sim side about what they want them tune this Play Style to.

People would rather talk about what the game was like in past Maddens than come together with actionable thoughts to get the Gameplay of this setting tuned to our liking. (Not a wish list, but tuning that can actually be feasible)

On each area I'm asking is to be able to set coach adjustments for AI team as well
Old 09-05-2017, 01:28 PM   #479
10/22/21

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
You do know that this particular Tune is from the feeback of Comp/Tourney guys actually tweeting them with what they are looking for.

I can't find anything from the Sim side about what they want them tune this Play Style to.

People would rather talk about what the game was like in past Maddens than come together with actionable thoughts to get the Gameplay of this setting tuned to our liking. (Not a wish list, but tuning that can actually be feasible)

On each area I'm asking is to be able to set coach adjustments for AI team as well
Sadly, I don't think that there is going to be much consensus in the sim community, because as you say, a lot of people would rather just spend all of their energy revisiting all of the usual complaints instead of trying to shape the mode.

Anyway, I have some things that I want to mention to them, but I'm waiting to see what happens with this first update so that I don't waste my time on things that may have already been adjusted.

One thing that I will probably mention is that Defensive backs, especially CBs tackle too well on default against big backs and TEs, part of it, IMO is their Hit Stick effectiveness being too high. They can stop the forward momentum of offensive players dead in their tracks way too easily.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#[email protected]& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 09-05-2017, 02:23 PM   #480
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib

I was wondering why there was no mention from EA about this patch/tuner and the separate styles. And if it's across the board...who were they listening to. As a sim player...."slightly" tuned is hardly the word i would use to say what the coverage needs. Just my own opinion.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »