Home

Madden NFL 18 Retail Impressions

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 18 Retail Impressions within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2017, 03:23 PM   #481
Hail To The Redskins!

cjallure24's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Madden NFL 18 Retail Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
Sadly, I don't think that there is going to be much consensus in the sim community, because as you say, a lot of people would rather just spend all of their energy revisiting all of the usual complaints instead of trying to shape the mode.

Anyway, I have some things that I want to mention to them, but I'm waiting to see what happens with this first update so that I don't waste my time on things that may have already been adjusted.

One thing that I will probably mention is that Defensive backs, especially CBs tackle too well on default against big backs and TEs, part of it, IMO is their Hit Stick effectiveness being too high. They can stop the forward momentum of offensive players dead in their tracks way too easily.
The SIM community has been crying for years to the devs. We just get over looked. Ever since the days of Ian coming on this forum and conversing with us. It falls on deaf ears. The SIM community may want to look at the writing on the wall and see that Madden isn't for their style of play.

Case and point, EA completely neglected the Franchise mode this year, that should tell you how they feel. We've been crying for years for better trade logic, here it is 2017 and we're still asking for it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2017, 05:57 PM   #482
Pro

GrayDawg's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjallure24
The SIM community has been crying for years to the devs. We just get over looked. Ever since the days of Ian coming on this forum and conversing with us. It falls on deaf ears. The SIM community may want to look at the writing on the wall and see that Madden isn't for their style of play.

Case and point, EA completely neglected the Franchise mode this year, that should tell you how they feel. We've been crying for years for better trade logic, here it is 2017 and we're still asking for it.
Its partly why I am giving this game a 6.5. As I have played more games my initial impression has dropped more and more. While this game does some things well gameplay, graphic, and lighting wise its not enough to get a good score from me.
This game is really buggy and to be honest there is really no excuse for it. CFM mode needs a serious overhaul and not a little bit of this and a little bit of that we seem to get every year. Time to go all in on a.i. logic. Scouting, trades, free agency, drafting, and playbook gameplanning is weak and basic. And don't get me started on the coach system we currently have. Is it any wonder some only play online to get some kind of decent challenge in that regard. Now does that mean I will not play it? By no means but like I said, the game does some things well and can be fun except when those notorious bugs and flaws pop up. I am sure once they patch and tune things the game will be improved so likely my impression will go up slightly. But these issues overall are very glaring issues. Time for EA to double their staffing and resources and wow the whole community. People are going to buy this game no matter what and they are going make millions regardless. Imagine if this game was held to the same standards as other non sport titles. No more excuses!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 09-05-2017, 07:44 PM   #483
Banned

HennyHefner's Arena

I've tried to tinker with the sliders on all madden because all pro even with slider adjustments just seems unrealistic to me. But on all madden I've played like 10 games around 9-12 minute quarters trying to get realistic stats with different teams in each game and the secondary play is horrendous. Even with my sliders pass defense all the way up and reaction time all the way up mixing in blitzes and zone and man coverage I'm getting torched for like 400+ passing yards every game, even by teams who have garbage quarterbacks.
Old 09-05-2017, 07:48 PM   #484
Pro

GrayDawg's Arena

Yes coverage is terrible along with sacks, and QB A.I. issue. Wouldn't spend too much time evaluating this until the the patch is here.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 09-05-2017, 08:08 PM   #485
Rookie

Madden NFL 18 Retail Impressions

Someone wise told me it's not the developers, but the publishers. Rex and Co. seem like decent guys but since EA is hellbent on swiping $60 (or $80 in my case), they can't make a proper football game. I wouldn't be surprised if Madden's sales gradually start dipping because of it.

Also, do the devs actually use this website for feedback? If they did, I think they'd get some good feedback.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by BigSexy; 09-05-2017 at 08:14 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2017, 09:05 PM   #486
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Again in the Dev thread....Rex seems to have implied that the patch will drop next week. Woohoo!!
Old 09-05-2017, 11:14 PM   #487
MVP

OVR: 19

Just Tweeted Clint these questions to solicit his response and at least get some Sim Tuning dialog started.
Attached Images
File Type: png IMG_1167.PNG (297.6 KB, 193 views)
Old 09-06-2017, 12:34 AM   #488
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Finally played a game tonight that made me smile. Lost to the Jets 16-10 All-pro default, 10 min qrts. But i did have all penalty's at 55. I didn't notice even one truly dopey play defensively by User/cpu. How great it was to see the game for whatever reason, to have played so well. Gives me hope for what this years game be. Hopefully post patch, this will be the norm.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »