Home

Madden NFL 18 Retail Impressions

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 18 Retail Impressions within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 09-06-2017, 11:17 PM   #505
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 18 Retail Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
John White told everyone the game was tested on 6 minutes at launch.
You can tell and that is part of the problem.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2017, 11:32 PM   #506
MVP

OVR: 6

Yeah this game is tuned for 6 mins 20 sec runoff. Rex has stated this numerous times. It's evident that the developers think this is what simulation means and that no one in their right mind would play 15 min qtrs like real football. Makes me sick.
Old 09-07-2017, 01:05 AM   #507
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

I wonder just how much heat 18 is getting outside of,OS. And across all the different styles of Madden gamers.
Old 09-07-2017, 04:17 AM   #508
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes1
I wonder just how much heat 18 is getting outside of,OS. And across all the different styles of Madden gamers.
I am praying it's a lot of heat, so they'll finally step up.
But, with the number of casual players and those that bought it for the Longshot game, I don't think it'll hurt their sales.
And as long as sales don't drop drastically, all the complaining in the world will not change a thing...it's been proven over and over.
This was the year for gamers to make a statement by not buying. We knew well in advance what we were and were not getting, yet many still bought in. So, there's literally no reason for them to up their game, or even improve and repair this year's game.
If you bought it, and regret it, well shame on you. You only perpetuated the problem.
This year it was clear to me what was happening....why the sudden "change in marketing plans" happened. They KNEW they had a steaming pile, and knew if they showed it earlier, it would only hurt sales.
I'm as frustrated as I can be with this mess...but I at least resisted the urge and didn't buy this year.
And if this year is a true indication of where this series is going, we soon won't have even ONE football game to play every year. If this is really their best, and indicates what they want to do, I'll never buy the game again.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
Old 09-07-2017, 06:26 AM   #509
MVP

RogerDodger's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritPitbull
Just played my first game of Madden this year. 15 minute quarters in week 1 of a franchise using default rosters and "simulation mode". I was the Bears v the Falcons.

At half time there had been 8 passing tds with both QBs on 158 passer rating. Not a single penalty called. The cpu QB would stand in the pocket for like 10 seconds without even moving. Not a realistic or enjoyable experience really. I didn't bother playing the second half.

Looks like yet another year of crappy Madden and me trading the game in.
This is all a result of building a game for online, 6 min/qtr games. They've openly admitted doing so. Even franchise is no longer an offline mode, it's being built for the online crowd. I play 12min/qtrs offline but the stats are just absurd.

And the fact there's a simulation mode that doesn't take care of this is crazy. I'm not sure what the simulation settings are. Or who they are directed towards. Is there actually that much differentiation between sim and competitive other than just dropped passes/ints.

Simulation should squarely be positioned for the offline, franchise type of gamer. The one who wants to play a genuinely realistic game of NFL football. Where QB's behave like their real counterparts. Where every facet of the game is realistic. The fact they've introduced this setting but none are drected squarely at the offline gamer is ridiculous.

The problem as I see it is that they don't quite get what realistic is, what simulation is and they are completely focussed on the online gamer to the detriment of everything else.

Last edited by RogerDodger; 09-07-2017 at 06:33 AM.
Old 09-07-2017, 07:32 AM   #510
MVP

WDOgF0reL1fe's Arena

OVR: 27

Dang I didn't realize there was this much consensus on the game this season.

Follow me on Twitter yeah.
@WillSoistman
Dibs: Jennifer Aniston

"Success isn't earned, it's leased. Rent is due every damn day.
Old 09-07-2017, 08:24 AM   #511
Rookie

idigfoo9's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes1
If you visit the Madden subreddit you will see alot of criticism. They had to have four seperate complaint posts to keep it all organized lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2017, 08:46 AM   #512
Rookie

BritPitbull's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykelmosinee
I am praying it's a lot of heat, so they'll finally step up.
But, with the number of casual players and those that bought it for the Longshot game, I don't think it'll hurt their sales.
And as long as sales don't drop drastically, all the complaining in the world will not change a thing...it's been proven over and over.
This was the year for gamers to make a statement by not buying. We knew well in advance what we were and were not getting, yet many still bought in. So, there's literally no reason for them to up their game, or even improve and repair this year's game.
If you bought it, and regret it, well shame on you. You only perpetuated the problem.
This year it was clear to me what was happening....why the sudden "change in marketing plans" happened. They KNEW they had a steaming pile, and knew if they showed it earlier, it would only hurt sales.
I'm as frustrated as I can be with this mess...but I at least resisted the urge and didn't buy this year.
And if this year is a true indication of where this series is going, we soon won't have even ONE football game to play every year. If this is really their best, and indicates what they want to do, I'll never buy the game again.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Honestly, it will never change. Some of us have been testing and feeding back the game's failings for over 15 years now. As long as EA has the licence, the same issues will appear year after year after year. Madden is a marketing tool and means of selling online content, it is not a football simulation - we have to acknowledge that this is the case and move on to other things. Xcom anyone?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »