Madden NFL 18 Retail Impressions - Page 70 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Madden NFL 18 Retail Impressions

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 18 Retail Impressions within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football

Old 09-11-2017, 08:33 PM   #553
---

TexasFan2005's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 18 Retail Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
Crazy that something like accelerated clock would even have anything to do with what's happening between the white lines. Have we ventured a guess as to why this is causing issues, other than turning it off seems to help? Have folks that switched accelerated clock off gone back and put it back on to see if the game does play significantly differently?
Perhaps this has something to do with the CPU AI "loading" a play with enough time to be able to execute correct QB AI behavior after the ball is snapped? Obviously this is pure speculation but if people are seeing actual AI behavior changes with different ACC clock options or simply turned off, this may be the case of the CPU not registering any correct sequences when only allotted a few seconds to snap the ball with ACC clock (if that's even possible or makes any sense).

Also, to those noticing QB AI differences with accelerated clock OFF, are you guys experiencing improved user-controlled defense as well?
Old 09-11-2017, 10:24 PM   #554
MVP

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasFan2005
Perhaps this has something to do with the CPU AI "loading" a play with enough time to be able to execute correct QB AI behavior after the ball is snapped? Obviously this is pure speculation but if people are seeing actual AI behavior changes with different ACC clock options or simply turned off, this may be the case of the CPU not registering any correct sequences when only allotted a few seconds to snap the ball with ACC clock (if that's even possible or makes any sense).

Also, to those noticing QB AI differences with accelerated clock OFF, are you guys experiencing improved user-controlled defense as well?
With the accelerated clock off, they're still snapping the ball within 10 seconds of breaking the huddle so I don't see what would cause the CPU to behave differently. With the accelerated clock on or off they spend the same amount of time at the line of scrimmage pre-snap.
Old 09-12-2017, 07:58 AM   #555
Pro

XxKnicksRules215xX's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasFan2005

So I hear this theory and I go and play a game, eagles and chiefs, first play from scrimmage, the chiefs QB Alex Smith runs for 15 yards, he was forced out of the pocket and no one was open so he took off. He didn't do it every time which led to 3 sacks in the first quarter, so who knows what is what.
Old 09-12-2017, 10:44 AM   #556
Rookie

Thanks guys..you convinced me not to waste my money on this game..back to madden 12

Sent from my LGLS755 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 09-12-2017, 04:42 PM   #557
MVP

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

I haven't played Madden in many, many years. Heck, probably back in the Sega Genesis days when I was in the military.

I actually really like the game quite a bit. Just playing CFM on AS defaults with 15 M/15 ACCEL taking the 49ers as my team (I just want to beat the Rams).

Got crushed by Carolina because I had 7 turnovers, but lost 14-12 against Seattle as I missed a 24 yd FG as time ran out.

CPU actually has a running game, even Russell Wilson took off for a nice scamper TD against me.

I'm having a blast and the only minor gripe I have is there is not many penalties.. but I know I can tweak them if I want too. I say well done EA!
Old 09-13-2017, 01:34 AM   #558
Rookie

There is a bug with defensive backs in this game. Sometimes, when the DB has a chance to sort of jump the route or cut in front of a WR to get the pick, the AI controlled DB obviously cannot "see" the opposing WR. So the DB just runs straight to where the ball would end up if no one else was around, and will literally run right into the WR who is still standing there. Obv, the DB should manuever to cut in front of the receiver but it just doesn't happen. It's a really bad flaw, honestly. I have a video, I'll try to add it later or in a separate post.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Last edited by soulsearcher; 09-13-2017 at 01:38 AM.
Old 09-14-2017, 03:58 AM   #559
All Star

OVR: 7

I was on the fence on getting the game, but ultimately decided to purchase it, and I already regret it.

Madden never has a particularly long shelf life for me, I typically lose interest in November or so due to the game's issues, but here it is mid September and I am fed up.

The issues I have may be patchable, but I get the impression that the developer's have no desire to make the changes I would like to see.

Sim style gameplay is not sim, it is arcade. Every game turns into a shootout. I play with the Ravens and in my games both teams end up averaging around 7.2 yards per play. The highest last year was 6.7, and only 4 teams eclipsed 6 yards per play.

Again, this is with the Ravens offense and defense, on top of the fact that I tend to play a conservative style of play.

Most of my games have at least one defensive touchdown. It is a minor miracle if both teams do not give up one 50+ yard TD pass.

I'm fed up with using sliders to fix these issues. I lower pass accuracy to get deep accuracy under control and QBs still hit the deep ball but instead are 5 yards off on slants and drags.

Gameplay has regressed this year, and with the state of franchise there is nothing that saves this game.
Old 09-14-2017, 07:24 PM   #560
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
I was on the fence on getting the game, but ultimately decided to purchase it, and I already regret it.

Madden never has a particularly long shelf life for me, I typically lose interest in November or so due to the game's issues, but here it is mid September and I am fed up.

The issues I have may be patchable, but I get the impression that the developer's have no desire to make the changes I would like to see.

Sim style gameplay is not sim, it is arcade. Every game turns into a shootout. I play with the Ravens and in my games both teams end up averaging around 7.2 yards per play. The highest last year was 6.7, and only 4 teams eclipsed 6 yards per play.

Again, this is with the Ravens offense and defense, on top of the fact that I tend to play a conservative style of play.

Most of my games have at least one defensive touchdown. It is a minor miracle if both teams do not give up one 50+ yard TD pass.

I'm fed up with using sliders to fix these issues. I lower pass accuracy to get deep accuracy under control and QBs still hit the deep ball but instead are 5 yards off on slants and drags.

Gameplay has regressed this year, and with the state of franchise there is nothing that saves this game.

PREACH SIR!! VOICE OUR FRUSTRATIONS!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »