Home

Madden NFL 18 Retail Impressions

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 18 Retail Impressions within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 12-23-2017, 10:21 AM   #633
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Madden NFL 18 Retail Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey_Osprey
Not sure which thread to post in, so my apologies if this should be elsewhere, but I noticed that Madden 18 is now on Flash Sale for $23.99. As mainly an offline franchise mode player and taking into consideration the current state of CFM, I'm curious to hear OS'ers opinions on whether Madden warrants a purchase at this price.
Same question here.
Old 12-23-2017, 10:38 AM   #634
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimmy
Same question here.
Not in its current state...knowing what I know now, I wouldn't buy it again even though I bought it used.
EA has now made it CRYSTAL CLEAR where their loyalty lies, and it isn't with the offline CFM players. Inexcusable that the NFL playoffs are upon us, yet we can't play along on Madden because they broke their game again.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
Old 12-23-2017, 01:02 PM   #635
Rookie

Scary Larry's Arena

Playing this game online is ridiculous. I'm by no means great, but way too many interceptions. LB running with a RB on a wheel route a step behind and head not turned...INT. Every zone defender ignores their responsibilities to travel a long way to make a pick. Forget the fact that they should be concerned about the WR 5 yards in front of them, not the guy 5 yards behind that they don't know about.

I know I am asking too much of the game designers with this, but god forbid receivers sit down in holes in the zones. The number of times a player would be wide open if he sits down his route, but instead just keeps running into coverage like he plays for the Jets.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2018, 02:34 AM   #636
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

I just played a game for the first time in about a month. i just feel like every game is the same.

I know what plays work and what plays don't. There needs to be plays where they work sometimes but not others. The AI needs to learn what you're doing and adjust. I just don't feel like that happens. I can throw nothing but slants the whole game and just march down and score at will.

And it's definitely not me being good at the game, it's basically just an exploit.

And man, the animations. Some are really nice. But there needs to be a ton more. Player movement needs so much work. I can't understand that with all the sports games that have such human like animation and Madden just seems to struggle getting basic animation down. Even NBA Live has good animations.

It just makes the game boring. There is no sense of anything can happen. Plays either work or they don't.

Very frustrating. Maybe Frostbite will transform the game over the next few years.
Old 01-04-2018, 08:36 AM   #637
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
I know what plays work and what plays don't. There needs to be plays where they work sometimes but not others. The AI needs to learn what you're doing and adjust. I just don't feel like that happens. I can throw nothing but slants the whole game and just march down and score at will.
I have been complaining about this in football games for YEARS. And that goes for the NCAA series and 2K as well. Just too many plays that have way too much, or too little success (at least for single player vs CPU), so I am left with just a handful of plays to run over and over.
Old 01-04-2018, 11:36 PM   #638
Rookie

I really wish EA would address the fact that player movement just looks weird, stiff and just strange. I wish it was more fluid and I wish QB throwing motions were realistic.
Old 01-05-2018, 03:26 AM   #639
Just started!

On edge side, I lost tally of the circumstances that I bored a quarterback and anticipated that would bring him down for a sack, just to see him dispose of the ball at the last nanosecond. I've severed a couple of long punt returns, yet scope on kickoff returns is still trash (I've truly never influenced it past the 25-yard to line). At the point when a punishment happens, you'll see a replay of the infraction happening, which is an extraordinary expansion. However, there's an odd bug with banners on the getting group of a punt, where the official will state the expression "rehash fourth down," despite the fact that that is not right - the accepting group keeps the ball, just it's moved back. At last, however, a large portion of the issues I've said are minor (and will ideally be tended to by patches). This is the best-playing Madden I've ever observed, and it's a major advance up from a year ago.

Subsequent to going through a couple of hours with Madden 11, I was over the moon with Gus Johnson and his insistent calls. Be that as it may, upon additionally audit (and substantially more recess), I'm less captivated with the discourse. He effectively trumps Tom "Check for a Pulse" Hammond, however the issue with utilizing Johnson's intense style of commentating is that it's about difficult to string recorded sections together and keep it sounding acceptable. Tiburon attempted - and I expect that with an extra year behind the mic to record more changed lines (and volumes), the editorial will be greatly improved - yet time after time, I heard a succession like, "UP TOP... [unexcited] and he brings it down for a 32-yard pick up." While CoachSpeak is an awesome thought, particularly for amateurs (since a mentor discloses to you what to search for in a play), the oddity wore off rapidly for me, and I soon incapacitated it.
Old 01-05-2018, 04:57 AM   #640
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa1oue
On edge side, I lost tally of the circumstances that I bored a quarterback and anticipated that would bring him down for a sack, just to see him dispose of the ball at the last nanosecond. I've severed a couple of long punt returns, yet scope on kickoff returns is still trash (I've truly never influenced it past the 25-yard to line). At the point when a punishment happens, you'll see a replay of the infraction happening, which is an extraordinary expansion. However, there's an odd bug with banners on the getting group of a punt, where the official will state the expression "rehash fourth down," despite the fact that that is not right - the accepting group keeps the ball, just it's moved back. At last, however, a large portion of the issues I've said are minor (and will ideally be tended to by patches). This is the best-playing Madden I've ever observed, and it's a major advance up from a year ago.

Subsequent to going through a couple of hours with Madden 11, I was over the moon with Gus Johnson and his insistent calls. Be that as it may, upon additionally audit (and substantially more recess), I'm less captivated with the discourse. He effectively trumps Tom "Check for a Pulse" Hammond, however the issue with utilizing Johnson's intense style of commentating is that it's about difficult to string recorded sections together and keep it sounding acceptable. Tiburon attempted - and I expect that with an extra year behind the mic to record more changed lines (and volumes), the editorial will be greatly improved - yet time after time, I heard a succession like, "UP TOP... [unexcited] and he brings it down for a 32-yard pick up." While CoachSpeak is an awesome thought, particularly for amateurs (since a mentor discloses to you what to search for in a play), the oddity wore off rapidly for me, and I soon incapacitated it.
Gotta ask...is English your first language? Tough to make sense of what you were trying to say.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »