Home

How is your franchise going? Madden 18

This is a discussion on How is your franchise going? Madden 18 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2017, 01:04 PM   #73
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: How is your franchise going? Madden 18

Ravens had two polar opposite games that has me scratching my head.

Goofy start to the season. AFC North standings heading into this game:
1. Browns 3-0
2. Bengals 1-2
3. Ravens 1-2
4. Steelers 0-3

Came into a matchup vs the Steelers and was intent on getting my interception bug under control (Flacco had 8 through 3 games). And man, it was a terrible game. I think the two teams combined for less than 500 yards of total offense lol. Flacco was 18-31 for 127 yards...and 1 ****ing interception lol. We lost.

Next was a road game against the Raiders. We won 41-31. Flacco went 28-37 for 326 yards 5 Td and 0 interceptions. And after averaging 3 ypc on the year, Woodhead ran for 132 yards on 25 carries. Even better, the victory came after we were trailing in the 4th. Hopefully this represents the team turning the corner so we can chase the 4-1...Cleveland Browns?

It wasn't all good though, we lost our RT and DT Brandon Williams for the next several weeks.
Old 08-29-2017, 01:17 PM   #74
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

OVR: 0

How do you folks handled real life NFL trades early into your franchise. I'm in year two now and the 49ers just traded Vance Mccdonald to the steelers for a 4th. Would you also try to make the trade in your franchise.

I've drafted the two players below to be the new face of the franchise, and it would be awesome to also draft a fast tight end. Like Vernon Davis haha.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/datninja619/screenshot/7176035
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/datninja619/screenshot/7176050
Old 08-29-2017, 01:28 PM   #75
Rookie

dutchy25's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeanuReevesRules
I always use the Browns. Last night I finally started the regular season and now I'm thinking I should already restart after changing some settings and sliders... maybe even move up to all madden if I can't get decent sliders on AP.

Went back and forth with the Steelers in the first half. Duke Johnson fumbled on his first two carries after I lost Crowell to an injury. Ended up being 24-23 Steelers at half time.

By the time we got to the 4th quarter it was 54-30 Steelers after they pick sixed Kizer with 13:20 left.

We then managed to score 21 unanswered points and with 1:22 left in the game we recovered an onside kick. Kizer directed a great drive all the way to the 1 yard line after a pass to Kenny Britt. With 12 seconds left and time ticking, Kizer called for a ball spike and just as they finally lined up he spiked the ball... the clock read 0:00.

I wanted to scream, but my wife was already asleep. I looked at the stats for the game. Kizer threw for 557 yards and 5 TDS with 2 INTS.

First game of his career and he sets the single game record in an almost miraculous finish.

And that is what I have a problem with... the 15 minute quarters with access clock set to 10 seconds on All Pro stock sliders resulted in an arena football game.

Yes... it was fun. However, it's not exactly the experience I want with sim gaming in mind.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Operation Sports mobile app

Had this same kind of experience. Threw for 560+ with Alex Smith against the patriots. The amount of plays ran was on par with real life stats but I was able to get too many big plays.

I was using Flazko's sliders.

I wish I could do AM for offense but AP for defense.

Hopefully a patch will help out a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2017, 01:38 PM   #76
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datninja619
How do you folks handled real life NFL trades early into your franchise. I'm in year two now and the 49ers just traded Vance Mccdonald to the steelers for a 4th. Would you also try to make the trade in your franchise.

I've drafted the two players below to be the new face of the franchise, and it would be awesome to also draft a fast tight end. Like Vernon Davis haha.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/datninja619/screenshot/7176035
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/datninja619/screenshot/7176050
Once I begin my franchise it follows its own path. Real life events don't impact my franchise at all.
Old 08-29-2017, 05:09 PM   #77
Rookie

Started out a test Franchise with the Jets (Waiting until official rosters are released & etc..)

My goal was to effectively rebuild the Jets once and for all. That meant a COMPLETE teardown and makeover. Kept Leo Williams at LE. Moved Mo Wilk to DT (Rating went up) to make room for Sheldon on the DL. Moved Sheldon back to RE and had the 3 studs anchor the defense. Besides that, let most of the young players start. Enunwa actually injured himself in Preseason week 3 and was done for the season. Traded Forte and a few other veterans for mid-round draft picks. (Somewhat realistic but not fleecing the computer too bad)

We finished with a 3-13 record, which was good for the #1 pick in next year's draft.

Takeaways from year 1: Hack is NOT an NFL level starter (Will need to draft or sign a QB) Also, ArDarius Stewart is a beast and definitely a player I will be trying to build around in future seasons.

OFFSEASON 2017/2018 - With over 70M in cap space going into the offseason, I opted for the safer bet and signed a somewhat proven QB, rather then draft someone with pick #1. (I can now focus on BPA) I decided to sign Jimmy G. Not only is he a good fit to lead this young team, but I'd be hurting a division opponent. (Brady retired & Pats tried to re-sign him also)

Will be updating with stats and pics in the coming days/weeks hopefully.

*Random but interesting:* The Redskins signed Drew Brees over the offseason with Kirk Cousins still on the roster. Which I find to be strange (Trade coming?) The Saints were stunned by Brees leaving NOLA (Probably expecting him to retire as a Saint) so they decided to wing the 2018 season. The Saints opened up a 3-man QB competition between Blaine Gabbert, Case Keenum, and Christian Ponder. I believe their ratings were 74, 73, and 72 respectively. (Hope you all laughed at that like I did) More to come soon!
Old 08-29-2017, 05:21 PM   #78
MVP

mjavon's Arena

Three games into my CFM with the Titans -

Came from behind to beat the Raiders at home in week 1. I got pretty lucky because I could not stop Derek Carr passing at all, but I was successful enough running the ball that I had two 10-ish-minute drives in the second half so I could tie the game up with under a minute left on a fade route to Eric Decker. I was lucky enough to win the coin toss in OT and scored on a Derrick Henry run so Carr never got to touch the ball in OT.

I couldn't do anything in the downfield passing game, but Murray had 22 carries for 118 yards, 9 receptions for 97 yards and Henry had 73 yards rushing and 24 yards receiving.

Week 2 against the 1-0 Jags, Murray dislocated his hip in the first quarter. I struggled again throwing 3 picks with Mariota and under 150 yards, but Adoree Jackson had a pick-six from the nickel to end the half. Then he returned the opening kickoff of the second half 107 yards to the house. The defense picked off Bortles 3 times and I won 31-20.

Week 3, I had a 19-10 lead late in the third versus Seattle, but I was getting shut down on offense right when theirs found their stride for 21 consecutive points. I lost 31-19.

Loving this game so far on All-Madden with minimal slider changes.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-29-2017, 05:24 PM   #79
Rookie

Started my CFM as a Balanced TE in Miami. With Cutler (24 TDs and 17 INTs that year) at the helm, we went 9-7 but lost to Denver in the Wild Card. Jay Ajayi, Landry, Suh, Wake, and my character all made the Pro Bowl that year.

Miami decides that it's time to move on from Tannehill as a starter; they release Cutler and draft a young QB from Florida named Joe Miller in the first round. Joe has a 79 OVR with the Superstar Dev trait; by the end of preseason, he's an 81.

All of the other rookies are absolutely garbage except for Joe, who throws 28 TDs and 13 INTs and 3,000+ yards. He comes in 8th in the MVP voting (Dak Prescott wins it) but wins ROY and almost wins Best QB (Tom Brady wins it...grr...)

We lose in the Division Round to NE. Next year, we go 11-5, Joe throws for 4,500 yards, 33 TDs and 9 INTs. He's an 86 OVR by now, I'm a 96. He finishes second in MVP voting and we all go to the Pro Bowl. About to play the SB against Dallas.

Madden's too unrealistic; Miami's front office is actually capable of drafting.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-29-2017, 06:37 PM   #80
Pro

Right now I'm messing around with teams waiting for week 1 rosters and deciding on sliders to use (suggestions are welcome)

So far I'm 1-0 with the jags, I'm liking them a lot. I traded bortals and a pick for Jimmy G. Not realistic but oh well.

I'm also 1-0 with the rams. They're alright to play with imo.

I'll be testing some more o we the next couple of weeks finding a team maybe 2 to roll with

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »