Home

How is your franchise going? Madden 18

This is a discussion on How is your franchise going? Madden 18 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2017, 04:56 AM   #9
Rookie

Nick_Mc's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How is your franchise going? Madden 18

Started a Vikings CFM. Decided I would go with Bridgewater and Cook so traded Bradford and Murray to shore up my O-Line. Won a preseason game comfortably so started the season against the Saints and got destroyed. Just could not stop Drew Brees and struggled on offense.

Probably guilty on relying on some plays last year that either aren't in the playbook anymore or just aren't as effective. Might try a few other playbooks because I wasn't a fan of a lot of the ones in the Vikings playbook. Might be a long first season until a get a bit better at the game.
Old 08-23-2017, 08:09 AM   #10
Rookie

Sucram7777's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datninja619
For some reason I couldn't find this thread. Thanks Green.

In my first CFM Franchise, I wanted to make the goal of getting Rivers and Gates to the SuperBowl and letting them retire San Diego Chargers.

I couldn't relocate the Chargers back to San Diego though, due to the minimum rating requirement. So I decided to stay in LA and rebuild to have the nicest stadium on the west coast.

Chargers may not look pretty in real life, but I strongly believe they have one of the most underrated rosters in Madden. The skilled positions on offense are very versatile.

I forgot to get stats for the first season, but just know Rivers and Gates got their super bowl in the second season! Here's some key draft picks I made. Starting my third season now.

1st season Draft picks:
This is my successor to Rivers. Super stoked about him.
I plan to move Bosa around alot, so I wanted make sure I had DE depth.

2nd Season Draft Picks
After the first two seasons, I realized the importance of depth at WR and CB, since injuries occur off-ball now.I drafted the CB with the 32 OVR pick and the WR in the 2nd round.

This reminds me - are you guys going to be putting up a "Studs & Freaks" thread too? That's my favorite thread every year.
Old 08-23-2017, 08:45 AM   #11
Banned

thouse34's Arena

Last night I did a quick fantasy draft just to play some games for slider testing before picking my deep franchise team... If you're only picking for one year it's really easy to pick a super bowl team by picking veterans that go undrafted for a while. I took JJ Watt in the first round at 24 and he broke the sack record with 24 Won the super bowl first year after simming the season and playing 2 of the playoff games. My offensive starters were Rivers, Shady, AJ Green, Boldin, and Taylor Gabriel (that little dude is a beast in this game)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2017, 09:02 AM   #12
MVP

BCJMU99's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt2000
Who is waiting till post preseason rosters to start there CFM?
This guy...

I always start a "temp" one before those rosters drop to see how my stats, sliders, etc. work out. Then I'll be ready to roll when the updated rosters come out.

I did finish up the preseason the other night with the Eagles. Traded Corey Graham and Brent Celek for picks. Thought about trading Vinny Curry since Derek Barnett is an absolute stud! (4 sacks in preseason). I believe my roster is pretty much set as I predict the current Eagles roster should be after cuts with the exception or another trade or 2.
JMU Football season ticket holder
UVA Football, Basketball & Baseball

76ers
Flyers

Currently playing Madden 23(XBX) and FFXVI , and PGA 2K23(PS5)

Last edited by BCJMU99; 08-23-2017 at 09:04 AM.
Old 08-23-2017, 09:49 PM   #13
Rookie

NeptunePirate's Arena

I'm currently 7-4 with my Cowboys. Started really good, but both Dak and Zeke got injured, along with several other key players. Hoping I can hang on and clinch the playoffs.

Also, I use the Play the Moments feature.
Old 08-23-2017, 11:50 PM   #14
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10

Started my Jets franchise today. Going to play as the OC, so playing only offense and letting CPU handle a portion of the team management (resigns, fa bidding, partial scouting). Started with 32 teams to prevent FA's from being signed and to let current rostered players have chance at final 53. Will probably retire the coaches (sans created Bill Belichick and my HC Todd Bowles).

Currently at Week 4 of the Preseason, played Week 3 vs Giants and Week 4 vs Eagles (force won weeks 1/2 to match current standings). McCown 'won' the QB battle, or in other words didn't play as bad as Petty or Hack against the Giants. Tiny bit of drama against the Eagles though, McCown went down on an incompletion after getting destroyed by Graham and left the game with a high ankle sprain. Petty and Hack actually put decent efforts in but afterwards happy to see McCown will be ready for week 1.

Have cuts to make, figured I'd sim and see who the CPU cuts, reload and make one or two overriding decisions in case it's a young O player I want to develop. With four players on IR and 17 cuts to make, probably looking at 7-8 cuts after PS signings.

Some big injuries after week 3; Dak will be out of 6 weeks, Gronk for 4, David Johnson 7, and L. Bell will miss the season opener for Pitt. Giants and Dolphins have been hit hard with injuries, maybe need to drop slider a touch.
Old 08-24-2017, 08:18 AM   #15
Rookie

Sucram7777's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMJOHNS18
Started my Jets franchise today. Going to play as the OC, so playing only offense and letting CPU handle a portion of the team management (resigns, fa bidding, partial scouting). Started with 32 teams to prevent FA's from being signed and to let current rostered players have chance at final 53. Will probably retire the coaches (sans created Bill Belichick and my HC Todd Bowles).

Currently at Week 4 of the Preseason, played Week 3 vs Giants and Week 4 vs Eagles (force won weeks 1/2 to match current standings). McCown 'won' the QB battle, or in other words didn't play as bad as Petty or Hack against the Giants. Tiny bit of drama against the Eagles though, McCown went down on an incompletion after getting destroyed by Graham and left the game with a high ankle sprain. Petty and Hack actually put decent efforts in but afterwards happy to see McCown will be ready for week 1.

Have cuts to make, figured I'd sim and see who the CPU cuts, reload and make one or two overriding decisions in case it's a young O player I want to develop. With four players on IR and 17 cuts to make, probably looking at 7-8 cuts after PS signings.

Some big injuries after week 3; Dak will be out of 6 weeks, Gronk for 4, David Johnson 7, and L. Bell will miss the season opener for Pitt. Giants and Dolphins have been hit hard with injuries, maybe need to drop slider a touch.

I love when people go into detail like this. Not just his team, but the big happenings around the league. Looking forward to hearing more!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2017, 08:47 AM   #16
Rookie

jtshurtleff's Arena

I started as the Bears and got to run right into the Falcons week one, losing 52-35. I got to Ryan 3 times, they got to Trubisky 4 times which I thought was pretty solid. My defense could not stop the run or the pass giving up more than 600 yards. Ryan went something like 27-31 for 480 and a TD and a pick, Freeman and Coleman 3 TD's each and over 200 combined. Howard had 160 for me on 21 carries with 2 TD's and Trubisky had a 2 TD's and 2 picks. That was about what I expected defensively with the Bears with their slow LB's and sparse secondary.

I also started a game against the Bucs, also 0-1, and am currently half way through quarter 2 down 10-7. My defense has been a bit better sacking Winston with Lamar Houston who forced a fumble which we recovered. Howard has our TD and Winston threw a TD to OJ Howard and they recovered a fumble of mine to get that TD. Winston already has as many incompletions as Ryan had all game. I adjusted my sliders a little, All-Pro, and have noticed a slight difference but nothing crazy.

More late, I plan on developing Leonard Floyd into a beast with his 86 speed and getting rid of practically everyone else soon. I know the Bears have been a 3-4 team forever but I hate the 3-4 and will be moving to a 4-3, firing John Fox and hiring someone more offense oriented to help Trubisky once this season ends. Hoping Peyton Manning is an option for a coach.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »