Home

How is your franchise going? Madden 18

This is a discussion on How is your franchise going? Madden 18 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2017, 10:14 PM   #177
$$$

Chrisksaint's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: How is your franchise going? Madden 18

Beat the Panthers 41-39 in Week 3 to move to 2-1.

Big plays killed my defense. Funchess scored a 75 yard TD with 22 seconds left, but I stopped the 2pt conversion. Funchess went 6rec 251yds 3TDs.

Adrian Peterson was thrown into the limelight with Ingram dislocating his shoulder. 26touches 190yds 3TDs, but a late fumble gave Carolina hope. Defense made some big plays with 7 sacks and a pick from PJ Williams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-16-2017, 12:14 AM   #178
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

I'm about ready to retire from video games after the 41-7 beatdown I just got from Cleveland, I'm now 3-12 and in a three way tie for the first pick of the draft. Trubisky is six sacks away from tying David Carr's record for the most times sacked in a season. One positive note, I got Cam Meredith back this week and I was able to actually move the ball with a decent WR to throw to, I just can't punch it in when I get near the goaline
Old 09-16-2017, 01:30 AM   #179
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Got a question for you guys.

How much does off field things in real life influence your roster decisions in your franchise?

Dixon just received an additional 2 game suspension for violating the substance abuse policy, and as a result I would look to get rid of him in my franchise.

Old 09-16-2017, 11:58 AM   #180
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

I ignore the suspensions, if I feel like the player will never play another down for the team in real life then I might let him go.

So I finished my first season and have gotten to the first off season and it's really demoralizing how poorly the cpu manages it's rosters. The Rams have signed Drew Brees, so I guess they're pulling the plug on Goff after a year and a half of starting. I have the #1 pick and there is a QB that I think would be worth trading up for, so I go to look and see if I have any trade offers, Washington offers me the #3 pick, their second round pick which is in the top three, and next year's first round pick, and I got an offer from Cleveland of the #4 pick, the #15 pick, and next year's first rounder. Kizer had an outstanding rookie year and Cousins has a big contract so neither team needs a QB, meanwhile the Jets, Bills, and Dolphins pick 2,5, and 6 and none made an offer. I created a save point and did the Washington trade just to see what they'd do and they took a CB. Who trades two firsts and a second to move up two spots in the draft for a cornerback?
Old 09-16-2017, 01:00 PM   #181

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
I ignore the suspensions, if I feel like the player will never play another down for the team in real life then I might let him go.

So I finished my first season and have gotten to the first off season and it's really demoralizing how poorly the cpu manages it's rosters. The Rams have signed Drew Brees, so I guess they're pulling the plug on Goff after a year and a half of starting. I have the #1 pick and there is a QB that I think would be worth trading up for, so I go to look and see if I have any trade offers, Washington offers me the #3 pick, their second round pick which is in the top three, and next year's first round pick, and I got an offer from Cleveland of the #4 pick, the #15 pick, and next year's first rounder. Kizer had an outstanding rookie year and Cousins has a big contract so neither team needs a QB, meanwhile the Jets, Bills, and Dolphins pick 2,5, and 6 and none made an offer. I created a save point and did the Washington trade just to see what they'd do and they took a CB. Who trades two firsts and a second to move up two spots in the draft for a cornerback?
Yeah in mine Drew Brees went to Buffalo and then Tyrod Taylor went to the Rams so guess LA is hell bent on replacing Goff in the first offseason. The other head scratcher was Dallas giving Teddy Bridgewater a 4 year $40 million dollar contract to back up Prescott, other then that the offseason was rather boring.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2017, 05:48 PM   #182
Rookie

OVR: 4

Hey... I'm an onliner making my move to try franchise mode. Is there any particular way you set up your franchise before starting? Or do you just pick a team and jump in? I want to make sure I do this right.

Thanks
Old 09-17-2017, 03:47 PM   #183
Pro

OVR: 0

Arghhhh Mattey!!! | Tampa Bay Bucs

Will be beginning a franchise offline with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Im going with the 75-Man Preseason Roster. As well as controlling Dirk Koetter. I will only control coach for this season then I will become the owner. Giving the current staff the reigns to fire Koetter if necessary...

Will play with 10min Qtrs, and 12sec accelerated clock. I will have full control of roster moves made by ONLY the Bucs.

Position Battles will include....
QB2 Ryan Fitzpatrick v. Ryan Griffin
HB2 Charles Sims III v. Jacquizz Rodgers v. Jeremy Nichols v. Peyton Barber v. Blake Sims
FB Austin Johnson v. Alan Cross
WR4 Adam Humphries v. Josh Huff v. Donteea Dye Jr.
TE Cameron Brate v. OJ Howard
LG JR Sweezy v. Evan Smith
C Joe Hawley v. James Stone

LE2 Jacquies Smith v. George Johnson
RE1 Robert Ayers Jr. v. Noah Spence
MLB2 Kendell Beckwith v. Riley Bullough
ROLB1 Darius Glanton v. Tavaris Barnes v. Devante Bond

K Roberto Aguayo v. Nick Folk

Pre Season Schedule
@ Bengals
@ Jaguars
Browns
Redskins
Old 09-17-2017, 04:07 PM   #184
Rookie

VTWiseGuy's Arena

OVR: 0
Wink Re: How is your franchise going? Madden 18

I took the "Rise Above The Rebuild" once again and picked my Bengals. I am at 3-7. Dalton is gone and is already benched with 4 TD's and 14 INT's and AJ is starting. The whole online is a total mess and will be rebuild though FA's and the Draft. The defense needs FS/SS helps and looking to go with the young LB's and D-Line also. I am in for a long ride.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »