Home

How is your franchise going? Madden 18

This is a discussion on How is your franchise going? Madden 18 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-04-2018, 09:13 PM   #425
Pro

JayCutlersCig's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How is your franchise going? Madden 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kcj4
Definitely going to revamp this packers line, its disgusting, Rodgers barely gets time to even step back.

Had to do this with the Cowboys. Frederick, Martin, and Smith are all great, but the LG and RT positions are garbage. Steve Wisniewski is an absolute steal, though. Veteran presence with good stats that also builds OL chemistry.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2018, 09:33 PM   #426
Rookie

Kcj4's Arena

It sad and pisses me of because they're actual goof linemen but madden seems to not care
Old 01-04-2018, 11:54 PM   #427
Rookie

bravo2208's Arena

In year 2 with the Bungles. I got demolished in my first game against Carolina. Then I lost to the Browns by a FG at home after I scored a TD with 29 seconds left. I was gutted. I desperately need a win against the Raves.

I drafted this 6'6 strong arm QB first overall. He was a 78 but has fast development. I also got this 6'3 freak WR from Tennessee in the first round. Name's Marshall Hollier. 91 speed, 85 catch, 94 agility, 96 acceleration, 94 juke move. The list goes on. He was the #1 rated talent in the draft and has the Superstar development trait. He's somehow only a 79 OVR. Check him out below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-A5ZFzCcc8k

Toe drag swag

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAWwpuj-Ycw

Nasty. That's what speed do.

Wound up winning 41-21. Probably had my best passing game so far. 24/34, 344 yards, 2 TD 0 INT. Sad I know. I've been struggling lol. I think that's my first INT free game. Big battle against the 2-1 Saints at home this week. It'd be nice to get back to .500. Also, pretty interesting storyline. The Saints traded up with me to take the rookie QB they're starting in this game. My rookie vs. theirs. Should be fun.

Last edited by bravo2208; 01-05-2018 at 12:21 AM.
Old 01-05-2018, 12:46 AM   #428
Rookie

bravo2208's Arena

I feel like Madden decides you're gonna lose certain games. I walk all over the Ravens for some reason but the Saints come to town and turn into supermen. No INTs last game, 4 this week. 2 of them were absolute BS where the DB wasn't even looking at the ball. Some weird stuff happened too. Had a drive where I got 3 holding calls. And at the end of the game when I actually had a chance to get within a score I get sacked 3 times in one drive. 3rd sack was also strip. One Saints guy was on his knees and the ball fell perfectly into his lap. Game over basically. I don't get it.

Ha, almost forgot the best part. Mixon tore his abdomen or some **** last week. Supposed to miss 4 games. I get an alert saying he can come back this week. I started him even though his abilities took a huge hit. I was not expecting what came next. He was literally "running" in slow motion. I threw him a swing thinking it was a bug or something and he lost 7 yards. Benched him after that. Is that supposed to happen if a guy plays severely injured?

Last edited by bravo2208; 01-05-2018 at 12:49 AM.
Old 01-05-2018, 09:01 AM   #429
Rookie

Killuminati's Arena

Personally I would find that pretty cool if the players run in slow Motion when they are hurt. It would be impressive to see them continue to fight through the pain. I can however see how that is frustrating though.

Sent from my N9560 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 01-05-2018, 09:41 AM   #430
Rookie

rhys1879safc's Arena

Our rookie QB Brody Northern is really starting to come into his own now after using the first month or so to acclimatise to the NFL, more surprising are the continued struggles of Antonio Brown who hasn't even managed 200 yards in receiving yet this season and hasn't caught a single touchdown. Martavis Bryant on the other hand has more than 500 yards receiving and 8 touchdowns to his name, perhaps I should let Brown walk in free agency and pick up his replacement in the draft? (lol)

Week 5 was a tough but deserved 32-24 win over the Bengals at Heinz Field, we struggled to get to Andy Dalton as he threw for nearly 300 yards and 2 scores but more impressively we managed to limit the away side to only 9 rushing yards all game and that was what decided the outcome in my opinion. Northern threw for 234 yards and 1 score whilst Leveon Bell managed 163 rushing yards and 2 touchdowns to seal the win.

Week 6 was a daunting trip to Detroit to face the improving Lions and our pathetic defence may as well have stayed on the plane in the first half as they allowed Stafford to throw for almost 250 yards, somehow the game was tied 10-10 at the break.

The defence turned up (for a little while) in the second half, picking off Stafford twice as we ran out 38-31 winners. Northern had the best game of his young career so far throwing for 353 yards and 5 touchdowns with 0 picks. Stafford ended up with 403 yards, 4 touchdowns and 2 picks.

Week 6 sees the Vikings visit Heinz Field, I'll probably play that game tomorrow.

We are 6-0 with the Browns being our nearest challengers in the division - they have a 3-3 record so far.
Old 01-05-2018, 11:47 AM   #431
Rookie

7-5 in year two with my raiders, losing to browns at halftime who are 8-4 surprisingly. Going to let lynch/bowman walk after this season and cut Crabtree to save some $...bowman still performing at a high level but have two quick developing linebackers behind him ready to take the helm...lynch has played well but injury riddled season for him and the team as a whole. Currently holding a wild card spot so we'll c if we can hold on. Draft/Free Agency priorities are DT/CB/WR/HB...aiming to build through draft. Realistic approach to any free agent/trade situation, no cheese.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2018, 11:48 AM   #432
Rookie

IlliniOne82's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravo2208
I feel like Madden decides you're gonna lose certain games. I walk all over the Ravens for some reason but the Saints come to town and turn into supermen. No INTs last game, 4 this week. 2 of them were absolute BS where the DB wasn't even looking at the ball. Some weird stuff happened too. Had a drive where I got 3 holding calls. And at the end of the game when I actually had a chance to get within a score I get sacked 3 times in one drive. 3rd sack was also strip. One Saints guy was on his knees and the ball fell perfectly into his lap. Game over basically. I don't get it.

Ha, almost forgot the best part. Mixon tore his abdomen or some **** last week. Supposed to miss 4 games. I get an alert saying he can come back this week. I started him even though his abilities took a huge hit. I was not expecting what came next. He was literally "running" in slow motion. I threw him a swing thinking it was a bug or something and he lost 7 yards. Benched him after that. Is that supposed to happen if a guy plays severely injured?
There's definitely some scripting, for lack of a better term, built into the code. The go to's seem to be an increase in errant passes that get picked and blocked FG's/XP's often returned for a score. There's nothing more infuriating than lining up for a chip shot field goal thinking you're about to go up by 3 and then all of sudden you're down 7 when they block and return it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »