Home

How is your franchise going? Madden 18

This is a discussion on How is your franchise going? Madden 18 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-05-2018, 12:27 PM   #433
Rookie

bravo2208's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How is your franchise going? Madden 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaD1521
7-5 in year two with my raiders, losing to browns at halftime who are 8-4 surprisingly. Going to let lynch/bowman walk after this season and cut Crabtree to save some $...bowman still performing at a high level but have two quick developing linebackers behind him ready to take the helm...lynch has played well but injury riddled season for him and the team as a whole. Currently holding a wild card spot so we'll c if we can hold on. Draft/Free Agency priorities are DT/CB/WR/HB...aiming to build through draft. Realistic approach to any free agent/trade situation, no cheese.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk
Yeah man I hate making those hard decisions. I'm really cheap and rarely give out long-term contracts. You have to be a irreplaceable talent and in your prime. I have a tough decision with Geno Atkins coming up. He's our best defensive player by quite a bit (90 ovr), but he's 30. I expect the downswing to start soon and he wants 40 mil over 4 years...no thanks. There's no way I can pay him and Burfict who just re-signed. DT an CB will be my biggest draft needs I think. In week 11, sitting at 5-5. Showdown for division lead with Pitt (5-4-1) coming up.
Old 01-05-2018, 12:29 PM   #434
Rookie

Ill @ least let them walk initially and keep an eye on their offers...may bring back for right price but I'm with you on their initial contract desires being a bit high

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk
Old 01-05-2018, 01:05 PM   #435
Rookie

OVR: 1

I figured this was the best place for this question as I'm more of an offline dynasty player. I haven't bought a madden for several years now (been stuck with NCAA 14 on 360) and looking to get a fball game for xbox one. With Madden on sell for $24 do you guys feel the offline CFM is worth that?

I'm not too worried about Presentation elements, but want to ensure that there are no major issues that completely ruin the game...

Any suggestions on whether Madden 18 is worth the buy purely for offline CFM?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2018, 01:48 PM   #436
Rookie

timtime's Arena

So I'm the browns in year 2. I've made some trades and signed a few free agents. I'm running the spread. So being a Tennessee Vol I traded for Josh Dobbs qb, Alvin kamara rb, and cordarrelle Patterson wr. Plus added John Ross speed wr, tavon Austin speed rb, and drafted two great wr. Plus signed kaepernick as a back up. Not my first choice but fits what I want to do.

I had a pretty good draft with all the picks I had.

So year two we have a ton of injuries. John Ross was a pro bowler year 1. (Simmed 1st season) He gets injured for a long period of time year 2, Colman 1st wr out all year, kaepernick hurt all year in preseason,
Njoku out most of the year. This all happened early like preseason and first two weeks. Plus my nasty rookie olb. So 1st 2 wr, te, and back up qb are out. Luckily I still have a decent wr group.

So I'm in week 8 or so. We're still doing ok. I'm playing the dolphins. Down goes kamara dislocated elbow. We're up 14 2nd half. Down goes Dobbs collar bone. Now I have a 66 ovr free agent qb playing. He has like 80 thrp. Austin is nasty rb. Fast. Helps us keep the lead.

Up 14 4 minutes to go. We fumble they score. Can't move the ball now because our qb is awful. Austin fumbles they score. Btw I've knocked out tannerhill by now. We had 7 sacks. They end up tying it up. I go down the fuel to kick the game winning fg. They block it and run it for a td with no time on the clock.

I felt like the computer decided nope you're the browns. You're not allowed to be good. Now I have no starters in key position for the rest of the year. Lost in the craziest way I've ever lost.

Is it just a browns curse? Or does anyone have a similar story? I feel like every 5 plays someone gets hurt on offense or defense. I have injuries turned to 30....

Sent from my SM-N950U using Operation Sports mobile app

Last edited by timtime; 01-05-2018 at 01:54 PM.
Old 01-05-2018, 05:37 PM   #437
Rookie

rhys1879safc's Arena

We managed to overcome the Vikings 17-10 in a tense game. We scored all our points on our first three possessions so I thought we were going to be in for an easy game, all of a sudden though that suffocating Vikings defence turned up and we really struggled offensively. We were clinging on in the last few minutes and actually managed to deny Minnesota twice on 4th and short late in the game to preserve our unbeaten record which is now 7-0.
Old 01-05-2018, 06:07 PM   #438
Rookie

nyr30's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravo2208
I feel like Madden decides you're gonna lose certain games. I walk all over the Ravens for some reason but the Saints come to town and turn into supermen. No INTs last game, 4 this week. 2 of them were absolute BS where the DB wasn't even looking at the ball. Some weird stuff happened too. Had a drive where I got 3 holding calls. And at the end of the game when I actually had a chance to get within a score I get sacked 3 times in one drive. 3rd sack was also strip. One Saints guy was on his knees and the ball fell perfectly into his lap. Game over basically. I don't get it.

Ha, almost forgot the best part. Mixon tore his abdomen or some **** last week. Supposed to miss 4 games. I get an alert saying he can come back this week. I started him even though his abilities took a huge hit. I was not expecting what came next. He was literally "running" in slow motion. I threw him a swing thinking it was a bug or something and he lost 7 yards. Benched him after that. Is that supposed to happen if a guy plays severely injured?
I got screwed over in my Giants franchise

Started the season 2-0 and travelled to Philly to take on the Eagles. A really close game and tied at 17-17 and the Eagles backup goes on a monster drive to get them to field goal range. I managed to hold out and only gave up the field goal with 49 seconds remaining. I get the ball and make three big plays and get myself to field goal range with 9 seconds to go and out of timeouts I opt for the field goal. I am kicking from around the 35 yd line and from there it fell apart.

When I went to kick the field goal the camera panned in really close to the point the bottom of the kick meter was off the bottom of the screen and during the kicking motion the kick meter disappeared leaving me to guess when to stop the kick. The kick ended up short and I lost the game.

After the game I went into the highlights to watch it back and it was listed as a -91 yard field goal

Very strange
Old 01-05-2018, 07:06 PM   #439
Rookie

IlliniOne82's Arena

OVR: 1

That's not a glitch. That's their version of freezing the kicker. I'm assuming the CPU called a timeout right before you attempted the field goal? When they do that right before a game winning field goal that animation happens where the kicking meter disappears while the icon is on the downswing. You have to just time it by feel.

No idea why it showed the field goal as being a -91 yard field goal attempt, but everything else you described is what is programmed into the gameplay.
Old 01-05-2018, 07:46 PM   #440
Rookie

Kcj4's Arena

Im 5-5 hoping to win out the rest of my games and go 11-5, line ****ed me all year so I Blame them, we have the number 1 defense but Rodgers can barely get time to do much because of how soft the line is.

Purging linemen in the upcoming draft.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »