Home

How is your franchise going? Madden 18

This is a discussion on How is your franchise going? Madden 18 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2017, 08:55 PM   #49
MVP

Syce's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How is your franchise going? Madden 18

just finished the first season of my Raiders Franchise. got to the Conference playoff but lost to the Texans who in turn lost to the Panthers in the Super Bowl.

I had the 29th pick in the first round of the draft. I ended up drafting a Middle Linebacker who was mocked in as a 7th round talent. ends up starting at 77 ovr, great hit power, tackling, block shedding, with Quick progression. the combine stats for him was a 7.3 grade, ranked first in several of the Combine Categories. he reminded me of Rey Lewis.
Old 08-28-2017, 09:31 AM   #50
Rookie

herdfan50's Arena

Haven't gotten around to my Vikings Franchise yet because my friends all wanted to start an online franchise. We did a fantasy draft and we autopicked out teams because we thought that was most fair. I had the second to last pick and got shafted on my team. Gotten blown out twice (42-6, 48-0), but beat a user player (35-28) off of a pick six at the end of the game. This game is still fun, but I have been getting my butt handed to me.
Old 08-28-2017, 10:13 AM   #51
Rookie

Mav3rek7's Arena

Just finished up preseason in my Bengals franchise.

Geno Atkins will miss the first 4 weeks with an injury, and rookie Carl Lawson is out for 7 weeks with a foot fracture.

Jeremy Hill is my starting RB, with Joe Mixon backing him up. Giovanni Bernard is currently 3rd string and on the trade block. I couldn't do anything with him in the preseason.

John Ross is fun to play with and helps open up the passing game soooooooo much. Defense looks like they will be good as well. Just have to wait and see how the season goes! Hope to get the first game or two done tonight!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2017, 10:43 AM   #52
Rookie

Just finished preseason week 2 as Jets. Planning to relocate them to Brooklyn as the Bulls with the medium term (2-4 year) goal of rivaling the Patriots within the division.

Destroyed Tennessee 40-3 in the first week. They committed 5 turnovers. Week 2 vs Lions was a much closer game that we ended up winning 27-19. Lions never took the lead but at one point the score was 21-19. Stafford and the Lions QB backup were both very good. Unlike our first game vs Titans, Petty looked much better than McCown so the QB position is still up in the air. I think I'm going to let Petty start game 3 vs Giants and let McCown play the third quarter. Based on their performances, I'll likely make a (semi)final decision regarding who will start. Either way though, I'm thinking of targeting a round 1 QB pick in the draft and centering our franchise around that, and hopefully be able to draft 1 or 2 linebacker rookies who are at least decent. I need to get an idea of what the draft talent pool looks like first though. Especially if McCown isn't the starter, I think I'll try to trade him for draft picks.

Also, we made a bunch of free agent signings at the end of week 1 to strengthen our O line and secondary. Current weak spots are definitely our linebacking core and to a lesser extent FB/TE. However, we have fewer talent holes than we previously did and still have 40mm in cap space. So far injuries are not a significant issue as almost everyone who is injured long term will be cut before the regular season.
Old 08-28-2017, 11:55 AM   #53
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20

2-0 with the Titans. Blew out the raiders in week 1 30-6 (Carr and Lynch both got hurt early).

Week 2 - squeeked by the Jaguars 15-14. Couldn't do anything to start. At the half,Murray had 8 carries for 10 yards and Mariotta was 2-12. Second half came around and it was a different story. Murray ended the game with 124 yards and a TD.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-28-2017, 02:30 PM   #54
Rookie

SHolden's Arena

Current updating my Bucs Franchise on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awSapF38x8w

Just finished the first game, and man, was it a good one. So excited to post it soon!
Old 08-28-2017, 02:34 PM   #55
Rookie

bran9413's Arena

OVR: 4

Just started with my Rams and traded Jared Goff and a few draft picks for Jimmy Grappolo. We won our first 2 home games hold the Colts and Redskins to a combined 1 touchdown. The offense is doing pretty well too taking advantage of our defense forcing a lot of 3 and outs. I'm confident on making the playoffs so far in the season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2017, 02:48 PM   #56
Rookie

downundermike's Arena

Have any of you figured out how to do substitution with your custom playbook.

Any time I go to formation subs in franchise, it only lets me do them based on the Eagles playbook, not my custom playbook.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »