Home

How is your franchise going? Madden 18

This is a discussion on How is your franchise going? Madden 18 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-01-2018, 08:08 AM   #585
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: How is your franchise going? Madden 18

Started up a new franchise, simming ahead 9 years. Ran across this while trying to decide what team I want to take over. Take a look at Matt Bryant's age! lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180601_080129.jpg (118.0 KB, 197 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2018, 01:42 AM   #586
Rookie

Decided to start one last franchise with my beloved Panthers. During the first season I usually do minor upgrades to positions I feel we’re we have below league minimum talent. I got Eric Rowe from New England for a 5th, traded for Leronte Carroo from Miami for a 5th also. Signed Mario Williams outta free agency. We proceed to run the 49ers and Jimmy G outta their own building 52-10 with Cam having a pedestrian game with 203 yards and a TD pass to Carroo. McCaffrey has a decent game with 91 yards on 18 carries and 4 catches for 28yrds. Stewart goes down for 8weeks and I sign Chris Johnson off the street. Next game McCaffery goes bonkers and we spank the bills and get a little sweet revenge on the aints. Next we go to New England and start the game off great picking Brady twice and taking a 14 point lead. That’s when Luke and Shaq both get hurt and my zone defense falls apart with no coverage LB’s in the middle of the field. Brady starts hitting Gronk relentlessly and I’m forced to user a safety to help my undermanned LB’s. Brady the proceeds to start going up top to Cooks to the tune of 9 catches for 194 yards and 3 tds. The score is now 42 to 34 as Gano misses an extra point and a short field goal.
Old 06-02-2018, 02:14 AM   #587
Rookie

After some CPU cheese, missed a wide open bomb because the CPU made me aggressive catch and I held down the x button for run after catch. I saw that the only way to win would be a complete take over by Cam.... and he proceed to do just that. Scrambling for first downs at a 12 to 15 yard clip and throwing absolute lasers to runners on deep digs. We take the lead on Cams 3 rushing TD of the day. We win 52 to 48. Brady finishes with 468 yards 7tds and 2 picks. Cam has 334 yards 3 passing tds and 91 yards rushing and 3 rushing tds on 9 carries. I smell another MVP in Cam’s future!
Old 06-11-2018, 10:23 PM   #588
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

I got started late since I waited for M18 to go on sale. Finally finished the first season of my 49ers franchise.

The Patriots had Garoppolo on the trade block in the preseason, so I sent Hoyer and a second-round pick to them for him. He had a solid first year, throwing for 3,992 yards with 26 TDs and 10 INTs to lead us to a better-than expected 8-8 season in Kyle Shanahan's first season.

The Patriots (12-4) and Falcons (13-3) were the favorites to get back to the Super Bowl. But the Colts knocked off New England in the divisional round, and the Seahawks took care of Atlanta in the NFC championship game. The Seahawks beat the Chargers in the Super Bowl.

Going into the offseason, I wanted to re-sign Garoppolo, improve the OL and add speed. The offseason got off to a rough start with Joe Staley retiring.

Garappolo, Eric Reid and K'waun Williams were among our key re-signings. Carlos Hyde and Aaron Lynch were the major players to depart in FA. I signed Jerrick McKinnon, Taylor Gabriel and Andrew McDonald.

Post-FA, I traded Bowman to the Texans for a 2019 first-round pick. Couldn't turn that down with Reuben Foster waiting in the wings. Tough going into the next season without Staley or Bowman though.

We had the 17th pick in the draft. I narrowed it down to a pair of Stanford grads - Tyronne Rudd, a speed rusher DE, and Antwaun Tate, a LT. I ended up taking Rudd at 17, but traded with the Browns to get back into the first round at 20 to take Tate. Tate has quick progression while second-pick A.C. Casey (OLB) is a superstar in the making. Also got a nice surprise with Michael Bosher, an OG, in the sixth round. He'll start at right guard as a rookie.
Old 06-11-2018, 10:50 PM   #589
Rookie

Just recently bought madden 18, i have 2 franchises lol 1 im the owner and 2nd hc of the browns

Sent from my SM-G925T using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 06-17-2018, 11:25 PM   #590
Rookie

Still have '17, since I've yet to find proof that newer ones are ever better (hopefully this will be the year...have said that for about 15 years). But this thread will do.

Started a franchise with updated rosters with the Jets. Started Darnold from the start. He ended up having a poor rookie season (12 TDs/18 INTs), but showed some great flashes.

Took Deangelo Hall out of retirement to be my slot corner. Signed Bjeorn Werner. Made some minor moves here and there. Ended up going 6-10 with a poor defense and offense, and had the #5 pick. From scouting, didn't think the draft class would be good, but ended up having the best class I've ever had. Only player not above 70 was my 7th rounder, who was a guy I picked solely on combine grade that was unscouted.

#5 overall was a 79 overall CB. Slow development, but good coverage skills. Instantly on the other side from Johnson. Don't remember the order of the others off the top of my head, but got a 77 overall LG, a 77 overall RG (moved Carpenter and Winters to OT), a 73 overall FS, and a 77 overall MLB, all normal development. But the best way by far my 6th rounder. 78 overall SS with superstar development! I run a 3-safety system (supposed to be 4-2-5, but in Madden, it's just Bear normal with one SS moved to LOLB).

My kicker, Santos, also went 21-21 on FGs! Granted, none 50+, but still. Pro Bowler. Signed Pat Mcafee for my punter. So we're definitely set there.

Signed Asamoah for depth at guard. Signed a TE that has 80+ catching, and I'll soon have him up to 80+ run blocking. Signed him the first year, actually.

In the offseason, signed Charles Johnson, Kevin Minter, a good FB, and a nickel CB.

Will have an extra 4th and 5th next year. Traded Enunwa for those picks. Had the depth at the time, kinda regretting it now. But still have that TE, Anderson, Kearse, and Pryor. Will probably draft one next season. Probably a slot.

Last, but not least, once Brady retired, I traded Bridgewater to NE for their 1st, which is where I picked up my 77 overall MLB.

Played 1 game in season 2 so far, and lost to MIA 9-7 (only played key moments).

Defense is definitely fun to play with. Moved Williams to DT, so he's acting as my 1 tech in my 4-2-5. Between Williamson and the rookie MLB roaming free, no team can run on us. Just need to get everyone on the same page with man coverage (wish I could do true split coverage, a la TCU).
Old 07-12-2018, 06:28 PM   #591
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

OVR: 16
How is your franchise going? Madden 18

Just started a new CFM with updated rosters as the Dolphins. After getting beat up pretty good Week 1 against the Bucs, we rebounded and beat the Chargers handily in Week 2. Week 3 saw us go to NY to play the Jets.

In a game that looked like was over and done with, we were trying to run out the clock on the ground. Kenyan Drake came out because he was exhausted and Kalen Ballage came in for a token carry. On his lone tote, he gained no yards, got stripped and saw the Jets scoop it for a TD. The Jets converted the 2-point conversion and we went to OT.

The Jets of course won the toss and started with the ball. In an 8-minute OT (why in Madden is OT not the same length as your normal quarters?) the Jets had a long drive that resulted in a FG with just 2:30 left.

Getting the ball back knowing we need at least a FG, our offense was on fire early in the game but cooled off considerably in the 4th quarter. I wasn’t too confident in what we were going to be able to do. They were kicking into 11 MPH wind, the the kickoff only made it to the 8-yard line and Albert Wilson hauled it in. Getting some great blocks, made one player miss and running past the kicker Wilson took it to the house for the walkoff win! That was my first return TD in M18 and damn it felt good!

If you want to follow along, check out my dynasty here:

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...phins-m18.html

Last edited by R1zzo23; 07-12-2018 at 06:34 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2018, 09:53 AM   #592
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

4-4 w/ NYJ in a Play the Moments CFM after a 17-15 L vs ATL..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »