How is your franchise going? Madden 18 - Page 8 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

How is your franchise going? Madden 18

This is a discussion on How is your franchise going? Madden 18 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football

Old 08-28-2017, 02:04 PM   #57
Rookie

jtshurtleff's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How is your franchise going? Madden 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
I just finished week 1 of my Bears cfm and I got my lunch handed to me by the Falcons, 34-7 and my only TD was in garbage time. My plan for this season was to try and rely on the defense and run game and just try not to mess things up with the passing game while I develop Trubisky but it looks like I'm going to have to open things up if I want to avoid double digit losses
That game was tough for me, lost 52-33 and about 24 of those points were in garbage time for me once I was down 42-9. Trubisky was okay, 2 TD's and 2 picks, and Howard was a boss going 19 for 173 and 2 TD's.

2nd game against TB I lost 33-16 but it was a little closer than that. I was up 13-10 at half, went down 17-13 as soon as the 3rd quarter got going and then got another FG to make is 17-16 going into the 4th. 4th quarter was awful, Glennon threw a pick 6 and the Bucs got a couple FG's late. Trubisky missed all but the first half of the first quarter and went 5-6 for 43 yards. Glennon went 31-40 with 280 and a TD and a pick. Howard was much worse, 60 yards on 20 carries.

3rd game against Pit was my most complete offensive game, going for 150 rushing and 300 passing for the first time, Trubisky 2 TD's and a pick to go with 300 yards, Howard had 100 and a 2 TD's, Cunningham scored a TD (Langford hurt), and Kendall Wright had 120 and a TD. Defense got wrecked by Bell but Ben wasn't great, less than 200 yards. Won 39-24

4th game vs. GB and I am in the middle of a beatdown Rodgers hasn't seen since the NFC title game last year. Up 31-7 at one point, 2 minutes left and it looks like I'll take the game either 38-14/17 or 38-21 depending on my defense. Picked Rodgers 2 times in the red zone and they fumbled on their 20 once for a pretty easy game. Defense held up against the run wonderfully and the GB defense is terrible. Over 350 rushing for me in the game, 150 for both Howard and Cunningham, another 60 for Trubisky and 5 TD's between the 3.

Should be 2-2 going into week 4 where I thought for sure I would be 0-4 but I learned how to play D a little better. My offense is coming around too, specifically my running game. I am planning on picking up a CB in the draft and possibly a SS, DT and true OLB to switch to the 4-3. Also need a WR#2 if Wright doesn't work out but he's serviceable so far, 250 yards and 2 TD's in 4 games. Disappeared in the GB game though.
Old 08-28-2017, 03:17 PM   #58
Just started!

Ive chosen to use the Minnesota Vikings as my team for connected franchise. Mike Zimmer has retired due to health issues and wanting to spend more time with his family. In replace of him, the Vikings have hired former Eastern Washington head coach & Cal offensive coordinator, Beau Baldwin as their new head coach. His track record of coaching good quarterbacks with the likes of Mike Reilly, Bo Levi Mitchell and Vernon Adams Jr, all who have had decent careers up in the CFL was a big point in hiring him. They hope he can develop Teddy Bridgewater into the franchise quarterback they intended him to be when they drafted him.
First moves that Beau made was trading Mike Remmers, Michael Floyd and a 2019 3rd round pick in order to acquire Eastern Washington alum, Cooper Kupp. Hed sign Anquan Boldin, Eric Rogers, Sebastian Vollmer & Austin Pastzor to provide competition & depth at the tackle spots and receiver positions. Hed also sign Colin Kaepernick and try him out to compete for the backup QB spot. With the offense switching to a run first scheme and him wanting a mobile QB, he chose to pick up the former 49er QB.
In the first preseason game Jaleel Johnson beat out Sharrif Floyd for the second DT, Ben Gideon had a strong showing, Laquan Treadwell struggled, Teddy Two Gloves looked phenomenal & Moritz Boehringer had a strong fourth quarter making a case for himself to make the final 53 man roster. David Morgan II had a great game and will contend to be the backup Tight end. Dalvin Cook had a great game rushing for 110 yards on 12 carries.
After the game, Case Keenum traded to the Dolphins for a 2018 4th round pick now having only 3 QBs on roster with Sam Bradford, Teddy Bridgewater, & Colin Kaepernick. Laquan Treadwell & Antoine Exum Jr were both shipped off to the New York Jets for a 2018 2nd round pick. Beau would also snag up Michael Burton to be the starting Fullback.

In the coming weeks, I'm going to look to trade Sam Bradford away to a team in need of a Quarterback, maybe John Elway would be interested. I'm also looking to trade Sharrif Floyd and I'm targeting a trade with the Colts for Malik Hooker. Trying to figure out if the trade would be fair, realistic and what pieces would be needed to make it go through.
Old 08-28-2017, 03:58 PM   #59
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by downundermike
Have any of you figured out how to do substitution with your custom playbook.

Any time I go to formation subs in franchise, it only lets me do them based on the Eagles playbook, not my custom playbook.
That has been the limitation since formation subs was implemented. The work around for me has been to create a custom based off an existing one I like. Then I at least have a majority of the plays to formation sub.

That option may be to late for you though.
Old 08-28-2017, 04:50 PM   #60
Rookie

ednaaard's Arena

Started as the Browns on the weekend, and went 7-9. Osweiler was very good for 6 games, was 11-2 TD to INT ratio but I needed to see what Kizer was about. Kizer started off average, and after 6 games he had a 8-6 TD to INT record, but he found his groove in the last 4 games and finished well.

I couldn't re-sign Crowell, he wanted to test free agency, so I replaced him with Jeremy Hill for the same value, and have Duke Johnson Jnr backing him up. I drafted Nick Chubb in the 2nd round (32nd pick), and with Duke Johnson in a contract year, I will probably let him walk and roll with Hill, Chubb and find a quality third down back next season for passing downs.

I let Vitale go at FB, and signed an 85 overall FB in the 5th round. I drafted a 6'6 WR in the first round also, so I've essentially re-united Equanimeous St. Brown and Deshone Kizer from Notre Dame. I also drafted an MLB in the first and second round, who are both speedy and powerful. My 2nd round pick is my starting MLB, while my first rounder is a bit more raw and is backing up the ROLB, MLB and LOLB positions. He's essentially Jamie Collins v2, so he will replace him at LOLB in a couple of years when it's time to re-up/move on.

I traded Joe Haden to the Packers because his cap situation was a joke. I picked up a couple of young corners, including Cam Sutton and signed Sam Shields on a year deal to get me through the season. I intend to go with a corner in the first round of next years draft if there's good player there.

I've started the season 1-1 after a late win over the Falcons. I lost my first game to the Ravens, who made it to the Superbowl last season and lost to Carson Wentz's Eagles.

Myles Garrett racked up 11.5 sacks last year, and already has 5.5 through 2 games this season. He's a 91 OVR, Njoku is a 90 and Kizer is an 81. I've got Juju Smith-Schuster too after the Steelers released him. Jabrill Peppers hasn't been the playmaker I hoped for so far.
Old 08-28-2017, 05:05 PM   #61
MVP

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtshurtleff
Should be 2-2 going into week 4 where I thought for sure I would be 0-4 but I learned how to play D a little better. My offense is coming around too, specifically my running game. I am planning on picking up a CB in the draft and possibly a SS, DT and true OLB to switch to the 4-3. Also need a WR#2 if Wright doesn't work out but he's serviceable so far, 250 yards and 2 TD's in 4 games. Disappeared in the GB game though.
I switched to a 4-3 last year, I'm going to try and stick with the 3-4 and see if I finally get the hang of it this year
Old 08-28-2017, 05:38 PM   #62
All Star

OVR: 7

Don't know what it is, if it is more rust than usual or the game being different, but I suck right now.

Currently 1-2 in year 1 of my Ravens CFM on AP using A&S sliders. Flacco has thrown 8 interceptions in 3 games.

The AI is a beast in the 4th quarter. I don't think it is comeback code, I think it is due to the AI using coaching adjustments while I tend to ignore using it.

First game against the Bengals was a disaster. Took a 3 TD lead into the 4th when Ross decided to go crazy, helped by a 4th quarter int by Flacco. Scored on a 50+ yard slant when he juked Jefferson then broke Humphery's tackle and of course no one could catch him after that. Then he scored on a 60+ yard go route where he burned my corner and Eric Weddle allowed him to get over the top. That had me mad, but was nothing compared to what happened next. Bengals had the ball on their own 35 or so with about a minute left. Dalton throws a hail marry to Green. It gets deflected, and the only player who continues playing is...Ross. All my players are laid out in a pile and he jogs 30 yards into the endzone. Game goes into OT. Then my defense forces a punt and Flacco hits Maclin on a 48 yard post route for the TD. Yay I won, but damn lol. Dalton finished with over 500 yards passing, close to 300 of that came in the 4th. Ross finished with...look a whole ****ing lot of yards alright.

Next two games were similar in that I took leads into the 4th quarter but then proceeded to throw ints and the AI offense started beasting.

I can take solace in the fact that preseason was rough. Aside from Maclin my other starting WRs were injured. I had Maclin and my #2 was rated 66 overall. Lost both my TE and HB, then lost my 2nd string HB. This last game Dixon was my only healthy RB, and had 3 healthy WRs. Had 7 guys out for multiple weeks after preseason. After dropping injury slider by 5 points in week 2 things look better.

Anyway, following my usual franchise tradition of using the Ravens and not making any major moves in year 1.
Year 2 I'll look to convert to a 4-3 defense and make some changes, but nothing major. I don't make trades much because its like taking candy from a baby, so drafting and FA for me.

As for what I am looking at for the draft, man I got a lot of holes on offense. Offensive line is priority number 1 but after that, probably best player available. I don't think I have a single position on offense that is not needing an upgrade (LT maybe, also don't need to replace Yanda just yet, but on my radar). Defense can ride a bit, would like a DE this draft and maybe a OLB, but not pivotal.
Old 08-28-2017, 06:43 PM   #63
MVP

Reed1417's Arena

The New York Jets' pre season has wrapped up under Coach Reed. Read the wrap up and check out the surprise announcement to get ready for Week 1! Reed's Madden 18 Franchise: Longshots in New York

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
Old 08-28-2017, 07:35 PM   #64
Rookie

ejf0255's Arena

This year's Madden so far is the most fun I've had in a decade. Can't wait to move the Skins somewhere. LoL.

What week is the week you choose. I'm in week 4 at 2 and 2 my team is battling for mediocre. LoL

Great game. Fantasy draft went well got plenty of Penn State Alumni.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »