Home

How is your franchise going? Madden 18

This is a discussion on How is your franchise going? Madden 18 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2017, 11:40 PM   #65
Rookie

Mr.Tennessee's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How is your franchise going? Madden 18

In week 4 of my Titans CFM, 2-1 prepping for the Texans (Watson was POTW for week 1)

Week 1, I beat the raiders by stopping Carr and the passing attack but Lynch took me for 150 on the ground

Week 2, I lost to the Jags in overtime on a fake field goal. My secondary was no match for the Jaguar receivers for the most part and got roasted early and often.

Week 3, I held the Seahawks to 12 points and forced two clutch redzone turnovers from Russel Wilson.

I switched from a 34 to a 46 base and the last two weeks I've allowed under 50 yards rushing each game. Offensively Derrick Henry leads the league with 350 yards and 5 tds while Demarco has over 200 yards as well. While my secondary has been sub-par, Leshaun Simms does have 3 ints early in the season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2017, 12:31 AM   #66
MVP

cquigley's Arena

OVR: 1

Just finished game 2 of the preseason with the Eagles. Thought about waiting for week 1 rosters but decided it's my franchise I'll do it how I want.

So far 1-1 in the preseason. Beat Packers and lost to the Bills. Carson has looked great. 4 tds to 0 interceptions. Have not enjoyed running with Blount. Was considering releasing him and just sticking with Sproles, Smallwood and Pumphrey but then Sproles got hurt and is out for like 8 weeks.

Not sure if I wanna do a trade for someone like Jeremy Hill but I've considered it. Patriots traded the Falcons for Tevin Coleman. And Dak Prescott got hurt in Game 1 of the preseason and is out for the season.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Old 08-29-2017, 12:48 AM   #67
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10

Previously....

Spoiler

J - E - T - S JETS JETS JETS

The Road to 0-16..part 2

I cannot describe how great it felt to get a win this season, loss after loss, terrible QB play, terrible USER play, I FINALLY won a game... two actually. It was such a thrill having the lead in the 4th and holding on, something that was foreign to me this season.

I finished the year 2-14, not the 0-16 I had expected. Was a lot of fun, told myself I wouldn't restart, would ride this franchise out...BUT.... I ended up restarting . Biggest reasons being some of the AI roster movements (cutting early rookie signings), learning the mode (leaving scouting on auto, since it just scouts players in order and all 3 ratings, as a house rule I don't want all the info on so many players), and also sliders, having found a set to use mid-season and experiencing a much better gameplay.

But, I'm gonna do my best to stay with this one franchise, ride it out, hopefully win my first ever Super Bowl in Madden. Came so close last year with the Bucs, only to have Winston go down in the NFC Champ and be steam rolled in the SB.

Will continue to post updates here, but most of the in-depth information can be found here:

The Lombardi Pursuit: A M18 Career Dynasty

Enjoy!
Old 08-29-2017, 12:56 AM   #68
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Two games in to my franchise and I've set offensive football back 50 years, 392 yards in two games and one play accounted for about 70 of them. I did have a really fun game vs Tampa Bay though. Down 16-3 in the 4th quarter, I scored with a pick six, then got the ball back and scored on a big play thanks to poor cup playcalling to go up 17-16, then they kick a FG with about a minute and a half left to make it 19-17 and I proceeded to throw a pick 6 with Trubisky and flush the game down the toilet
Old 08-29-2017, 06:03 AM   #69
Rookie

Simmed 1st season as Jets and drafted an 85 OVR Franchise QB 1st overall, now just waiting for statue QB to be fixed so I don't get 10 sacks every game.
Old 08-29-2017, 06:16 AM   #70
Rookie

fripperiffic's Arena

Currently 1-2 on All Pro with the Seahawks. Lost a gut wrencher 44-41 in week one against Packers. No D in that one, but a late red zone turnover after a long drive spelled my doom. Still messing with sliders and trying to find balance. The last loss was absolutely my fault. Shootout with the Titans. I blew it big time in the 4th. Down 35-28 with a about 4 minutes left, I turn it over in the red zone. Again. They would score one more time, and then I would answer back with another red zone turnover. I simply can't get any push on the goal line to punch it in with my RB. But then again, I have Seattle's O line, so that is fair.

Last edited by fripperiffic; 08-29-2017 at 08:24 AM.
Old 08-29-2017, 08:49 AM   #71
Rookie

fripperiffic's Arena

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zjjayej7yRg&t=28s

Witness my epic 4th quarter meltdown. I was putting up stupid yards, but getting denied in red zone. I still think the fumble by Rawls was bull. Anyone else noticing the challenge system seems broke? There have been so many close plays/turnovers that it won't let me challenge, and that are not automatically up for review, like scoring plays/turnovers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2017, 09:26 AM   #72
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trchamp
Simmed 1st season as Jets and drafted an 85 OVR Franchise QB 1st overall, now just waiting for statue QB to be fixed so I don't get 10 sacks every game.
How old? Can you post picks?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »