Home

Sabo's Madden 18 Completed CPU Gameplans Project

This is a discussion on Sabo's Madden 18 Completed CPU Gameplans Project within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2017, 07:40 PM   #65
Rookie

Connolly22's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Simulation Football Playcalling 18: Fixing the CPUs Predictable Gameplans

Can these (or other edited playbooks) be used in CFM in 32 team control? I don't have a second controller, so could I just go through the work of doing all of this and importing the playbooks to every team?

I don't want to go thru the trouble of doing this just to find out I can't import it into the game without a second controller
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2017, 08:01 PM   #66
3-4 Defense

roll2tide's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connolly22
Can these (or other edited playbooks) be used in CFM in 32 team control? I don't have a second controller, so could I just go through the work of doing all of this and importing the playbooks to every team?

I don't want to go thru the trouble of doing this just to find out I can't import it into the game without a second controller
I almost certain that having the CPU use a custom book requires a 2nd controller.

Be Good Or Be Gone
Sent from Galaxy S8+
GT roll2tide
Let's play Madden or Fifa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA

Twitter roll2tide
Old 08-26-2017, 08:06 PM   #67
3-4 Defense

roll2tide's Arena

OVR: 13

@xSABOx

Maybe a stupid question, but will the CPU ONLY call plays based off of it's game plan ratings within the playbook? For example, if I removed engage 8 from the game plan tab in every situation would the CPU NEVER call it in a game?

Be Good Or Be Gone
Sent from Galaxy S8+
GT roll2tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA

Twitter roll2tide
Old 08-26-2017, 09:54 PM   #68
Banned

OVR: 0

I did a defensive 4-3 book and included almost strictly the zone's where DB's play with brains. I have not starred it yet, but it is in the vault. I practiced mode each coverage vs verticals to see what works. really improves the game and is 177-plays. on ps-4.
Old 08-27-2017, 11:38 AM   #69
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connolly22

Unfortunately, I don't think its possible without a 2nd controller...

Quote:
Originally Posted by roll2tide
@xSABOx

Maybe a stupid question, but will the CPU ONLY call plays based off of it's game plan ratings within the playbook? For example, if I removed engage 8 from the game plan tab in every situation would the CPU NEVER call it in a game?

Be Good Or Be Gone
Sent from Galaxy S8+
GT roll2tide
Exactly... if a played is not rated with a star it will not be called...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prilosec
I did a defensive 4-3 book and included almost strictly the zone's where DB's play with brains. I have not starred it yet, but it is in the vault. I practiced mode each coverage vs verticals to see what works. really improves the game and is 177-plays. on ps-4.
Nice if you're doing it for yourself... but without rating the plays it defeats the purpose for the CPU...
Old 08-27-2017, 11:59 AM   #70
Pro

OVR: 4

I just want to throw something out there... Whoever is in charge of playbooks for EA did a really good job of selecting the right formation packages for each team... it a shame they haven't come up with a system yet that allows for all of it to be taken advantage of...

They actually have a solid foundation in place to do it if they can just figure out how to program it right...The game can handle about 100-150 plays per down and distance without crashing... I would consider something similar to NBA 2ks freelance system...

I would try to come up with a percentage system with using a combo of down&distance, play type and concepts... for example

OFFENSE
D&D - 1st down
PLAY TYPE - RUN 60% PASS 40%
CONCEPT - INSIDE ZONE, OUTSIDE ZONE, QUICK PASS, DEEP PASS

The system would then select plays with with the running game more heavily starred...

Not really putting a lot of thought in to it but there is potential for a lot of different things that can be fixed if they just embraced a customized system on both sides of the ball the way 2K has... it would add character to every team and make every game feel different
Old 08-27-2017, 05:00 PM   #71
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSABOx
Unfortunately, I don't think its possible without a 2nd controller...

Exactly... if a played is not rated with a star it will not be called...

Nice if you're doing it for yourself... but without rating the plays it defeats the purpose for the CPU...
I did star all the plays in both books.Do you know if the 2017, 2nd Controller work-around still works properly in Madden 18 ? I tried to do it, but I could not Quick Sim the cpu offense like I could last year. Maybe I made a mistake setting it up and I will re-try. I just play my Offense and quick sim all else. Would like to know if anyone can confirm this for Madden 18. Thanks for all you do to make this game better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2017, 08:36 PM   #72
MVP

SwaggerCoach's Arena

OVR: 10

Sabo,

Got to check out your Panthers playbook. Thanks BIG time for the work you're putting in this year. We just had a baby 2 months ago...so there has been FAR LESS free time available for me

Anyway, your approach to building the playbook looks fantastic. Really digging it! Loving all the read options, power options, and veers.

A few notes:
- You might cut down on Curl flats - CPU is obsessed with calling that play
- Some short yardage plays are gameplanned for 3rd/4th and long - I'd be worried the AI wouldn't pick up enough first downs
- The Panthers rarely ever run HB screens...although with McCaffrey, that could change
- You have a few fade routes gameplanned for NON-goalline situations. I suppose a team COULD run a fade outside of the redzone...might just be weird
- More red zone variety would be awesome - especially for the TE Olsen

Thanks again!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »