Home

Madden 19 FRANCHISE Wishlist

This is a discussion on Madden 19 FRANCHISE Wishlist within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2017, 12:41 PM   #9
Rookie

ednaaard's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 19 FRANCHISE Wishlist

This wishlist will basically be a repeat of the Madden 18 wishlist seeing as nothing was touched essentially...
Old 08-23-2017, 01:40 PM   #10
Rookie

Franchise is still awful since they made no changes.

If you play "Offense Only" - the CPU either drives down for a score or turns it over. There is no in between. Every hand off is a guaranteed 4 yard rush. They drive down for a 90 yard drive against me, handing it off every single play. Minimum 4 yard rush every time, what a joke.

CPU stats are absurd, they play 12 min quarters so every CPU game has scores like 52-40.

CPU doesn't "learn" anything. No adjustments on defense, they just call random plays.

Not realistic, not fun, and EA doing nothing to improve it.
Old 08-23-2017, 02:05 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

Easy 32 team control NEEDS to be in the game. I want to let the CPU handle their own teams, but step in when necessary. That includes rolling back moves that have already happened such as trades, cuts, etc.

I'm not planning on buying this year's Madden primarily for this reason.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2017, 02:08 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by inningsgrinding
Franchise is still awful since they made no changes.

If you play "Offense Only" - the CPU either drives down for a score or turns it over. There is no in between. Every hand off is a guaranteed 4 yard rush. They drive down for a 90 yard drive against me, handing it off every single play. Minimum 4 yard rush every time, what a joke.

CPU stats are absurd, they play 12 min quarters so every CPU game has scores like 52-40.

CPU doesn't "learn" anything. No adjustments on defense, they just call random plays.

Not realistic, not fun, and EA doing nothing to improve it.
Play calling has been a disaster since the beginning of time. Teams don't scheme or gameplan against you, they either call plays that directly counter whatever you called or they call plays that let you expose them.
Old 08-23-2017, 02:18 PM   #13
MVP

Toupal's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrtkolman
Play calling has been a disaster since the beginning of time. Teams don't scheme or gameplan against you, they either call plays that directly counter whatever you called or they call plays that let you expose them.
Another good point, and wishlist item....

Make Coaches Matter: What separates Bill Belichick (Chad Masters) from Chip Kelly in Madden? Besides their appearances and playbook, absolutely nothing.

In years past they have had ratings for coaches. Or something that would separate a quality in coaches is their ability to give certain positions rating boosts.

How about attributes to make a coach more useful? Instead of their scheme just dictating the players ratings, how about we get overall ratings for things like:

Scouting: How many scouting points you get each year/ week based on how good at scouting your coach/ gm is.
Someone like Pete Carrol for example... he only had one pick in the top 10 (Russell Okung) but he nailed his later round picks like Kam Chancellor, Bobby Wagner, Russell Wilson, Richard Sherman...)

Motivator: Can you get your players fired up for game day? Are you going to get the most out of your players? Players won't drop in overall after a bad performance, or they get a little boost in overall performance before a game, depending on how great of a motivator you are.

Recruiter: Obviously something you would think would be important in college, it is just as valuable for the NFL with the Free Agency. Can you talk that big name player into joining your team. Players value many factors into where they are going to sign; money, success, scheme fit, location, and coaching. Peyton Manning probably would have been a Bronco if it weren't for John Elway talking him into it.

Position Expert: Ever notice how some coaches always find a way to make a position on their team work? Like Mike Shanahan... I don't think he has ever had a running back not play at a pro bowl caliber for him. Alfred Morris, Clinton Portis, Mike Anderson, Terrell Davis, and Olandis Gary.

Or how some teams can move on from a Joe Montana, Brett Favre, or Drew Bledsoe, and have a Steve Young, Aaron Rogers, or Tom Brady leave off, or do better than their predecessor?

Some coaches just give that little boost (rating boost) to certain positions. Instead of just simply bumping up their overall, bump up things coaches really can affect, like awareness.

I am sure there are a million other ideas for coaching/ gm overall that i may not have thought about. But I am sure the OS community can think of some pretty good ideas.

How cool would it be do also have a year-round free agency where coaches can be picked up and fired (just like real life). Especially how cool would it be to pick college coaches up?
Old 08-23-2017, 02:23 PM   #14
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

Love the wishlist Toupal. Hopefully we can get this into Rex's hands.
Old 08-23-2017, 02:25 PM   #15
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toupal
Madden 19 Franchise Wishlist/ Fan Mock-Ups

I feel it is important to get this started as soon as possible, since EA probably already has plans for Madden 2020 by now. But, with the minor additions CFM saw this year, it is never too early to start a wishlist or create mock-ups now that some of us have had the game for a few days now.

In previous years, we have done a cumulative wishlist for what we want to see in the next cycle of Madden. However this year, with the lack of attention franchise mode received between 17-18, I feel it is important that we give the franchise mode its’ own wishlist to show EA how important and how much one of its’ oldest game mode means to us.

I would like to see the wishlist formatted by a title in bold, then an explanation into the feature to highlight the point, such as:

Custom/ Sharable Draft Classes: Allow us to access and fully edit and share draft classes outside of franchise mode. Then prior to the start of each season in our franchise, give us the ability to search/ download that draft class. It eliminates having to depend of updates and tweaks to draft classes

***Side note- I would love to see injuries in draft classes as well as scout for future draft classes. Such as have more than one draft class per season so you can see the future talent. You see teams reach all the time on QB’s because the next years draft class doesn’t have the “talent”

Assistant Coaches/ Coaching Carousel: Even though coaches are not a part of the coaches union, that never stopped them from adding Chad Masters (Bill Belichick). Give us generic coaches, and give us the ability to edit there appearance, name, and coaching style. I would AT LEAST like to see coordinators. But I would love position coaches. Especially recently retired players.

Easy 32 Team Control: Quite simply, I want the ability we had in Madden 12 and before. I want to run my franchise as MY TEAM. But I want to be able to play ANY game I want. If I have a franchise as the Broncos, and I miss the playoffs, I want to be able to play in the AFC Championship Game if its’ the Patriots vs the Steelers.

Historical Stat Tracking: I want commentary and in game banners for tracking my stats. If I hit a big milestone, I want to hear about it. If I break a big record, I want to be able to see that news story take up the front page of my CFM homepage. When I view my player card, I want to see career stats broken down by each year, and what team that player was on that year.

Legacy tracking/ Hall of Fame: Making the Hall of Fame is a HUGE deal. So why does Madden downplay it to just a simple Tweet in the offseason?? I want to see legacy scores tracked harder than XP and Drive Goals. We always debate, who is better? Brady or Montana? Well how cool would that be in Madden if they had the score lined up for all the NFL greats, and your individual players had to chase them?? Things that would factor into that score would be stats, awards, super bowls, records, career overall, and I am sure there are other things that can be added. But that would add to the excitement of playing past 1 season. I used to try to break Emmitt Smiths’ rushing record all the time as a kid, and I would love to see that be an achievement in Madden.

Weekly Wrap-Up Show/ Report: How nice would it be after advancing through each week, if they had a breakdown of what is going on in the league, and each games results? Something that actually meant something to the CFM. It would include
- Scores/ stats/ highlights of each game
- Standings
- Transactions
- Injury Updates
- Scouting news from college
- Power rankings
- Anything you can think of

Team/ Stadium/ Jersey Builder- Similar to what NCAA used to have, I would like to see the ability to get REALLY, REALLY in depth with team creation. This could also be flipped to MUT, or even playing online. Give the players the ability to show off their creativity by showing their stadiums, jerseys, or teams they created online. Then give us the ability to import these items into Franchise.

Mock-Ups
Thanks to DeuceDouglass and his phenomenal blue print for a great franchise, it has opened the door to a lot of great ideas Connected Franchise Mode: A Rebuild

I like most people enjoy pictures more than reading, so please feel free to share your fan made mock-ups as well. Some that i have made over the years to give you guys some ideas.

Updated player card

Mock Drafts

Hall of Fame

Updated Layout

Granted some of these are outdated, but I would love to see what the community can come up with. The more mock-ups or screen shot of things in old Maddens help out immensely, and they are fun to look at.

These are just some of the important things I would love to see in Madden 19. Please. Please. Please. Please share your ideas and thoughts, and help put Franchise Mode into the forefront of Madden once more.

Thanks,
Toupal
I just shed a tear. Props. haha
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2017, 02:29 PM   #16
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

My 3/4 big wishlist things:

Bring more meaning to connected franchise.
Let me play out my NFL career and then transition to become a coach in the league. From there I need to earn where I go starting as an assistant (token duties on game day, but running practices w/ position groups during the season - tough sell and probably wouldn't make the cut IMO) to a coordinator biding my time waiting for the right opportunity to make the leap to head coach. Even at that point, there could be really meaningful changes depending on the situation you are hired into. A hands-on owner/GM may want control of the rest of their staff or roster decisions, or a hands-off owner may give you the power to do everything - those could even be factors when negotiating for a job. Down the line you could have a coaching tree and all that jazz as other players and generated coaches come and go from your staff/teams over time.

GM Mode
Becoming a GM could allow for a true 'coach mode' as your manage a franchise (again, dealing w/ owner satisfaction/potential power struggles) but not actually playing the games. I could see a GM probably making it hard to recruit coaches who want full control, as you'd end up being a token position with little to do but running the draft and watching a lot of games - but that could be all some want to do, too.

A path to ownership would be the rare next step, but baby steps, that's for later iterations.

Meaningful ownership
Owners should have personality. Some are hands on, some are hands off, some swoop in and make decisions you have to react to (desire to draft a certain player), others are completely invisible but need to be appeased/appealed to for certain things (end offseason with specific improvements to position groups). Fail to meet their objectives and it could lead to your firing or deciding not to renew your contract. Owners should have chemisty and tendencies amongst each other, this should factor into league meetings where rules could change the game, anything from expansion and relocation to field goal and overtime rules.

I need to know more about who teams want to draft
I don't need it spoiled, but I need to know projections for the positions ahead/after of me, to some degree, so I know when I need to trade up say 2 spots, or be willing to trade down 5 and still get who I want.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »