Home

Madden 19 FRANCHISE Wishlist

This is a discussion on Madden 19 FRANCHISE Wishlist within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2017, 03:50 PM   #17
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 19 FRANCHISE Wishlist

Replace the stupid "swag/YOLO" player introductions/starting lineups with NFL broadcast introductions/starting lineups. A row of photos is FAR better than players in full pads minutes before kickoff posing together showing of their guns.

It's immersion breaking. I skip it every single time because of how unrealistic it is.
Old 08-25-2017, 10:14 AM   #18
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Basically just going to copy and paste my post from Deuce's "Rebuild" thread:

A couple ideas I've had just based on what I do manually in my CFMs are:

1. Adding some sort of League History hub that would include:
- Past award winners, stats leaders, etc.
- Super Bowl matchup, who won, Super Bowl MVP, etc.
- Standings (I personally make a note of all the playoff teams each season in an Excel spreadsheet so that I know that ______ has basically turned into the new-age Patriots or ______ has made the playoffs for the first time in 5+ years)

2. Something to add a little more detail to commentary. I'm envisioning something like the old Madden's Player Icons system. So for example:

Fan Favorite: This player has been with the team for at least ____ years. When he scores, the commentator might say "Listen to that crowd! This guy has been around for awhile now and the fans have really fallen in love with him!" Or if a fan favorite is cut/traded, it could pop up as a slightly more specific News item saying "Fan Favorite ______ has been cut after spending the past ___ seasons with the team."

Injury Prone: If this player gets hurt, it could pop up with a more specific news item like "______ has battled with injury issues his whole career, and now he is hurt once again."

Draft Disappointment: This would apply to first round picks that are below an 80 overall or something after 3 or 4 seasons. If they get a starting job with a new team, the commentator could make a note of it, saying something along the lines of "_____ just didn't work out with his previous team. He's hoping to get a fresh start here."

Displaying the player icons on the field was really lame back in the old Madden's, but I think the idea that, for example, an 80 overall player with "Injury Prone" has less value on the free agent market than an 80 overall player who is healthy was a great idea on EA's part, and I think bringing it back to some degree, even if it's just to add some more specifics to news items/commentary, would be a good re-addition to the game.

For reference, I found this old guide to the old Player Icons:
http://www.neoseeker.com/madden-nfl-...6836-role.html

3. Bringing more life to the offseason
Contract negotiations/free agency is so much more dynamic in real life than it's portrayed in really any sports video game. Madden needs to bring this period of the offseason to life. Make it feel like you really need to recruit free agents to join your team. Make it so contract negotiations actually involves going back and forth with agents and eventually reaching a compromise. Even if it's as simple as taking some of the recruiting features from NCAA's Dynasty Mode or taking the contract negotiations from NFL Head Coach 09, these kinds of things would go such a long way towards bringing more life and fun back to the Franchise mode.

I think the draft itself is fine for the most part. Including mock drafts, draft grades, etc. would be nice, but it's okay.

Scouting could use a drastic overhaul in my opinion. I simply despise the current format where you get three rating grades and that's it. Even if there was a lot of repetition, the scouting reports from old Madden games at least made you feel like they were a real draft prospect.

ex:

There's just so little information that we can glean from scouting in the current game, and I think the previous iteration where you'd unlock specific attributes was weak as well. I think we should have the basic gist of at least the 1st and 2nd round picks, and then be given the ability to select prospects to reveal information for (ex: scouting those 1st and 2nd round guys might give us more specific/accurate info while scouting later round guys might unlock info that was a complete blank before).

And as touched on in the OP, customizable/downloadable draft classes is pretty much a must in my opinion.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont

Last edited by Yeah...THAT Guy; 08-25-2017 at 10:18 AM.
Old 08-25-2017, 10:37 AM   #19
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
Replace the stupid "swag/YOLO" player introductions/starting lineups with NFL broadcast introductions/starting lineups. A row of photos is FAR better than players in full pads minutes before kickoff posing together showing of their guns.

It's immersion breaking. I skip it every single time because of how unrealistic it is.
What about auto generated rookies? 10 years into a season, you'd have generic face photos. Some probably the same.

Also, pretty sure they coined those intros as "Rockstar" lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app

Last edited by Datninja619; 08-25-2017 at 03:04 PM.
Old 08-25-2017, 10:45 AM   #20
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

One thing that's starting to turn me off is CPU depth chart. As we know they sort by OVR.

So cowboys for example have Dez returning kicks... Why.

Now here's what gives me hope, if you start a CFM with live rosters, then the depth chart is based on real nfl depth. Giants have Perkins starting over Vereen and Vereen has higher OVR.

I just want some type of logic to see some variety in CPU depth chart. Maybe the starting QB has been doing horrid (Peyton Manning), so the back up needs to come in

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-25-2017, 11:24 AM   #21
Rookie

micdaduke21's Arena

I love the ideas everyone has made about in depth franchise. It makes no sense to me why EA neglects to update such a important part of what made madden NFL football a legendary game. It is fun for us user to create and expand like NFL head coach for example. Give us a chance to create and be able to upload are own content from the online community like 2k and the ability to change and modify players in the draft class. I am so frustrated by the inabilities and limitations that madden has. There should be a variety of realistic in season issues at your disposal. Why aren't we able to have coordinators and positional coaches that the online community can create and upload and stadiums that look and fill modern or upgrade and make changes to existing ones. Logos and uniforms change with some teams and other historical teams stay traditional but at least over the years having new ownership or the ability to change ownership because if your playing year after year and owners are already old stay the same that's not real. Jerry Jones can't live forever so I don't see him if your in a evolving franchise 20 years down the road still being a owner at 100 years old. Now I see maybe his son taking over but there should be a ever evolving league and a single commissioner the user controls not related to any of the NFL teams.
I guess my many issue in conclusion is that CFM mode is to damn sallow and stale there should be suspensions, more realistic NFL sidelines and realistic atmosphere in a ever changing league. I wouldn't even mind commercials so you can change your game plan and at halftime a timed break to make adjustments. Fatigue, injures, penalties, substitutions, realistic transactions, unexpected trades, unexpected cap cuts, real GM tendencies, real coaching positional tendencies, fully customizable control, ability to upload from the madden community, and if your a poorly ran franchise or cheap owner let that effect the team. Madden Devs Please Listen To The Madden Community and Focus on the intangibles we are bagging and pleading for and look into making franchise mode deep as possible and stop focusing on MUT and making extra dollars when you have been bleeding us for year and year without not even a whence of change and creativity we deserve in the CFM mode. Schedules should be overhauled from pre season to regular season to mimic real life or the ability to adjust, make up fake reporters that have opinions, and reports and storyline that are realistic and interesting and in depth. So finally I loved madden since Sega genesis, I loved bill Walsh college football since Sega genesis, I loved Joe Montana since Sega genesis and I believe all those game where created by EA sports, so a billion dollar company with the ability to create games for over 20 years needs to take the next step because I guarantee that if 2k still had a NFL license and was nipping at Madden's heels you would listen to us consumers and step you game up....!!!

Sent from my NS-P08A7100 using Operation Sports mobile app

Last edited by micdaduke21; 08-25-2017 at 11:41 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2017, 02:33 PM   #22
MVP

forme95's Arena

You know a game is awesome when a "Next year Wishlist" is already created before the current year game is released

F1 23 My Team S2
GT7 Dabble

Just have fun and play :)
Old 08-25-2017, 03:22 PM   #23
Rookie

downundermike's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toupal
Madden 19 Franchise Wishlist/ Fan Mock-Ups

I feel it is important to get this started as soon as possible, since EA probably already has plans for Madden 2020 by now. But, with the minor additions CFM saw this year, it is never too early to start a wishlist or create mock-ups now that some of us have had the game for a few days now.
Toupal
Absolutely outstanding write up. EA needs to invest in the franchise mode, this is an NFL football game, I don't card about MUT or any of the other crap.

I wan't to build and mold a franchise, maybe hire the next big thing ( Dabo Sweeney ) when my current coach needs to be fired, groom the next super star from the draft to the hall of fame.

We need everything that goes on in the NFL included in the game. This is the 3rd year of Madden since I bought a next gen console, and before that I strictly played on nintendo, and I hate to say it, even though graphics and game play were not on par with PS3 or XBox, it was more fun playing back then.

All the little things, shadow a receiver with your top corner, create custom packages to make substitutions easier etc etc.

I am on the fence on buying this year, I only played 17 for about a month.
Old 08-25-2017, 04:46 PM   #24
Rookie

cheddabob7502's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninertravel
Proper 32 team control so it takes 10 seconds to start up a franchise not 30 mins

be able to have the LS actually play LS, without having to spend another hour editing all players to a C or G from a TE because CFm does not allow LS to actually play their on the depth chart for some DUMB reason.

Not have players vanish from free agents, for example the LS problem because of that teams release long snappers and because they are lower rated players they vanish from the roster

Be able to create a player in franchise YES this used to be in PS2 versions of the game!! there is nothing worse then starting a franchise up and week 4 you find out one player is not in your roster you started with because they vanished or were not in the roster update. maybe let us.

and Let us edit injuries ourselves please?? so we don't have to release players from rosters just because that team has a lot of injuries

I like the long snapper idea. I wish they would make it a mini game with the long snapper, holder and kicker. Make it to where if you don't time the catch and placement right of the ball it would be a bobbled snap and kicker would hesitate. Have their own ratings since they are a trio and have as much chemistry as a QB and WR.

I wish they would add REAL NFL Roster restrictions. I know on Sundays they dont have a full 53 man roster dressing out. Its 46 and man that would make you have to sit and bench some players. Really adds to the off ball injuries and makes you strategize more on roster build up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »