Home

Poor offensive line play

This is a discussion on Poor offensive line play within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2018, 11:20 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Poor offensive line play

Even after the patch the offensive line is completely clueless on who to block. I cannot be the only one who sees this. On just about every play CPU Has unblocked defenders who completely destroyed the play. Most of the time my offensive linemen just stand there and watch or block for a nano second, as the cpu defender runs past to make a tackle.
On the other side of the ball CPU offensive line play is much different. My defenders Hardly ever have a free open tackle, seems cpu holds blocks longer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2018, 11:22 AM   #2
MVP

Re: Poor offensive line play

I haven't had any issues in All Madden. I run for around 100 a game throw for high 200 to low 300. Biggest things are using slide protection, making sure you have enough blockers in, stepping into the pocket and ID'ing the free blitzer.
Old 08-23-2018, 11:25 AM   #3
Rookie

I wish I knew how to send videos to the website because I’m sitting here right now watching a replay of a linebacker who drops into coverage then blitzes right past two offensive linemen who ignore the blitz. And these guys are both rated in the mid 90s.
Old 08-23-2018, 11:27 AM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdelicce
I wish I knew how to send videos to the website because I’m sitting here right now watching a replay of a linebacker who drops into coverage then blitzes right past two offensive linemen who ignore the blitz. And these guys are both rated in the mid 90s.

If he had enough time to drop into coverage, then blitz you are holding the ball way too long. There is a counter in the game that basically the lineman degrade as the play goes on to simulate NFL type pocket times.
Old 08-23-2018, 12:01 PM   #5
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

It feels worse post patch to be honest. Prior to the patch I was having no problems being patient. I was even one of the big proponents in the "resemblance of a running game" thread. I am seeing way more Insta sheds and guys dropping into coverage but somehow getting five yards into the back field untouched in the blink of an eye after 1.07. This patch did so many things to the game I just don't like to be honest
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2018, 12:17 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4VERTS
If he had enough time to drop into coverage, then blitz you are holding the ball way too long. There is a counter in the game that basically the lineman degrade as the play goes on to simulate NFL type pocket times.
I understand that. But holding the ball to long isn't what makes my offensive limemen blind to rushing defenders.
Old 08-23-2018, 12:31 PM   #7
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

I'm really digging when my center snaps the ball and then spazzes out in his stance for like 3 seconds before actually blocking while the DT runs right past him. Really adds to the realism of playing as the Broncos.

:|
Old 08-23-2018, 12:38 PM   #8
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdelicce
I understand that. But holding the ball to long isn't what makes my offensive limemen blind to rushing defenders.
I am referring to the running game my friend lol. I get sacked maybe once every game if that

Sorry: jdelice I was trying to quote the guy you were quoting

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »