Home

Play Now Live ---> CFM

This is a discussion on Play Now Live ---> CFM within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2017, 06:11 PM   #9
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Play Now Live ---> CFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vertman
I hear you, I could not figure out how to just pick each team and play a custom game between two teams of my choice. I must be missing it but i remember having the same problem in NHL 17 also. Any help?
It looks a little different this year but it's in there.
Old 08-23-2017, 06:30 PM   #10
MVP

I'm a little peeved at this mode, as I thought it would be like MLB The Show's Live Mode. However, there are games missing and the settings can't be changed.
Old 08-23-2017, 06:40 PM   #11
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by baconbits11
I'm a little peeved at this mode, as I thought it would be like MLB The Show's Live Mode. However, there are games missing and the settings can't be changed.
If you have online access you can go to Franchise -> Online CFM -> Start New w/ live rosters. From here you can select which week you want, team, then it jumps into a CFM at that point, where you can change settings.

If you do from Play Now Live, I would think your profile settings (from main menu) would carry over to the play now game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2017, 03:36 AM   #12
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
No, Play Now Live does not directly require payment to EA to play. You get Play Now Live with the game.

Sony and Microsoft both require subscription to their online services to play any game online. Play Now Live is an online mode; it is powered by online Franchise, has dynamic updates to game content from live services, and can spawn a cloud Franchise. As such, to access it you must subscribe to first-party, just like all other online gameplay features in Madden and almost every other console game.

In the future, maybe an altered offline-only version of this feature could be delivered via content updates a la roster updates and commentary updates (which I believe both don't require subscription online services, but I could be wrong), but that's not the route Tiburon chose to go with the feature this year.
Wait WHAT?
So you went on to write that diluted response to basically say: you can't say it costs money because you can see the option to click on it when you buy the game (even if to actually play it you DO have to pay money)?

Maaan, the lengths some people go to

This is not about EA vs. Microsoft/Sony either, because there are other games that have the same feature with offline functionality at no cost... of course that is not the route Tiburon chose go with this year, as that would have been the correct route.
Old 08-24-2017, 07:29 AM   #13
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdm27
Wait WHAT?
So you went on to write that diluted response to basically say: you can't say it costs money because you can see the option to click on it when you buy the game (even if to actually play it you DO have to pay money)?

Maaan, the lengths some people go to

This is not about EA vs. Microsoft/Sony either, because there are other games that have the same feature with offline functionality at no cost... of course that is not the route Tiburon chose go with this year, as that would have been the correct route.
Ok dude... 1. Chill. 2. His point is that EA doesn't profit when someone pays for Xbox live or ps plus so there's no reason for them to make it require the connection unless it needs it because of something in the tech side of how the game is made. This is the dumbest conspiracy theory ever.
Old 08-24-2017, 08:12 AM   #14
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
Ok dude... 1. Chill. 2. His point is that EA doesn't profit when someone pays for Xbox live or ps plus so there's no reason for them to make it require the connection unless it needs it because of something in the tech side of how the game is made. This is the dumbest conspiracy theory ever.
1. Chill about what, dude? My post wasn't profane or hyperbole so take off the cape, please.

2. To the bold... that makes no sense, this is a "new" feature to Madden, but not to other sports games, which have the same challenges when it comes to PS-Plus/X-Box live, but somehow manage to create features that don't FORCE the user so the idea that Play Now Live "NEEDS" to be set up this way speaks to either:
a) An intent of making it the way it is
b) lack of grasp on their whole user base or
c) lack of ability to create a feature up to par with what other games have.

You pick which.

But hey, everyone is entitled to their beliefs, so I guess Play Now Live "needs to be this way"... until next year (or via patch after complaints) when they claim they listen to the community and make it offline too
Old 08-24-2017, 09:10 AM   #15
MVP

reverend_heat's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMJOHNS18
If you have online access you can go to Franchise -> Online CFM -> Start New w/ live rosters. From here you can select which week you want, team, then it jumps into a CFM at that point, where you can change settings.

If you do from Play Now Live, I would think your profile settings (from main menu) would carry over to the play now game.
I haven't really messed w cfm yet, you seem to have a good grasp on the new features so maybe you can answer my question. Is it possible to do a 32 team control season this way? I know about setting up profiles in cfm for all 32 teams, my main concern is being able to skip the preseason so I'm able to start week one with accurate rosters. Simming the preseason destroys roster accuracy with the crazy cutting/signing the CPU does (even if u set CPU roster moves to off). I just want to basically play each game from the 2017 season w accurate rosters and stat tracking starting week one while just skipping the preaseason CPU roster butchering, is this possible in 18?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2017, 09:14 AM   #16
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverend_heat
I haven't really messed w cfm yet, you seem to have a good grasp on the new features so maybe you can answer my question. Is it possible to do a 32 team control season this way? I know about setting up profiles in cfm for all 32 teams, my main concern is being able to skip the preseason so I'm able to start week one with accurate rosters. Simming the preseason destroys roster accuracy with the crazy cutting/signing the CPU does (even if u set CPU roster moves to off). I just want to basically play each game from the 2017 season w accurate rosters and stat tracking starting week one while just skipping the preaseason CPU roster butchering, is this possible in 18?
Unless you have 32 different Profiles (each with its own PS-Live account, I don't know as I haven't tried this) then I reckon it would not be possible.

I think online CFM limits the user to 1-team control, someone please correct if it's not the case.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »