Home

Questions about Quarter Length and League Statistics

This is a discussion on Questions about Quarter Length and League Statistics within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2017, 05:51 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Questions about Quarter Length and League Statistics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondsfan
If the game is tuned to give appropriate stats at 6 min quarters, what about defensive stats? While sacks may be ok, wont tackle numbers be way off since there are less plays?
Everything will be off except total yards and possibly points per game. Yards per pass, yards per catch, etc, will be hugely inflated.
Can someone please explain how this can be the standard for "sim" mode? Smh

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
Old 09-01-2017, 10:59 AM   #18
Rookie

kcchiefs1984's Arena

OVR: 1

Still playing Madden 16, but we all know these issues carryover from year to year. I wish the saves could carryover as well.

I play 12 minute quarters and get from 115 to 130 plays between myself and the opponent. The simulated games are averaging between 150-170 plays a game though, which obviously has an impact on numerous aspects of the game. Not only stats and weekly and yearly award opportunities, but more importantly, it is likely causing more hits on the quarterbacks, increasing injuries. As it is now, if I play with injuries on, quarterbacks are a dying breed, forcing me to turn injuries on sporadically to keep injuries at a reasonable season rate and create imaginary injuries for my own team. An option to play 12 minute quarters but have simulated games play 8 or 9 minute quarters would be ideal.

Again this is on Madden 16 but I feel confident saying the same issues remain. Sorry for the disgruntled post but I just read the franchise options and abilities of another yearly sports game and found myself wishing I could do all that stuff while playing my favorite sport of football.
Old 09-01-2017, 11:42 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22
Questions about Quarter Length and League Statistics

Didn’t want longer qtrs but I decided I wanted the correct number of plays over the correct yardage in a shorter game at the expense of higher averages. Started what is supposed to be a temp CPU vs CPU CFM with NYJ (lowest rated team in current rosters) and am 2-0 on the regular season after Ws over BUF and OAK.

Number of plays per game through 2 games: 122 (runs + passes + sacks)

Qtr length and run off: 15 min, 11 sec

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited by NoleFan; 09-01-2017 at 11:44 PM.
Old 09-02-2017, 12:30 AM   #20
Banned

OVR: 0

Sim engine is very good in Madden. I am editing Rovert's roster update from August 29th and correcting sacks and qb fumbles.
the only problem with sim stats is that when you sim a season (at qtr. length of any amount), each teams averages around 5-plays to many, per game.

This translates into around 85-100 to many plays per team - per season.
Easy fix for this is to play two games with each team, at 5-minute qtrs. (no acc. clock) - or 8-min.-qtrs.(w/acc. clk.) to reduce too many overall plays per team - per season. When you do this, you will see probably the best sim stats of any console video game in history, so far any ways.

Last edited by Prilosec; 09-02-2017 at 12:34 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »