Home

Madden Presentation: Beyond Broadcast or Real-Life Broadcast?

This is a discussion on Madden Presentation: Beyond Broadcast or Real-Life Broadcast? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Madden Presentation
Beyond Broadcast 4 7.69%
More Realistic Broadcast 45 86.54%
No opinion/don't care 3 5.77%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-23-2017, 03:20 PM   #1
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30
Madden Presentation: Beyond Broadcast or Real-Life Broadcast?

I've mentioned this before but with how much flak CFM has received this year, virtually nobody mentioned how much presentation has staled since Madden 16.

For next year, Madden desperately needs to overhaul it's presentation besides the commentary. Post-play camera angles, stat wipes, banners everything.

So I ask what would you like the direction of Madden's presentation going foward? Are you a fan of the beyond broadcast thing they do now or would you like the more true to life presentation?
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2017, 03:24 PM   #2
MVP

Toupal's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden Presentation: Beyond Broadcast or Real-Life Broadcast?

What do you mean "Beyond the broadcast" and "true to life presentation"
Old 08-23-2017, 03:25 PM   #3
MVP

prey2god's Arena

Yeah, the current Madden halftime show is lackluster. Camera angles seem like video game camera angles showing the highlights. Instead, they should incorporate what the highlights would look like on ESPN or some other sports channel showing highlights.

I hate to be the typical guy putting out the proverbial 2k example, but kind of like the highlights shown in 2k5 and NBA 2k franchises. They're doing something right with those.
Old 08-23-2017, 03:27 PM   #4
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

True to life all the way. I want it to look like what I see on tv.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-23-2017, 03:35 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 20

the thing i think is most lame about presentation is their insistence on plastering "EA SPORTS" and "MADDEN 18" all over everything, and all the graphics and stat overlays being in that cheesy videogame style. where's ESPN? where's NFL network? where's CBS? NBC? where's the NFL films music? basically nothing about the audio-visual aspect of presentation is any good, and, hate to be this guy, but i'm turning 40 soon, i don't have that much longer to wait for this stuff - this might already be my last madden as it is.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2017, 03:41 PM   #6
MVP

prey2god's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOPARADIGM
the thing i think is most lame about presentation is their insistence on plastering "EA SPORTS" and "MADDEN 18" all over everything, and all the graphics and stat overlays being in that cheesy videogame style. where's ESPN? where's NFL network? where's CBS? NBC? where's the NFL films music? basically nothing about the audio-visual aspect of presentation is any good, and, hate to be this guy, but i'm turning 40 soon, i don't have that much longer to wait for this stuff - this might already be my last madden as it is.
Real talk. I'm pushing 40 and I just realized how long i've been playing Madden for lol
Old 08-23-2017, 03:44 PM   #7
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOPARADIGM
It's remarkable how much this one little thing kills the immersion; I totally agree. I wouldn't care if it was just NFL Network...but something real that can make you feel a little more like you're involved in something 'real'. It was amazing to me (and it actually surprised me personally) how much more I was immersed when MLB The Show added the MLB Network presentation elements.
Old 08-23-2017, 03:45 PM   #8
MVP

delete Msg

Last edited by Impetuous65; 09-29-2017 at 12:09 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »