Home

Madden 18 CFM Scouting Tool

This is a discussion on Madden 18 CFM Scouting Tool within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2017, 01:57 PM   #177
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Madden 18 CFM Scouting Tool

Quote:
Originally Posted by mets718
Do many of you hold off on Red Chip players in the early weeks? for example

Lets say you're scouting WR's... do you scout one skill level for each of them then if they are a blue chip you scout further?

And the remaining red chips do you hold off until the combine to input the combine #'s which sometimes is the deciding factor if they are a red chip or do not draft?
This is exactly what I do. As soon as it says potential red chip I stop and move on but write down his name. This way I can find all the blue chip guys at all the positions I want to scout first and then check out those red chip guys later. My last draft I was able to scout every player that that had a projected rd (not undrafted) at all positions except LE, RE, DT, FS, SS, and WR. I didn't need to scout those positions anyway and ended up with an extra week worth of points at the end. Had a great draft to.

EDIT: I don't necessarily wait tell the combine to scout red chip players. Once I'm done with the positions I want and have gone through them all then I move on to red chip guys regardless of what week I'm in.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app

Last edited by tdawg3782; 09-15-2017 at 02:00 PM.
Old 09-15-2017, 02:43 PM   #178
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg3782
This is exactly what I do. As soon as it says potential red chip I stop and move on but write down his name. This way I can find all the blue chip guys at all the positions I want to scout first and then check out those red chip guys later. My last draft I was able to scout every player that that had a projected rd (not undrafted) at all positions except LE, RE, DT, FS, SS, and WR. I didn't need to scout those positions anyway and ended up with an extra week worth of points at the end. Had a great draft to.

EDIT: I don't necessarily wait tell the combine to scout red chip players. Once I'm done with the positions I want and have gone through them all then I move on to red chip guys regardless of what week I'm in.

Yeah, I understand.

I'm planing on doing it that way also.

I feel like I waste points on red chips too early when I can focus on the blue chips first.

That was my issue last year, this year I'm taking this approach.

Thanks
Old 09-16-2017, 06:22 AM   #179
Pro

Old Man Nathy's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlb61
That's what the Scouting Tool calls them, and what they're called in the Madden scouting tables, but not the Madden Attribute abbreviations normally used in the game uses.

But thanks for the heads up. I hadn't noticed this inconsistency.

Yeah you're right, it is inconsistent. Bizarre.

v7.1 released 16th October 2018! Check out the thread and download the latest version!
Old 09-16-2017, 10:19 AM   #180
Rookie

Thanks for this tool.

Do you still want people to send you data ?
Old 09-16-2017, 11:08 AM   #181
Pro

Old Man Nathy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbytava
Thanks for this tool.

Yes please

v7.1 released 16th October 2018! Check out the thread and download the latest version!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2017, 11:14 AM   #182
Pro

Old Man Nathy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbytava
Thanks for this tool.

Yes please

Old 09-17-2017, 01:22 AM   #183
Stay thirsty my friends

goalieump413's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mets718
Yeah, I understand.

I'm planing on doing it that way also.

I feel like I waste points on red chips too early when I can focus on the blue chips first.

That was my issue last year, this year I'm taking this approach.

Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg3782

I wanted to chime in too...

I don't necessarily worry whether a prospect is a blue or red chip early on. Here's why: The low end of a blue chip prospect and the high end of a red chipper are subjectively meaningless to me, so long as the player fits the following criteria:
  1. He is a player in need sometime in the upcoming 2 seasons
  2. He has an excellent speed rating
  3. He fits the scheme my organization runs
When I scout the first trait and the tool reports he's a probable red chipper, he's still worth scouting, in my opinion, at any time. If my draft is middle or bottom loaded, providing me a few extra picks, I'll reach a little and draft those red chippers in round 3 to lock them up for depth. They're cheaper than re-signing an aging veteran (even though the veteran's AWR is much higher).

It's certainly great to spot the blue chippers and fully vette them, but the likelihood that you'll be able to load up on blue chippers is statistically slim vs counterbalancing with red chippers. For me, this is the main argument against overloading your early scouting with blue chip searching.

Also, I'll click the 'Y' button (xbox) and put a watch on every blue or red chip potential player found in scouting. Even if their 3rd trait drops them into the 'do not draft' grey area, if I'm near the end of my draft and I need depth, I still might draft him. If nothing else, I've spotted a guy who might be worth a FA signing after the draft.
Old 09-17-2017, 07:41 AM   #184
Rookie

First off, thanks so much for the tool. Stumbled across it on the forum and love how much it organizes the draft and helps identify the studs. I wanted to pass along one of the bigger busts that I've seen relative to other people posting using the tool. Every other pick was good besides this one so wanted to send along as feedback to further refine the tool.

WR Richard Dailey Possession 4E UD 21 6'1 216 CTH B+ CIT B SPC B- 4.58 38.6 9'11 6.88 4.15 18 DRAFT - Blue Chip Prospect

I needed a WR pretty bad and missed on every single one in round 1 (had the last pick), so reached for Daily end of round 2 since I wasn't guaranteed he'd be there for my 3rd round pick. He ended up a 64 overall and I can't remember the true talent number, but it was pretty terrible. Having said that, I ended up drafting a quick 78 overall WR in round 6 that was #14 in true talent

Thanks again for the tool - ridiculously helpful!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »