Home

Madden 18 CFM Scouting Tool

This is a discussion on Madden 18 CFM Scouting Tool within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2017, 12:17 AM   #217
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Madden 18 CFM Scouting Tool

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBDS
Awesome job as usual buddy! But I am missing the HIT POWER among the Scouted Skills. Am I doing anything wrong!? Perhaps working in and old version (I've downloaded v5.02). Thanks in advance!

Brazilian greeting from London!
Hit Power should be abbreviated as POW.
Old 09-25-2017, 10:38 AM   #218
Rookie

OthaWize's Arena

OVR: 5

Sorry if this has been asked. I am not sure where it is in the thread. I have version 5.01, what is difference between that one and 5.02.
Old 09-26-2017, 11:57 AM   #219
Pro

OVR: 3

OMN - I'm wondering if you ever bypass TVR ratings in favor of someone with just fantastic physical measurable. We are just in Week 11 of my 32-team CFM, so this message is premature. But as it stands now, there are three potential blue-chip WRs that I'm targeting. One is 6'1, one is 6'2, currently as the #2 and #4 TVR. But there is one 6'6 guy at #13 TVR.

Obviously all of this is super hypothetical before the combine, but as the Browns I'm looking at a top 5 pick, and I can't shake the feeling that a 6'6 receiver with A spc, B+ cit, B cth is just a very rare prospect.
Old 09-26-2017, 04:11 PM   #220
Rookie

OVR: 0

Man I spoke too soon about my O-lineman never getting hurt. I just simulated the season and only played the playoff games and I think I ended the Super Bowl with 1 starting offensive lineman LOL (had 4 of 5 healthy going into playoffs). I had like 8 players hurt in one game (not all out for game but like 2 or 3 of them) it was absurd.

For the IBK check on Guards and Centers - I'm not sure if that is valid this year or not because many lineman are coming in with B+/A- level IBK rating (at least in the draft I did). I'm not totally ignoring the check, but I basically scout the 2nd skill and if it is B- or higher I scout them as if they were blue chips. Essentially entering the 2nd unlocked skill 1st on the spreadsheet. Although TVR wise I think is is exactly the same rating it's just one way it will say "red chip" and the other way it will say "Blue chip".
Old 09-26-2017, 04:34 PM   #221
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucknut7
OMN - I'm wondering if you ever bypass TVR ratings in favor of someone with just fantastic physical measurable. We are just in Week 11 of my 32-team CFM, so this message is premature. But as it stands now, there are three potential blue-chip WRs that I'm targeting. One is 6'1, one is 6'2, currently as the #2 and #4 TVR. But there is one 6'6 guy at #13 TVR.

Obviously all of this is super hypothetical before the combine, but as the Browns I'm looking at a top 5 pick, and I can't shake the feeling that a 6'6 receiver with A spc, B+ cit, B cth is just a very rare prospect.
As long as the TVR is close - I would say that's completely justifiable to pick the guy you like. You would think that guy would be #1 on your board (or at least amongst WR) before the combine though anyway?

I guess cause CTH is the 'B' and it's weighed slightly higher than the other skills in the OVR calculation, but yeah that player seems like he could be a beast.

Typically I like the quick little speedy guys more than the huge imposing receiver - but at least in Madden 18 there is a bit of a move away from speed being OP (at least it seems to me the game is more than just all speed this year).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2017, 04:38 PM   #222
Pro

Devaster's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by burth179
As long as the TVR is close - I would say that's completely justifiable to pick the guy you like. You would think that guy would be #1 on your board (or at least amongst WR) before the combine though anyway?

I guess cause CTH is the 'B' and it's weighed slightly higher than the other skills in the OVR calculation, but yeah that player seems like he could be a beast.

Typically I like the quick little speedy guys more than the huge imposing receiver - but at least in Madden 18 there is a bit of a move away from speed being OP (at least it seems to me the game is more than just all speed this year).
Catch is one of the cheaper stats to raise on WR though. SPC and CIT are the most costly of the catching stats to raise. So that A SPC and B+ CIT are excellent to go along with the size. Comes down to the combine measurables.
Old 09-26-2017, 04:48 PM   #223
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devaster
Catch is one of the cheaper stats to raise on WR though. SPC and CIT are the most costly of the catching stats to raise. So that A SPC and B+ CIT are excellent to go along with the size. Comes down to the combine measurables.
Yeah true -which would be even more reason to take that guy - I was just commenting on the TVR calculation itself (I think it weighs CTH higher in the calculation than the others)
Old 09-26-2017, 05:28 PM   #224
Pro

Devaster's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by burth179
Yeah true -which would be even more reason to take that guy - I was just commenting on the TVR calculation itself (I think it weighs CTH higher in the calculation than the others)
CTH is weighted more heavily in the OVR calculation, but if you think about how to efficiently allocate EXP spent it would be better to draft the WR with higher SPC and CIT. CTH can be raised more quickly because it is cheaper.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »